Final Fantasy Type-0

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Widge Moderator 24 Oct 2008 09:35:28 13,744 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else really looking forward to this? Based around the Crisis Core engine so all the groundwork is done there. Appears to have a party based menu driven approach, probably welcome news to those hoping that CC was going to be a fully fledged RPG. No word on whether there will be a world to roam though.

Some details in IGN:

In stark contrast to the story-filled pages on Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Famitsu's coverage of Fabula Nova Crystallis in its latest issue is filled with quite a bit of gameplay, complete with battle system info.

In Agito, you play as a student who attends a magic school. Following an attack on your capital city of Rebrum by the Empire of Milites, which uses its own technology to make the crystals of its opponents ineffective, your fellow students end up leading the cause to free the city.

Students in your school all have their own specialties when it comes to weapons. When you first start out the game, you get to select the character type of your preference.

The game's battle system has the look of a traditional menu-based system, with a menu offering selections for attack, heal, and classic Final Fantasy spells. You face off against both soldiers from the invading army and against monsters.

Famitsu offers a look at characters who make use of whips, cards, and katana blades as their weapons (strangely, the screens in the magazine have the characters listed with their weapons as their names). Each weapon has its own unique characteristics which you'll have to make proper use of in order to be successful on the battle field.

In addition to weapons, you also make use of summon spells, with past creatures like Odin and Ragnarok confirmed for appearance. The summoned beast appears in place of your character, and is directly controllable by you. As previously disclosed, there's a raising component to the game when it comes to the summons.

Given the gameplay-filled sequences shown in Famitsu and in the more recent trailers, Agito looks like it's far along in development. Hopefully, the wait won't be too long for this particular branch of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series.

and screenies:
    http://finalfantasyversusxiii.net/final-fantasy-agito-xiii-screenshots.php

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 24 October 2008 09:40:15
    So it has a more traditional turn-based battle system? I'm sold.
  • Widge Moderator 24 Oct 2008 09:43:15 13,744 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I would hope so, even if it has an FFXII approach I would be happy as long as it has a roamy real world to explore.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• LFMartins 24 Oct 2008 10:45:14 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wasn´t this more like a fighting game?
    Or maybe i´m wrong?
  • Widge Moderator 24 Oct 2008 11:13:18 13,744 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wrong, I see the Dissidia thread has been bumped, so you've probably found that now!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• LFMartins 24 Oct 2008 11:16:26 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That´s it. There are just too many Final Fantasy´s coming out.
  • LockeTribal 24 Oct 2008 11:33:51 4,539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hey Widge, you know you've linked to FF Versus XIII pictures and not FF Agito XIII ones, right?
  • Widge Moderator 24 Oct 2008 11:43:21 13,744 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oops

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 15 December 2008 19:54:10
    Have to say that it looks the most interesting out of the three so far, perhaps because its the only one where the trailer offers glimpses of how it will play.

Anyways I hope its a fully fledged rpg this time round, as Crisis Core seemed rather empty with far more effort spent on presentation than the deeply flawed game itself (and less said about the mini games the better, picking up shining dots on the floor, how cheap was that?). I'd be happy if the cut scenes, face and hair emo modelling took a hit if I could play a well balanced game system set in a world in which I can explore.
  • ilmaestro 16 Apr 2009 00:37:52 32,537 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does "recent" really emphasize how new something that just came out today really is? ^_^

• ilmaestro 16 Apr 2009 00:44:00 32,537 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    lol

• Deleted user 16 April 2009 01:24:38
    God damn I'm sick of game stories revolving around fucking crystals. I love FF, it is the reason I play games, and nothing excites me more than a new FF. But fuck me I'm fed up seeing big crystals in the games. It's not interesting, intriguing or clever.
  • ecu 16 Apr 2009 01:25:40 77,317 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Personally I refuse to play a game unless the story revolves around a big crystal.
  • Deleted user 16 April 2009 01:31:17
    >:(
  • silentbob 16 Apr 2009 01:41:20 29,027 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    .. not interesting, intriguing or clever.

.. too easy.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• CitizenGeek 16 Apr 2009 02:06:45 3,465 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really like that trailer - love the very obvious nods to FFXII and FFVII. I thought the battle systems in XII and Crisis Core were ace but I'd be happy with either in Agito or even a combination of both.

mowgli wrote:
    God damn I'm sick of game stories revolving around fucking crystals. I love FF, it is the reason I play games, and nothing excites me more than a new FF. But fuck me I'm fed up seeing big crystals in the games. It's not interesting, intriguing or clever.

But if they just abandon the common FF themes, then it's not going to be FF anymore, it's just another RPG with insanely high production values from Square Enix. I personally like how each game more or less interprets the orignal idea of the crystals in different ways (Mateira in FFVII, Magicite in FFXII, Spheres in FFX, etc.). It wouldn't be FF without it in some way :p
  • Hunam 16 Apr 2009 02:51:03 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disc wrote:
    Of all the weird things to complain about.

Not really, I'm sick of the fucking crystals with super magic powers too.
  • Scimarad 16 Apr 2009 07:25:30 8,637 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But as CitizenGeek said, crystals are pretty much at the centre of FF. Anyway, maybe I haven't played as many crystal related games as you; The only one I can think of off the top of my head is FFXII and that was bloody ages ago.
  • Deleted user 16 April 2009 09:30:56
    As far as I remember there were no "big crystals" in VI, VII, VIII, IX or X. How can you be sick of an idea which has only been used once in a main series FF (XII's sun cryst) since the end of the SNES era?
  • andywilkie35 16 Apr 2009 09:35:18 5,338 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The final place you go to in FFIX was a massive Crystal world IIRC. The cover art had a huge crystal too...

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Widge Moderator 16 Apr 2009 09:35:53 13,744 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    IX had a crystal in it when you got to the end game.... Kuja was after it

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 16 April 2009 09:37:26
    I knew I was forgetting something with IX.

/cries
  • LockeTribal 16 Apr 2009 09:58:04 4,539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Am I the only one getting a strong FFVIII-vibe from this? The whole "warring factions on the same continent" type thing?

Still, it looks luverly and I can't wait :)
  • Deleted user 16 April 2009 11:37:21
    Cid wrote:
    As far as I remember there were no "big crystals" in VI, VII, VIII, IX or X. How can you be sick of an idea which has only been used once in a main series FF (XII's sun cryst) since the end of the SNES era?
    Yup and VI, VII, VIII were the best. Interesting story and nice deep characters. I want a darker more 'realistic', in a VII sense, game. Right now, despite being the number one game I'm looking forward to more than anything, it looks bloody dull! (Talking about this and XIII).
  • andywilkie35 16 Apr 2009 11:41:36 5,338 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LockeTribal wrote:
    Am I the only one getting a strong FFVIII-vibe from this? The whole "warring factions on the same continent" type thing?

Still, it looks luverly and I can't wait :)

If this is anything like FFVIII I'll be delighted!

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
    Post deleted
  • Page