Just got a RROD, NOOOOOO

  • Page

    of 53 First / Last

    Previous
  • Benno 24 Oct 2008 20:29:45 9,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I put fable in earlier and got a RROD, so I turned it off and back on again and all was fine.

    Now its happening all the time!!

    I know we don't exactly need another thread about this, but I was wondering if I am covered by any warranty?

    Its a launch model I got the christmas that the console was released, so thats 3 years ago right? (coming on 4). Did they extend the warranty for RRODs?

    Good job I have socom and LBP to play.
  • caligari 24 Oct 2008 20:30:59 17,018 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Three year warranty for RROD - you may be funked.

    On the plus side - you can buy a 360 for next to nothing now. \o/
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 20:32:03
    Mines started sputtering the other day but I told it to man up just in time.
  • gogobaka 24 Oct 2008 20:35:16 689 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine froze while I was playing Fable 2. Fable 2 is now officially confirmed to brick 360s!
  • Benno 24 Oct 2008 20:35:24 9,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know, never thought of the whole "man up" technique. Damn

    I could just get an arcade couldn't I? And throw my hard drive in

    But if its 3 year warranty, that means I am still covered right?
  • Razz 24 Oct 2008 20:37:21 60,997 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Take the hard drive out before you turn it on. click it back in just after you turn it on. my mate got RROD 4 months ago, still has it. But he still use his Xbox using that method. o_O

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Psychotext 24 Oct 2008 20:40:48 53,915 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're still under the three year warranty. Even if you bought it launch day you still have around another month.

    Sucks for timing though.
  • Benno 24 Oct 2008 20:41:33 9,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    didn't work

    but if there is a 3 year warranty on RRODs, does that mean every Xbox is still under RROD warranty?

    What number do I call
  • Metalfish 24 Oct 2008 20:44:04 8,818 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can do it online, I did.
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 20:48:57
    I know we don't exactly need another thread about this,

    YEAH THANKS FOR THAT.

    /awaits the SDF

    ;)
  • Razz 24 Oct 2008 20:51:16 60,997 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    didn't work
    ;_;

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Benno 24 Oct 2008 21:15:07 9,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks anyway baby
  • Syrette 24 Oct 2008 21:16:07 43,232 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FAIL.

  • Syrette 24 Oct 2008 21:16:38 43,232 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    caligari wrote:
    On the plus side - you can buy a 360 for next to nothing now. \o/

    Clearly you're pretty well off, financially.

  • Benno 24 Oct 2008 21:17:07 9,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For what it is, its very cheap.
  • Restart 24 Oct 2008 21:24:56 4,709 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine bricked it on Wednesday during the loading of Lost Odyssey. They've got wonderful timing, I almost wonder if there's an evil little man (probably Bill Gates) sitting in an office, remotely detonating 360's at random. The bastard.
  • Lexx87 24 Oct 2008 21:28:09 20,869 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    lmao, I love that thought. He's just going "muhahaha.../presses big red button...muhahaha...HAHAAHAHAHA!!!"

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • burns 24 Oct 2008 22:03:57 1,138 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just had exactly the same happen to me. To cut a long story short, instead of sending it back to MS at a fee of 60 I sold it to GAME. They gave me 70 even though it was fucked so I just put that towards a new 60gb version with free game.
  • BartonFink 24 Oct 2008 22:06:48 34,851 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What fee? it's free
  • burns 24 Oct 2008 22:24:07 1,138 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    well mine had one red quadrant and it wasn't free, I think it's only free if it has 3 red lights.
  • Psychotext 24 Oct 2008 22:25:22 53,915 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    burns wrote:
    well mine had one red quadrant and it wasn't free, I think it's only free if it has 3 red lights.
    Correct.

    Though it's usually advisable to just send it in as 3 lights or towel it for a bit until it does 3 lights. Not that you need to know that now of course... still, you have a shiny new one at least.
  • ZuluHero 24 Oct 2008 23:06:33 4,095 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Benno wrote:
    So I put fable in earlier and got a RROD, so I turned it off and back on again and all was fine.

    Now its happening all the time!!

    I know we don't exactly need another thread about this, but I was wondering if I am covered by any warranty?

    Its a launch model I got the christmas that the console was released, so thats 3 years ago right? (coming on 4). Did they extend the warranty for RRODs?

    Good job I have socom and LBP to play.


    yes they have the extended warrenty - and the good news is that it still covers launch consoles (only just ;)

    Mine (a launch premium) went this week - all you do is register here:

    https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx?mkt=en-gb&scrx=1

    Then type in the serial on the back of the console where it says add hardware. Click the repair tab and even though it says you have to pay, you don't, just give the reason as a RRoD and when you get to the invoice it will say 0.00. You will get a email with a UPS label. Print it out, stick your 360 in a box (i packed mine with carrier bags - at least im recycling! :p) and then phone the number to arrange a pick up. You can also track the progress via that site. it says mine is at the service centre (in Frankfurt :S)now so it shouldn't be there much longer. I sent it off tuesday afternoon.

    I hear they put the newer cooling units in them now (when they do their thang) so hopefully it should never happen again.

    I really hope i get mine back before next friday, as i want to play Fallout 3 :)

    Hope that helps!
  • Deleted user 24 October 2008 23:15:55
    squarejawhero wrote:
    I know we don't exactly need another thread about this,
    YEAH THANKS FOR THAT.

    /awaits the SDF

    ;)
    Here I am, bit late sorry... Oh, I forgot my line :/
  • Lepperman 24 Oct 2008 23:20:12 252 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good timing!
  • Benno 24 Oct 2008 23:22:31 9,821 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Benno wrote:
    So I put fable in earlier and got a RROD, so I turned it off and back on again and all was fine.

    Now its happening all the time!!

    I know we don't exactly need another thread about this, but I was wondering if I am covered by any warranty?

    Its a launch model I got the christmas that the console was released, so thats 3 years ago right? (coming on 4). Did they extend the warranty for RRODs?

    Good job I have socom and LBP to play.


    yes they have the extended warrenty - and the good news is that it still covers launch consoles (only just ;)

    Mine (a launch premium) went this week - all you do is register here:

    https://service.xbox.com/servicehome.aspx?mkt=en-gb&scrx=1

    Then type in the serial on the back of the console where it says add hardware. Click the repair tab and even though it says you have to pay, you don't, just give the reason as a RRoD and when you get to the invoice it will say 0.00. You will get a email with a UPS label. Print it out, stick your 360 in a box (i packed mine with carrier bags - at least im recycling! :p) and then phone the number to arrange a pick up. You can also track the progress via that site. it says mine is at the service centre (in Frankfurt :S)now so it shouldn't be there much longer. I sent it off tuesday afternoon.

    I hear they put the newer cooling units in them now (when they do their thang) so hopefully it should never happen again.

    I really hope i get mine back before next friday, as i want to play Fallout 3 :)

    Hope that helps!

    Yes just done this mate, thanks a lot for the advice!

    It's great timing actually, better it buckle now (while its still 3 weeks in warranty) than it fuck up next month.
  • johnlenham 24 Oct 2008 23:37:59 4,000 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Takes the best part of a month to come back tho.
  • Psychotext 25 Oct 2008 00:03:47 53,915 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    johnlenham wrote:
    Takes the best part of a month to come back tho.
    Not these days. Most people have it back in a couple of weeks.
  • SpikeRocks 25 Oct 2008 01:38:05 50 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just got E 74 after 5 hours of Fable 2. :(
  • Psychotext 25 Oct 2008 02:00:57 53,915 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    360 killer confirmed. \o/
  • funkyd 25 Oct 2008 02:03:57 7,522 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's the 360's killer app. ;)
  • Page

    of 53 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply