It has happened...

  • Page

    of 3 First / Last

    Previous
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Oct 2008 08:41:48 24,983 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The last of the launch machines* has fallen to the Soviets! I awoke to find the three red quadrants (Edited for Tonka!) of pure evil. I'll experiment later but it looks like it's done for :(



    *May not be true
  • Retroid Moderator 15 Oct 2008 08:42:51 44,505 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    On the plus side, it means you get a better machine back! \o/
  • Tonka 15 Oct 2008 08:45:53 20,202 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They are not rings. They are quadrants.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • thefilthandthefury 15 Oct 2008 08:46:57 24,983 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quite right... both of you! It's not even a ring unless it's four quadrants anyway!
  • Retroid Moderator 15 Oct 2008 08:49:57 44,505 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THERE ARE FOUR (three) LIGHTS (quadrants)
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Oct 2008 08:52:46 24,983 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :D

    You just had to get that in didn't you?

    BTW what do I do now? When I send it back to MS do I include my Hard Drive? I don't trust them to transfer everything.
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Oct 2008 08:54:38 24,983 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FeZZ wrote:
    I've got a launch model that still works at home.
    Isn't the 3 year waranty expired by now ?

    No, I think it expires either this month or next.
  • Retroid Moderator 15 Oct 2008 08:54:47 44,505 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ^____^

    Console only, they ask you what colour the light is on the PSU and if it's working fine they just ask for the machine.
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Oct 2008 09:00:15 24,983 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    ^____^

    Console only, they ask you what colour the light is on the PSU and if it's working fine they just ask for the machine.

    Ah good! I had visions of sending the lot off, only to lose all my saved data.
  • Deleted user 15 October 2008 09:32:00
    how many falcon models have had RRoD?

    /cue psycotext.
  • andywilkie35 15 Oct 2008 09:35:58 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    shit thats terrible timing for it to RRoD. Mine did it the day Bioshock came out last year which was a kick in the nuts

    PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

  • BartonFink 15 Oct 2008 09:36:58 34,853 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    how many falcon models have had RRoD?

    /cue psycotext.
    12
  • Deleted user 15 October 2008 09:38:31
    Post deleted
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Oct 2008 09:41:55 24,983 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    shit thats terrible timing for it to RRoD. Mine did it the day Bioshock came out last year which was a kick in the nuts

    Urgh, tell me about it! Luckily I don't have internet access at home at the moment, so at least I was already missing out on Live.

    Can't believe it's happened. I thought mine was invincible!
  • Razz 15 Oct 2008 09:43:42 61,037 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My best mate has had RROD for a few weeks now but refuses to send it off as he can get it working by detatching the hard drive. o_O I've seen him do it too. He reataches it after the console starts.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • figgis 15 Oct 2008 09:46:41 7,376 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Every time I think about buying a 360 one of these threads pop up. Are there any figures on the newer models failure rates?
  • jonsaan 15 Oct 2008 09:47:05 25,342 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    My best mate has had RROD for a few weeks now but refuses to send it off as he can get it working by detatching the hard drive. o_O I've seen him do it too. He reataches it after the console starts.

    It'll slowly get worse.

    FCUTA!

  • Psychotext 15 Oct 2008 09:56:47 53,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    figgis wrote:
    Every time I think about buying a 360 one of these threads pop up. Are there any figures on the newer models failure rates?
    I recently updated the stats I do over at NeoGAF to mark 1 year of falcon models being available. Can find them here:

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13169433&postcount=8864

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13169510&postcount=8865
  • Deleted user 15 October 2008 09:59:51
    Fuck NeoGaf.

    filth, time for HDMI model. Woohoo!

    ...


    and that *ahem*
  • Deleted user 15 October 2008 10:02:40
    nooooo. wait for the new update machines as they could be jaspers. \o/
  • Psychotext 15 Oct 2008 10:07:55 53,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    N@ wrote:
    Fuck NeoGaf.
    Fuck me too?

    :'(
  • Retroid Moderator 15 Oct 2008 10:09:40 44,505 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    figgis wrote:
    Every time I think about buying a 360 one of these threads pop up. Are there any figures on the newer models failure rates?
    I recently updated the stats I do over at NeoGAF to mark 1 year of falcon models being available. Can find them here:

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13169433&postcount=8864

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13169510&postcount=8865
    Quite annoying as people still persist in 'RRoDlol' as if it's a problem with the machines in the shops right now and MS haven't done anything about it.

    Mate of mine (just gone off to Japan, so doesn't really matter for the time being) sited the RRoD and "if they fix it I'll consider it" but just didn't seem to believe me when I said they had because, frankly, they couldn't allow it to go on once they'd figured out exactly what it was and how to fix it, could they?
  • PES_Fanboy 15 Oct 2008 10:10:57 14,770 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My bruv has got a launch console, and his is housed in a really small shelf in his always-hot bedroom, and he has it on most of the time.

    And it's still working. My scarcely-used, well ventilated and looked after launch 'box died in six months.
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Oct 2008 10:12:25 24,983 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    N@ wrote:
    Fuck NeoGaf.

    filth, time for HDMI model. Woohoo!

    ...


    and that *ahem*

    I was wanting an HDMI model to be honest, so this isn't really the end of the world. Will they send me an HDMI model back, or just fix mine up?

    Also I don't want to leave it too long, hoping for a 'Jasper'. It might run out of warranty!
  • Deleted user 15 October 2008 10:13:21
    Psychotext wrote:
    N@ wrote:
    Fuck NeoGaf.
    Fuck me too?

    :'(


    :o

    I not say that!
  • Razz 15 Oct 2008 10:13:51 61,037 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What you did say?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Deleted user 15 October 2008 10:15:03
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    N@ wrote:
    Fuck NeoGaf.

    filth, time for HDMI model. Woohoo!

    ...


    and that *ahem*

    I was wanting an HDMI model to be honest, so this isn't really the end of the world. Will they send me an HDMI model back, or just fix mine up?

    Also I don't want to leave it too long, hoping for a 'Jasper'. It might run out of warranty!

    Um, well some peeps who have sent back their non HDMI models have said they have just had their old machines back fixed and not an HDMI model.
  • thefilthandthefury 15 Oct 2008 10:16:34 24,983 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah that's a bit shit, I was hoping they'd give me a new one :D
  • Psychotext 15 Oct 2008 10:18:27 53,933 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You wont get a HDMI model back. You'll get an Opus revision... which is a falcon model minus the HDMI.
  • Page

    of 3 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply