Breaking Bad Page 94

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• mattk84 13 Mar 2014 20:13:27 536 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Baihu1983 Jesses decisions prior to getting in to bed with WW were his alone. All the bad that happened to him was as a direct result of WW's manipulation. I'm glad he lived but at what cost?

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Baihu1983 13 Mar 2014 21:44:27 3,530 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @mattk84 wasn't Walter who got Jane to start taking drugs again nor for her and Jesse to start doing heroin. Of course he did let her die but Jesse finds that out very late.

He only asked Jesse to kill Gal because he was about to be killed by Mike.

And for all the crap Walt did he also helped him a lot with the rehab, refusing to work for Gus if he killed him and other things.
    It was very much a odd father/son type relationship at times.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Mar 2014 22:25:06 15,054 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Baihu1983

Jessie is awesome...obligatory Bitch ;-)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Madder-Max 13 Mar 2014 23:12:55 11,660 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fun fact. Walters car is a 2004 Pontiac Aztek. It has a reputation for being an under performing suv/minivan crossover

99 problems and being ginger is one

• mattk84 14 Mar 2014 00:14:38 536 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Baihu1983 Maybe that's the enigma of their relationship - that you can list good and bad in equal measures.

Awesome show that I took a while to warm to but I'm so glad I did. So many characters with so much depth yet with so little back story. I'm no good with names but the young guy who works with Walt when Jessie wants out is amazing. On the surface butter wouldn't melt but lightly scratch the surface and oh boy!

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Mola_Ram 14 Mar 2014 00:36:08 7,770 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That would be Todd.
  • Baihu1983 14 Mar 2014 08:57:00 3,530 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I didn't hate him I just didn't feel sorry for him like the writers desperately tried to make me with the use of kids.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Mar 2014 12:42:22 7,770 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The difference is that Jesse is (a lot of the time) trying to be a good person. And all he really gets for that is more horror, more suffering, mostly (but not always) because of Walt.

Whereas Walt doesn't give a shit, and he can easily manipulate someone as weak-willed as Jesse.

You can feel sorry for him, even though some of what he goes through its his own fault.
  • Dairyfree 14 Mar 2014 12:43:49 1,432 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I couldn't stand Jesse towards the end the traitor.

Team Walt!!!
  • Mola_Ram 14 Mar 2014 12:47:24 7,770 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, Walt did kind of poison Jesse's kid.

(well, not his, but close enough)

You can understand why he might be a little pissed off.
  • PenguinJim 14 Mar 2014 12:51:00 5,922 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I keep thinking how the conclusion might have been different if not for that bald dad nearby when Walter was on the bench towards the end.

Oh! I've finished it! I can finally come into this thread!

What a lovely show.
  • djronz. 7 Apr 2014 16:49:49 283 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finish the series on friday, found i was putting the last 3 episodes off as i didnt want it to end! Excellent stuff from beginning to end, as addictive as the subject matter (i assume).
  • El_MUERkO 14 Apr 2014 21:06:43 17,082 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
  • CharlieStCloud 15 Apr 2014 14:28:02 5,315 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you don't go to the prom with Stefan, then maybe your best course of action would be to tread lightly.

: )

... Bryan Cranston is a nice man after all!
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Apr 2014 06:39:02 15,054 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    If you don't go to the prom with Stefan, then maybe your best course of action would be to tread lightly.

: )

... Bryan Cranston is a nice man after all!
    Nice
    I could not have more love for the man. One of the greatest ever TV dads with Hal (so many special moments/scenes with him and the family) and then WW. Comes across as a great chap

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• bad09 16 Apr 2014 07:17:03 6,066 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So many people have said Cranston is genuinely a really nice bloke and not like a big star at all. When you read about him doing things like that it's easy to believe.
  • Physically_Insane 16 Apr 2014 08:03:35 9,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Him and Aaron Paul are both really nice dudes.
  • bad09 16 Apr 2014 15:36:52 6,066 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah Aaron Paul is really cool to, he goes down to the tours when he is home to say hello. It was linked here before but check out how friendly he is to people staring and taking pictures of his home.

Classy star....who sadly still said yes to a Need For Speed film :redface:
  • glaeken 16 Apr 2014 15:43:03 11,228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If someone offered me a lot of money to be in a Need for Speed film I would say yes. That's of course unlikely to happen. I find myself not being too judgemental though when people do fairly harmless things when offered a lot of money.
  • chopsen 16 Apr 2014 15:43:50 16,127 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, tbh his body language and tone suggest "ffs, this is really starting to piss me off. I wish people will stop doing this...." I mean really, do you think he gives a shit how their holiday is going?
  • Physically_Insane 16 Apr 2014 15:50:37 9,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Yeah, tbh his body language and tone suggest "ffs, this is really starting to piss me off. I wish people will stop doing this...." I mean really, do you think he gives a shit how their holiday is going?
    It doesn't hurt to be nice. Even if he didn't really care I'm glad he was polite enough to ask. At least Aaron knows how privileged his life is and isn't afraid to meet fans.

What would you rather have him do? Just ignore them because they are beneath him?

Edited by Physically_Insane at 15:52:00 16-04-2014
  • chopsen 16 Apr 2014 15:57:19 16,127 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not at all. I kind of feel sorry for him in that situation. I hate it when people seem to think they have some claim on celebrities and think they have a relationship with them just because they've seen them on telly. It was more of a dig at the tourists as much as anything.
  • bad09 16 Apr 2014 16:42:40 6,066 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    I think that's the way he is TBH, the mrs was watching Graham Norton and he was on there and he was very stiff and monotone almost as if he didn't want to be there. I think it's just he is a star that's a little uncomfortable with being a star at the moment as he adjusts to it. It must have been a culture shock for him, even with BB nobody really knew who he was until the 3rd series when people really started noticing the show.

Either way, as Physically_Insane says, even if he was thinking that at least he was nice enough to pretend he was alright with it.

Edited by bad09 at 16:42:51 16-04-2014
  • Great-Googly-Moogly 18 Apr 2014 12:26:50 987 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Just finished the whole thing. Glorious.

I think it was the third episode from the end was so relentlessly dark, where walt completely loses it was some of the hardest tv i have had to watch. Sometimes it was borderline over the top and the horror refrences were almost funny, but man it worked. It completely turned his character around for me.

For 5 and half a seasons you let him get away with it, because it was tv, and he was likeable. That episodes though made you feel in on it. Made me feel bad for liking him at all. What a complete cunt!. That journey though!

Edited by Great_Googly_Moogly at 12:33:40 18-04-2014

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• TarickStonefire 18 Apr 2014 12:28:21 3,254 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Great_Googly_Moogly wrote:

I think it was the third episode from the end was so relentlessly dark, where walt completely loses it was some of the hardest tv i have had to watch. Sometimes it was borderline over the top and the horror refrences were almost funny, but man it worked. It completely turned his character around for me.
    I turned off in the penultimate episode where they made jesse watch as they killed his girlfriend. Fuck that. Too grim for me. Didn't bother watching the last ep after that. I'm a bit sensitive, I guess.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 12:28:43 18-04-2014

Edited by TarickStonefire at 12:29:18 18-04-2014

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Great-Googly-Moogly 18 Apr 2014 12:39:34 987 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:

I turned off in the penultimate episode where they made jesse watch as they killed his girlfriend. Fuck that. Too grim for me. Didn't bother watching the last ep after that. I'm a bit sensitive, I guess.

I've just read this further back in the thread :) That didn't effect me as much as walt actions - I think it was because i knew they were bad people and in a way brock mum was always going to be used in some way.

Walt actions though, in the episode before left me reeling. As i said above, i felt in on it for five seasons and giving him leeway - but when it is spelt out to you what he has done, you can't shy away from that, and combine that with what happened in the episode. Heavy stuff! But great script writing, to turn around my views on one characters, so completely impressive stuff.

You should watch the last episode, there is a little bit of hope in there!

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• spindle9988 18 Apr 2014 12:42:22 3,629 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:

I still find it strange that out of the whole series, you found that part the most difficult to watch
  • PazJohnMitch 18 Apr 2014 12:52:16 8,413 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I find it weird that he watched that far into the series and could not bring himself to the end. The lack of closure would haunt me.
  • mattk84 18 Apr 2014 14:55:27 536 posts
    Seen 4 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Personally I loved that scene! The psycho henchman and Pinkman the helpless victim. Aaron Paul moved up a few rungs in my estimation in that scene.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• ubergine 7 May 2014 18:29:28 2,561 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've been watching this over the past weeks or months. I'm rarely a "marathon" watcher but tonight started season six and watched it all in a row, now it's 3am.

I found it hard to watch a lot of the time because the main body of the show is based on Walter and Jesse making the worst decision in any given situation, over and over. Took me a while to be want to watch the next episode after Walt watched heroin girl die.

Another hard part was the secondary characters were better people - Gus and Mike were awesome, and deserved to win more than Walt. Walt's a fucking asshole!

Was sad to see Hank go too, that actor was brilliant. I don't think there was a weak link in the acting anywhere in this whole series, everyone ranged from competent to amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Page

of 95 First / Last