Star Wars: The Old Republic Page 61

• Page

of 61 First / Last

Next
  • Dave_McCoy 16 Nov 2012 01:23:16 2,807 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Aargh. I think it's a pretty solid, if rather unextraordinary, MMO. To some part it's WoW reskinned, which suits me as I find WoW very, very boring. Mainly due to the setting.

I've given Rodpad's scale of MMOs before and it still applies ;)
  • SClaw 16 Nov 2012 22:32:52 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You have to buy extra quick bars now... uh huh... *uninstall*
  • Sharzam 16 Nov 2012 22:44:06 3,362 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    seriously? I havnt played since Febuary and was annoying UI even then, are they trying to get people pissed off.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Ranger_Ryu 21 Jan 2013 09:43:05 1,090 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So,just started too get into this sorta annoying how you get reduced exp just because you're a f2p player which makes no sense,I mean fair enough restricting some features but reduced exp?,so does anyone else here still play?
  • Dave_McCoy 21 Jan 2013 10:58:14 2,807 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I finally stopped my sub recently but have loads of cartel points. I do have a couple of low level characters if you were looking to team up. What side you on?
  • lvitriol 8 Apr 2013 08:47:31 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I read the re-review, just sub then it's a much better game.
    heres my top 5 mmos

1.GW2
    2.SWTOR
    3.Allods Online
    4.Eve online
    5.WoW

Never thought id stop with WoW but im sick of it after playing since beta in 2005/06.
  • HelloNo 7 Jul 2013 20:09:56 1,271 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So anyone else still playing this?
  • M83J01P97 7 Jul 2013 20:19:00 6,710 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Since it was turned into one big 'Give us money if you want to do anything' fest...? No.
  • Dave_McCoy 8 Jul 2013 18:42:41 2,807 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Unfortunately it wasn't compelling enough and the guilds I joined fell apart. So, no...STO for me. Least it's free and reasonable. I'd rather drop the occasional fiver on that.
  • vijay_UK 9 Jul 2013 07:31:33 2,371 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TOR ought to have been sandbox where players dictate the direction a game goes, not like a traditional mmo where your hand is held. Players in a mmo want more control over their actions and more freedom, a little bit SWG was.
  • Ged42 1 Sep 2013 11:38:24 7,804 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Haven't played Old Republic in ages, but this might get me back.

• Dave_McCoy 3 Sep 2013 07:52:28 2,807 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hm, might tempt me back for a month. Been so long since I played it I probably have forgotten all the mechanics.
  • xXJippedXx 7 Oct 2013 15:03:00 537 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I started playing this a week ago, playing the elder scrolls online at EGX finally got me into mmo's so I thought I'd try TOR out as the Star Wars theme and the KOTOR story arc immediately interests me.

I've gotta say I really like it, feels like a bigger KOTOR basically. I never played an mmo before so all the comparisons/critiscisms with WOW are lost on me as im fresh to the genre and whats old to everyone else is new to me but... yea, I really like it! Also I started F2P but quickly realised that F2P is essentially a trial version, subbed after a few hours and the game opens up a bit more.

xXJippedXx... on EVERYTHING!

• spamdangled 7 Oct 2013 15:11:39 27,441 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My main problem with it is that the Sith and Jedi classes are just complete mirrors of each other, only with different names and visual effects for their skills. Other than that, they play identically. Which is rather disappointing to be honest.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Dizzy 25 Nov 2013 17:16:41 2,762 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmmm back playing this after a year or so. A lot of new content is keeping me rather busy atm. Looking forward to jump into my starfighter in 2 weeks.
  • Sharzam 4 May 2014 10:20:59 3,362 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Given that my friends keep reminding me about May the 4th I thought I Wold give this another go this weekend. Just an update the business model is still as stupid as ever.

I did a space mission and was finding it tricky so I went to the fleet and to buy some ship upgrades. First of all I see that the price of the items is increased for non subscribers, but as I have the money I buy the parts anyway and make my way back to my ship. Once I get to my ship to re do the space mission it says I cant. Apparently non subscribers are limited to the amount of missions they can do, as I retried a mission I was already at that cap.

So it asked me to buy some unlock and i uninstalled. Well that didn't take long. Guess 'privileged' doesn't mean anything either.

• DFawkes 4 May 2014 10:26:40 24,047 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That sounds horrible. I always thought locking off missions was pretty high on the list of DO NOT things with F2P games. Limiting missions limits your likely playtime, limiting the likelihood someone will stick around and actually spend money.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Sharzam 4 May 2014 10:41:30 3,362 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think having areas/missions locked off is bad exactly but I think having caps is terrible. Take LOTRO as an example of how that is done well, say your in a inn with multiple quest givers you can pick up most quests but one of them may need purchase of a quest pack. Subscribers don't purchase quest packs.

It doesn't ruin your pacing or immersion as you just do the other quests in the same area. The key bit is 'in the same area'. With SWTOR it lead me down a route and then said NO STOP. Totally ruined my pacing because I wanted to do the space mission I had tried earlier. I now would need to go to a different planet to keep playing, and it costs credits to move the ship.

Edited by Sharzam at 10:44:36 04-05-2014

• ChiefGB 4 May 2014 10:56:30 1,121 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gonna fire this back up in a bit, it is may the fourth after all ;) even subbing since lapsed about 7 months ago lol. Probably got a shit ton of coins
  • LostInBKK 28 Aug 2014 07:05:55 12 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have been watching a play thru of SWTOR on YouTube and I was really surprised by how GOOD the game looks. :D

How playable is the game as a F2P?
  • Page

of 61 First / Last

Next