Star Wars: The Old Republic Page 57

• Page

of 61 First / Last

• Dave_McCoy 16 Apr 2012 06:21:13 2,807 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RMXtreme I was told they've changed how expertise works. It does more damage but not as much damage reduction now...or something.

Funnily enough it's improved for me. But, the Republics refusal to work as a team or treat matches as anything other than a deathmatch means we lose plenty of games. All I do is stick to healers but no one tends to help out and I get killed by the healer's two defenders. Meh...
  • SClaw 16 Apr 2012 06:59:45 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Unfortunately, there is no particular reason to work as a team unless you are getting your dailies in. Playing it as a deathmatch generally gets you a lot more medals as a DPS. Needs some tweeks I think.
  • Dave_McCoy 16 Apr 2012 12:05:50 2,807 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought people weren't getting anything if they lost. Or at least severely reduced rewards? Is that for ranked WZ or have I made that all up?
  • SClaw 16 Apr 2012 15:50:26 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You get a bonus amount for winning. You can still pick up 90+ even if you lose simply by doing whatever. Winning pushes that into the range of 120 odd I think.

Ranked WZs aren't in the game yet.
  • RMXtreme 16 Apr 2012 18:36:17 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You really can't max I got was 50 that was when I got like 14 medals and the match ran pretty long, problem is if the other side has you outnumbered or join after the initial combat it can be quite difficult to get the three medals you need unless you just babysit a node, which isn't very fun. (Just won a 3-2 Voidstar 12 medals, 62 commendations).

With the expertise changes the damage is just too high, fights are now decided by whoever brings the most DPS and don't last very long, which I find a bit boring.

They also buffed Sentinels for some strange reason, when the class already was one of the, if not the, best PVP class in the hands of a good player.

Edited by RMXtreme at 18:43:24 16-04-2012
  • SClaw 30 Apr 2012 08:33:12 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There are some issues with damage resistance I think. Or maybe it's just poor balancing. As a sniper (a mere 38 too) after hitting a target with the armour debuff I can do anywhere between 2.5k and 3.5k with a single ambush shot. It's great... but I should not be killing people in four or five hits when I'm not even slightly a glass cannon (so far I have two shields, a knockback and the damage reduction of cover - not to mention when you pop entrench you can't be stunned).

Partly, I think it's a problem with the noob WZ not knowing how to get the most out of their classes. No one guards, few people heal and I've never once been taunted. Looking at the 50's WZs with my vanguard, it does seem more balanced.

One thing I have noted lately, on the new coast WZ when you play same-vs-same faction... it's always pretty even. I get the feeling the two factions are not exactly balanced on some classes.
  • Dave_McCoy 30 Apr 2012 08:56:29 2,807 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I find when I play Rep v Rep it's much easier. Maybe we're just not as good at PvP but it seems less...snare, snare, root, snare, knockback.

It's not too bad when I go in to a game with a couple of guild members but when I go on my own it's usually a mess. No one knows how to attack the healers, no one heals on our side, usually there's one guy screaming about what we should be doing despite not actually doing it themselves. It just gets tiring real quick. I'm not saying I'm brilliant at PvP mind, I just try and fill my role.
  • Elythador 3 May 2012 14:36:55 35 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just bought this game after months of trying not to. Do you guys have much of a guild?
  • SClaw 3 May 2012 15:32:07 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not in a guild myself but for PvP servers I can't recommend Tomb of Freedman Nadd (sp??) enough. Always good and full with a wide spread of levels. Shouldn't struggle to group on most worlds.

Do not - under any circumstances - join a quiet server. It's the pits even though can solo most content to level.
  • Tabasco 4 May 2012 13:03:46 5,780 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any chance someone can send me a friend 7 day trial please? Did try the beta but didnt have much time to play.

I'm off all next week so would be a good time to do this....any takers?
  • RMXtreme 4 May 2012 15:03:07 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sure, send me your e-mail address. There are quite a few restrictions I'm afraid.
  • Tabasco 4 May 2012 18:37:40 5,780 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hey RMX, not spoken to you for a while! :)

Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't be able to use either the weekend trial or the friends trial having been in the beta. Pretty mental restrictions actually...

Shopto have the physical at just over 20 quid, may drop on that instead.
  • RMXtreme 4 May 2012 19:36:39 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The leveling experience is very good IMO (at least the first time) and for a little over 20 quid you definitely will get your money's worth. Just be sure to pick Tomb of Freedon Nadd if you like to PVP or The Red Eclipse if you prefer PVE, all the others have too low a population for an MMO IMO.
  • Orange 4 May 2012 19:42:29 4,887 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    jeez, all the way down to just one fully active server of each type?
  • RMXtreme 4 May 2012 20:13:19 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yup
  • onestepfromlost 4 May 2012 20:45:50 2,117 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    and the problem is if you want a decent pvp one the only one busy is freedon nadd but now its so busy that if you roll on it at busy times you are going to get stupid queues, ive decided not to renew my sub, I just dont have the time to dedicate to it, but may come back when i have more time and the game is more settled.
  • Tabasco 5 May 2012 00:00:37 5,780 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good advice cheers!
  • munki83 6 May 2012 08:06:51 1,453 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has the game been nerfed at all I was having problems leveling my sith assassin so gave up. That's my one issue with the story MMO. You can love the story or your class but you may not be suited to their play style. I should of rolled sorceress but couldn't resist the double bladed lightsaber.....fuck it I'm going to update and try again
  • Elythador 6 May 2012 14:27:10 35 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Now playing. My character is Emberil
  • Elythador 6 May 2012 14:54:48 35 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Does anyone know of a good guild on frostclaw?
  • RMXtreme 6 May 2012 16:20:57 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    munki83 wrote:
    Has the game been nerfed at all I was having problems leveling my sith assassin so gave up. That's my one issue with the story MMO. You can love the story or your class but you may not be suited to their play style. I should of rolled sorceress but couldn't resist the double bladed lightsaber.....fuck it I'm going to update and try again
    If you're using the tank spec it should be a fairly easy leveling experience.

@Elythador If you just started I'd suggest rolling on another server; there were more players on Coruscant on Tomb of Freedon Nadd than I ever saw on the Republic Fleet on Frostclaw.
  • Elythador 6 May 2012 16:52:07 35 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ah, ok. Is there significantly more people on Tomb of Freedon Nadd?
    I'm lvl 3 now. I also prefer grouped PvE, wouldn't mind having a go at PvP but usually no good at it and get very frustrated

Edited by Elythador at 17:04:00 06-05-2012
  • RMXtreme 6 May 2012 18:59:25 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Red Eclipse (PvE) would be a better option then, not as populated as TOFN, but a lot more populated than Frosclaw if Torstatus is to be believed
  • Elythador 6 May 2012 21:04:54 35 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do people not play PvE on tomb of freeman nadds?
  • Elythador 6 May 2012 21:05:21 35 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • RMXtreme 6 May 2012 23:03:18 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Elythador wrote:
    Do people not play PvE on tomb of freeman nadds?
    Of course they do, but it is a PVP server, though the questing areas are quite separate so I don't think you'll be running into many players of the opposing faction.
  • xxblindmonkeyxx 6 May 2012 23:16:28 265 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi guys! Really want to trial this don't suppose anyone could send ne a trial? Thanks!
  • Elythador 7 May 2012 00:54:49 35 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Right. I'm a sith name 'emberil' servers tomb of giant hairy nads or whatever it is called.
  • RMXtreme 7 May 2012 01:52:39 3,145 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'll put a marker on you should I come across you in a warzone :)
  • Page

of 61 First / Last