HP Printer problem

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Xerx3s 22 Oct 2008 10:45:46 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right, I've got a HP photosmart. It's a networked on a vista 64 business machine when I add the printer on another pc, it asks for an account name but then says that it can't log in. After that however, I have full rights and can add the printer and use it. When the computer reboots however, it can't print and I need to do the entire thing again.

WTF????? Does anyone know where this is coming from? I'm starting to go to that HULK SMASH! moment. :/
  • Amajiro 22 Oct 2008 10:51:08 2,214 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have a very similar setup but I don't have that specific problem. There really aren't very many options under printer sharing, so I would suggest you have a look at the user account details on the host machine and make sure that those users require a password to log in. Printer sharing seems to require a password - if you're not providing one that might be the source of your problem.
  • Xerx3s 22 Oct 2008 13:59:48 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GAH! HULK SMASHHHHHHH!!!!

/throws printer out the window
    /surfs to play.com
  • wobbler147 22 Oct 2008 14:17:13 5,138 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What is the status of printer sharing in the Network and Sharing Centre?
  • Tiger_Walts 22 Oct 2008 14:27:14 16,593 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PC LOAD LETTER

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• Zizoo 19 Aug 2013 14:02:50 8,374 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Today is my first day working from home, and my stupid printer is having issues. It's a brand new HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.

When I scan some through the feeder tray it always comes through slightly slanted/skew.

I have googled it and it's pretty common but I can't see a solution. I have made sure it's in perfectly straight, it goes in perfectly but comes out the same every time.

Any ideas? Any free software out there for fixing this sort of thing?

I'm scanning one by one through the glass top for now.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next