Slow Cooker Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 11:18:16 11,370 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Who ever said anything about it being 'the only thing'?

My diet is highly varied, more than most I would wager. I use the slow cooker roughly once a week, for a curry/stew/casserole or just for some pulled pork/braised beef. It's damn good and a more convenient method than any other I'm aware of.

This is such a silly debate, really.
    My diet is more varied than yours.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deckard1 3 Apr 2013 11:22:37 28,761 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do you bath your face in a slow cooker at all?
  • Trane 3 Apr 2013 11:22:46 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trane wrote:

My diet is highly varied, more than most I would wager. I use the slow cooker roughly once a week, for a curry/stew/casserole or just for some pulled pork/braised beef. It's damn good and a more convenient method than any other I'm aware of.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Still stand by my point.

Out of interest, what's your rough macronutrient/calorie intake daily? How many meals do you have?
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 11:29:02 11,370 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trane wrote:

Out of interest, what's your rough macronutrient/calorie intake daily? How many meals do you have?
    I was joking btw.
    Completely no idea how many calories I eat.
    I eat 3 meals a day with everything cooked freshly with plenty of variety of vegetables, pulses, grains, fish and meat. I never eat processed food and junk food only a couple of times a year. I don't count calories nor desperately avoid fat, I think eating natural, unprocessed and varied food is far more important to your health than anything else.

• THFourteen 3 Apr 2013 11:29:41 33,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think that you only live once and eating tasty food is better than eating natural, unprocessed food.
  • elstoof 3 Apr 2013 11:30:43 7,763 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You were the one complaining about not having time to slow cook anything before or after work, I just assumed you ate slow cooked meat every day.
  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 11:31:15 60,517 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    /adds 'slow cooking' to the massive list of things that turns ecosse into an arsehole

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Trane 3 Apr 2013 11:31:42 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I was joking btw.
    I eat 3 meals a day with everything cooked freshly with plenty of variety of vegetables, pulses, grains, fish and meat. I never eat processed food and junk food only a couple of times a year. I don't count calories nor desperately avoid fat, I think eating natural, unprocessed and varied food is far more important to your health than anything else.
    Good man, totally agree.
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 11:31:55 11,370 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    You were the one complaining about not having time to slow cook anything before or after work, I just assumed you ate slow cooked meat every day.
    You're confusing me with someone else mate, I don't own a slow cooker and haven't really contributed to this thread.

• Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 11:33:23 11,370 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Have any of you ever tried Thermomix appliances, all my gf's family in Spain have one as well as Italian mates ad they seem pricey but ridiculously awesome.
    We're definitely considering one..

• elstoof 3 Apr 2013 11:35:15 7,763 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Your assuming that post was in response to you ecosse.
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 11:35:44 11,370 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I think that you only live once and eating tasty food is better than eating natural, unprocessed food.
    I think you're mixed up, Natural, unprocessed food is far tastier than processed food.

• Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 11:36:07 11,370 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Your assuming that post was in response to you ecosse.
    Yep, apologies if it wasn't.

• creepylizard 3 Apr 2013 11:36:20 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jesus fucking christ
  • Trane 3 Apr 2013 11:38:11 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    You're right, I don't have time to slow cook anything before or after work.

You're wrong in the assumption that I eat slow cooked meat every day. Even if I did, it's easy to do batches anyway - I only cook for myself so I can get a good 3-4 portions out each time.

Honestly, it is a great bit of kit, and I've only really scratched the surface of what you can do with it.
  • Trane 3 Apr 2013 11:41:08 4,056 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Be fat, YOLO right! (that's a throwaway comment, don't take it seriously)

Natural food can taste damn good too, we're not talking boiled rice and plain chicken breast here. The idea that good food doesn't taste good is just garbage.
  • Nexus_6 3 Apr 2013 11:56:11 3,890 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I use the slow cooker to make cheaper cuts of meat nicer. Also, as others have said, as a way of having something ready when I come in at night instead of making it there and then, and not leaving other appliances on.

Got some marked down mystery meat from Tesco the other day - 1.3k of beef for 1.99 gonna do it in the slow cooker in batches, veg heavy and eat for about 3 months off it...
  • THFourteen 3 Apr 2013 12:21:55 33,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    I think you're mixed up, Natural, unprocessed food is far tastier than processed food.
    Actually i agree with you on some stuff, especially meat. However it's not always true.

I went to the innocent smoothie festival a few years ago, and bought an organic fairtrade burger. Have to say the organic ketchup they put on there was the most horrible stuff i have ever tasted. I don't think anything beats heinz ketchup, e numbers and all.

I'm more in the camp that, whilst unprocessed natural food does taste good, a takeaway kebab and chips after a few pints, or a large pizza (nom nom nom) also tastes equally good, and i don't think its worth never having those things in your life.

lol @Trane, i don't eat like that every day!
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 12:24:30
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trane wrote:

I was joking btw.
    Why do you look like such a fucking slimeball then?
  • mrpon 3 Apr 2013 12:26:14 29,206 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• neilka 3 Apr 2013 12:34:27 16,271 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A good, reasonable personal attack.
  • Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 12:43:53 11,370 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Actually i agree with you on some stuff, especially meat. However it's not always true.

I went to the innocent smoothie festival a few years ago, and bought an organic fairtrade burger. Have to say the organic ketchup they put on there was the most horrible stuff i have ever tasted. I don't think anything beats heinz ketchup, e numbers and all.

I'm more in the camp that, whilst unprocessed natural food does taste good, a takeaway kebab and chips after a few pints, or a large pizza (nom nom nom) also tastes equally good, and i don't think its worth never having those things in your life.

Good Pizzas aren't processed, a top quality Pizza made with good quality ingredients is relatively healthy and shouldn't be classed the same as Pizza-Hut shite.
    Chips again shouldn't be processed and shouldn't be that unhealthy.

Donor Kebabs are of course, hugely processed and can be between vile and nice, like most things if you only have them occasionally it's hardly a big deal.

The point is that well cooked, good quality fresh food will always taste better than ready meals,McDonalds,Pizza hut and shit like that.

• Armoured_Bear 3 Apr 2013 12:44:33 11,370 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Trane wrote:

I was joking btw.
    Why do you look like such a fucking slimeball then?
    How do you know what I look like and what the fuck is your problem anyway?

• Tonka 3 Apr 2013 12:48:46 20,825 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd quite like a slowcooker TBH.

My wife has one but it's chinese and make all sorts of strange sounds and has a gazillion of lights so I don't dare to use it. Plus I think it's more of a pressure cooker.

I'm starting to suspect it's like having a kettle or a rice cooker. Before you buy it you think "Yeah, but I can do that already" then when you buy it you realize how much nicer it is to have the gadget.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 13:08:04
    THFourteen wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Ketchup is a processed food item, no matter what you put in it.

Them being shit at making ketchup has nothing to do with the organicness of the original food (tomato).
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next