Breaking Bad Page 92

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• TarickStonefire 12 Dec 2013 12:55:51 3,091 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Fucking hell, I'd been really loving this show, right up until they killed that girl in the penultimate episode. I just couldn't take it, I turned it off and had to leave the room. I don't think I can go back now, if that's where they're going with it. There's absolutely nothing left to hope for, I don't even care if Walt kills the lot of them and Jesse gets away. I'm physically shaking it was so horrible. Jesus I must sound like such a pussy. :(
    It was the penultimate episode. You might as well watch the last one as well now.
    I couldn't do it. Went online and read what happened and to be honest I'm glad I stopped when I did, the ending sounds terribly predictable and not that satisfying so it wouldn't have made me feel any better.

I still can't get the image of her being shot and Jesse's reaction out of my head and I know it's just acting, but it's testament to how good those actors are. I still feel depressed this morning about it. Horrible images.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 12:56:32 12-12-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• midnight_walker 12 Dec 2013 15:10:12 1,974 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You must be joking. Are you an 8 year old girl?
  • Zizoo 12 Dec 2013 15:17:25 8,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wut
  • Benno 12 Dec 2013 15:19:50 9,884 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hes just a very sensitive soul.
  • kinky_mong 12 Dec 2013 15:23:37 10,270 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Literally mental.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• midnight_walker 12 Dec 2013 15:30:13 1,974 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I refuse to believe anyone can sit through people getting fucking melted, a tortoise with a head on it, Gus slitting his man's throat with a penknife just to teach the lads a lesson, Walt standing over Jesse's piece as she chokes to death, Walt poisoning a child, Walt using a wheelchair bound man to blow off half of Gus' face, Todd shooting a child - and that's just off the top of my head - and then give up and get the shakes because of what happens in the penultimate episode.
  • Punctum 12 Dec 2013 15:30:55 935 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @TarickStonefire
    What were you hoping for?
  • Deleted user 12 December 2013 15:40:44
    It was pretty grim to be honest, but in terms of feeling for Jessie. Right up there with Box cutter or Jane choking on her own bile. Just when you think you've seen Jessie at his lowest, they take away the last bit hope that he might have after it's all over.
  • Salaman 12 Dec 2013 15:53:54 19,037 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The last episode wouldn't make you feel better about Jesse or Brock's mother getting snuffed. But it's worth watching over reading a bloody synopsis. You can read up about what happened but it's not on par with a viewing of the episode.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Dec 2013 23:06:43 7,382 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    She was one of the most innocent, blameless people on the show, which made her death worse than most of the others. Doubly so for what it did to Jesse.
  • Salaman 12 Dec 2013 23:18:12 19,037 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    midnight_walker wrote:
    I refuse to believe anyone can sit through people getting fucking melted, a tortoise with a head on it, Gus slitting his man's throat with a penknife just to teach the lads a lesson, Walt standing over Jesse's piece as she chokes to death, Walt poisoning a child, Walt using a wheelchair bound man to blow off half of Gus' face, Todd shooting a child - and that's just off the top of my head - and then give up and get the shakes because of what happens in the penultimate episode.
    Maybe it was cumulative for him?
  • Iain815 13 Dec 2013 00:28:51 412 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You big fanny.
  • Zizoo 13 Dec 2013 13:12:49 8,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still a bit dumbfounded by this. Maybe you are just more sensitive, or maybe we're all psychopaths, but there has been worse in BB and other popular shows.
  • jimnastics 13 Dec 2013 13:19:32 275 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Fucking hell, I'd been really loving this show, right up until they killed that girl in the penultimate episode. I just couldn't take it, I turned it off and had to leave the room. I don't think I can go back now, if that's where they're going with it. There's absolutely nothing left to hope for, I don't even care if Walt kills the lot of them and Jesse gets away. I'm physically shaking it was so horrible. Jesus I must sound like such a pussy. :(
    It was the penultimate episode. You might as well watch the last one as well now.
    I couldn't do it. Went online and read what happened and to be honest I'm glad I stopped when I did, the ending sounds terribly predictable and not that satisfying so it wouldn't have made me feel any better.

I still can't get the image of her being shot and Jesse's reaction out of my head and I know it's just acting, but it's testament to how good those actors are. I still feel depressed this morning about it. Horrible images.
    For the love of god please never watch Bambi, or Eurogamer will be in the news for all the wrong reasons.
  • Zizoo 13 Dec 2013 13:23:47 8,373 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He hasn't been online in a day. I fear it was all too much for him :(
  • imamazed 16 Dec 2013 13:59:18 5,575 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Had quite the debate in the pub last night about Breaking Bad.

Most of my friends seem to rate it as the greatest TV show ever whereas I disagreed. It's definitely up there, and it's certainly arguable, yet I feel they're rating it so highly due to it being quite recent and it being the show finale. Thoughts?

I'd put The Wire and Twin Peaks above it; BB is fighting for third with The Sopranos.
    Oh it's up there. The way the whole series develops is masterly and Cranston elevates the whole thing. Just blitzed the whole show in the last month or so. Been avoiding this thread until I finished! Ending was good. I hope the spin-off has some flash-forwards to Saul's new life.

For me though, it's behind Mad Men which has consistently brilliant writing and intrigue.

One thing I always wondered about (and probably missed something really obvious) though - How did Walt get rid of Crazy 8's body in Season 1. I kept thinking they would explain it at some point, then suddenly realised the show was over! As I say, I'm sure I missed something obvious. Would seem a little odd for the audience to assume how it was done though, given how much drama came from disposing of the other body

Edited by imamazed at 14:00:05 16-12-2013
  • midnight_walker 16 Dec 2013 14:04:26 1,974 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @imamazed It's been a while since I saw season 1, but wasn't he melted in the same way as his companion?
  • imamazed 16 Dec 2013 14:15:14 5,575 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @midnight_walker If he was, I certainly missed it. It's certainly what I assumed (albeit correctly done this time) but AFAIK it wasn't even alluded to.
  • Scurrminator 16 Dec 2013 15:20:39 8,411 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jesse implies that they melted him.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• imamazed 16 Dec 2013 15:22:08 5,575 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Must've missed a line somewhere.
  • Whizzo 16 Dec 2013 15:37:19 43,117 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Netflix UK will be showing "Better Call Saul" the same way they did the last season of Breaking Bad so that's nice.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Tomo 24 Dec 2013 12:18:32 13,910 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just finished this last night. Incredible. I think it's probably the best show ever made. It's between this and The Wire at least. As an experience, Breaking Bad is more entertaining than The Wire, but the latter is like modern day Shakespeare or something.

I can see why TarickStoneFire was so distraught by the killing of Brock's mum, but reading the synopsis of the last episode is just insane. So much time invested and wasted. Anyway, that was the most shocking moment for me - a real sucker-punch. As someone outlined, most of the other characters who died were cunts so they had it coming. Whereas the efficient, ruthless, cold-hearted way she was dispatched was heart-breaking.

It said a lot about me as a viewer though, that this specific moment made me more repulsed than any other. My brain must be accustomed to some seriously fucked up shit for me to be so emotionally passive for so long. That said, Hank's death evoked a response that wasn't far off and Walt kidnapping Holly and leaving her crying in the fire truck was pretty excruciating.

My overriding thought in the final series was that I couldn't believe America commissioned something so bleak. The writers were extremely clever establishing the show with Walt's compassionate motive before turning everything to shit.
  • Baihu1983 28 Dec 2013 08:55:18 3,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got the box set so now I can get stuck into this.

6 episodes in and its all good so far.
  • Physically_Insane 28 Dec 2013 10:06:21 8,839 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wish I could erase my memory and watch this all over again.
  • muttler 28 Dec 2013 10:43:13 4,025 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Had quite the debate in the pub last night about Breaking Bad.

Most of my friends seem to rate it as the greatest TV show ever whereas I disagreed. It's definitely up there, and it's certainly arguable, yet I feel they're rating it so highly due to it being quite recent and it being the show finale. Thoughts?

I'd put The Wire and Twin Peaks above it; BB is fighting for third with The Sopranos.
    I agree with you.  Every single episode of the first season was distilled genius comedy and had the whole show continued in that standard or even close to it, then BB would easily be the greatest tv show of all time.  As it is though, the following seasons vary widely in quality, so there are a few tv shows I'd place above BB, The Sopranos definitely being one.
  • Baihu1983 28 Dec 2013 17:41:59 3,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My dads up to season 3 and while enjoying it he has moaned its coming a bit predictable.
  • Roddles 28 Dec 2013 17:58:01 1,881 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I do think that the series wouldn't be as revered or even saved from cancellation if it weren't for Gus Fring in series 3.
  • localnotail 29 Dec 2013 22:04:55 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's the show that keeps on giving.

White Family Photo Album

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Baihu1983 1 Jan 2014 11:49:02 3,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nearly finished season 2. My god Skyler is a bitch.
  • El_MUERkO 1 Jan 2014 12:07:01 17,020 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is she? I thought that as well around season two.
  • Page

of 95 First / Last