Star Trek Page 151

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• simpleexplodingmaybe 6 Nov 2017 18:47:02 4,717 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    @simpleexplodingmaybe

Don't forget Picard preventing Wesley's execution. Violating the prime directive was the least regrettable aspect of that.
    Wasn't that for running on the grass or something too?
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 6 Nov 2017 18:53:54 4,717 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    uberbeard wrote:
    @simpleexplodingmaybe Perhaps, but this show has made such a big deal about Burnam being a mutineer I figured there'd be at least character development from this.

And to those of you confused about the Klingon bits:
    Lady Klingon killed the Admiral when she realised she'd be seen trying to escape and tried to bluff it. It was so awful, they were clearly casually chatting when they got seen. She must think the other Klingons are monumentally dumb.
    I was thinking the admiral was stunned and dumped to be recovered later. Especially when we got a lingering shot of her among the bodies of Lady Klingon's house. Especially when they dragged Lady K away for punishment at the end. Thinking they team up to sabotage the flagship in the final battle.
    Probably dying as they do so.
  • reviewer 6 Nov 2017 18:59:52 4,744 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The mutineer bit seems to have completely forgotten about already. It's completely irrelevant to anything that happens beyond her being junior to others.
  • Dirtbox 6 Nov 2017 19:55:26 89,298 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Forgotten about aside from being bought up in every episode to date.
  • DrStrangelove 6 Nov 2017 20:08:42 11,191 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    @simpleexplodingmaybe

Don't forget Picard preventing Wesley's execution. Violating the prime directive was the least regrettable aspect of that.
    He crashed into a small greenhouse while playing ball
  • El_MUERkO 6 Nov 2017 20:26:41 18,259 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I expect Admiral will awake and save the Klingon then they'll escape.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 6 Nov 2017 20:36:10 6,797 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah I got the impression that the fight was just for the benefit of the guards and everything is going to be tickety boo in the end.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 6 Nov 2017 21:37:16 4,717 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    @simpleexplodingmaybe

He crashed into a small greenhouse while playing ball
    What a bastard
  • Dizzy 6 Nov 2017 22:25:03 3,489 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Those energy beings really reminded me of the Companion from TOS "Metamorphosis".
  • sirtacos 7 Nov 2017 08:03:19 8,009 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Racist.
  • drhickman1983 7 Nov 2017 08:12:59 4,988 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Burnham being a mutineer stuff feels largely irrelevant, but it is mentioned nearly every episode.

I'm still largely in favour of the Klingons, but I can see why people wouldn't be.

Good episode, I thought.
  • Sharz 7 Nov 2017 08:32:49 1,700 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That was a proper star trek episode. Showed the girlfriend last night and explained the prime directive and subsequently debated when interfering with alien cultures is acceptable.

This is why I like Sci fi.
  • GloatingSwine 7 Nov 2017 09:45:29 3,604 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GoodForm wrote:
    The problem with the Klingons? They all look and sound the same to me.

Is the scarred torture lady the same as the one making googley eyes at the albino Klingon? Whitey's still alive, isn't he? Plotting revenge on a derelict Federation spaceship wreck?

I could be getting all of this wrong, because as I said at the start, they all look and sound the same to me.
    Yes.

She was also the "captain" of the prison ship that conveniently allowed Lorca and Ash to escape.

Which means she definitely had't been there six months using Ash as her human fleshstick as he claims because she'd only had at most three weeks since being rescued.

Her attempt to "defect" is maybe not genuine either but a way to insert herself as another spy in the Federation.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Nov 2017 10:54:20 4,717 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    She could have had months, I get the feeling that the episodes are showing incidents weeks or even months apart and its just that the show is failing to capture the scale and length of the war since we barely see any other Federation involvement.
  • Razz 7 Nov 2017 11:17:59 63,318 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Real spoiler concerning fate of Admiral below

the actress accidently let it slip in after trek that's she's alive
  • uberbeard 7 Nov 2017 11:35:35 1,469 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Razz Fuck me. This show truly is bollocks. I think I'm hate watching it now.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Nov 2017 11:42:52 4,717 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After shows are the fucking worst. The Stranger Things 2 one at least had the decency to hide away until the season ended, this Trek one autoplaying at the end of each episode is a pain in the arse. My control pad can't wake up quickly enough to press back and avoid it starting.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Nov 2017 12:04:09 6,797 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The rule for any TV show like this is, if it's a bit unclear whether or not someone is dead, they're probably not.

Spoilered as it relates to Razz's post.
  • nickthegun 7 Nov 2017 12:10:47 71,922 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Speaking of rules of television, she's fallen for Lt. Clem Fandango early doors which means he's going to break her heart within the next few episodes.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 7 Nov 2017 12:36:22 4,717 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lorca broken man taking extreme liberties = noble redeeming death?
  • gammonbanter 7 Nov 2017 18:36:48 1,637 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was cool when Lorca gave the order and the crew followed in unison with "Aye Captain"! It really felt like the bridge crew are a unit and actual battle hardened sailors! I loved the planet side stuff this week, but yeah some odd direction on top of that - Stamens part really felt shoehorned in!
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 7 Nov 2017 21:25:36 1,251 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So when are we gonna get a Lorca episode? I get that they're doing something new but it'd be nice to have an episode not following walking dead bird for once

Edited by CrispyXUKTurbo at 21:25:58 07-11-2017
  • Razz 7 Nov 2017 22:09:06 63,318 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    "Walking dead bird" is star of show

Edited by Razz at 22:21:12 07-11-2017
  • DrStrangelove 7 Nov 2017 22:18:17 11,191 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Michael is often not the centre of an episode, and I'm pretty sure we've had one or two episodes where she hardly appeared
  • RGeefe 7 Nov 2017 23:10:55 95 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Michael is my most disliked character and I have no idea why she's the lead. Saru or Lorca or even ginger bird are better. Clem Fandango is shady as bollocks though so he can't be lead.

After Death of Stalin, I demand Isaacs do Lorca as a Yorkshire man from now on.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 8 Nov 2017 00:12:51 4,717 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I thought Ginger would be more involved after her introduction as roommate and potential Wesley level problem solving
  • DrStrangelove 8 Nov 2017 04:16:51 11,191 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also the people on the bridge, I have no clue who most of them are. They've been pure background actors so far, and it's kinda irritating.
  • Phattso 8 Nov 2017 08:13:18 21,987 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wasn’t that the whole point? To focus on peripheral roles in the ship rather than just another bridge crew? That last episode seemed to be bringing them in more, and I’m sure we will see more in eps to come.

In this one the bridge peeps are the Ensign Barclays of the show. You know they’re there, but mostly irrelevant to the plot lines. :)

I kinda like that about it.
  • nickthegun 8 Nov 2017 10:06:48 71,922 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I want to see an episode set on sarus planet. He can run faster than a train and lift a Clem Fandango sized human up by the throat with one hand, so I would love to see what forced his kind to be considered a prey species.
  • Page

of 154 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.