of 96 First / Last

• FuzzyDuck 30 Sep 2013 14:34:36 4,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tjread fix!
  • Iain815 30 Sep 2013 15:06:27 441 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For a show that was consistently getting more dark, it was surprising that it had a 'happy' ending.

Seems the only main gripe people are having is that it wrapped everything up too neatly. Now how often can you say that about a finale?

The last 2 episodes were like an epilogue, I wish they had actually aired them back to back.
  • DiamondIce 30 Sep 2013 15:24:33 1,185 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was bored out of my head one day and clicked Breaking Bad on Netflix. I'd heard of it but it didn't appeal to me as I am not usually interested in drugs-related things.

The premise of a normal working man in his 50's using his incredible intelligence to make drugs and the chain reaction of events that followed is what made Breaking Bad so great.

It has ruined TV for me and nothing can seemingly match up to it.

And call me what you want but I liked Walt. The last two episodes showed what he really was: a weak, ill and dying man.

Edited by DiamondIce at 15:24:57 30-09-2013

Edited by DiamondIce at 15:25:13 30-09-2013

FLOPS! RAM!

• Deleted user 30 September 2013 15:25:56
    Was anyone else expecting him to look more skeletal when he had to lift up his shirt to show he wasn't wearing a wire?
  • Scurrminator 30 Sep 2013 15:26:21 8,465 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I figured Walt didn't take the money when jack offered as the DEA would want to find it. By giving only a small amount to his son and letting the rest go he was trying to tie up all the loose ends the investigation would have.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• gingerninja2112 30 Sep 2013 15:43:38 36 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    such an amazing series and last episode as well, not a bad episode
  • Darren 30 Sep 2013 15:46:56 9,076 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    I figured Walt didn't take the money when jack offered as the DEA would want to find it. By giving only a small amount to his son and letting the rest go he was trying to tie up all the loose ends the investigation would have.
    Very good point. I agree with that.

As for whether Walt wanted to kill Jesse at the end? I think he did up until he found out he'd been a prisoner and then it changed. The fact that Walt gave Jesse the opportunity to get his revenge by shooting him when he knew he was dying from a gunshot wound already was the moment that completely redeemed him in my eye. That Jesse didn't take the shot also made me glad that he hadn't been executed. Both characters went through dark periods but Jesse was very much a victim who was exploited and manipulated by Walt. Walt's fate was sad but he really got what he deserved in the end. The scene were he finally confessed to Skylar that he did what he did because he enjoyed it and was good at it was a pivotal moment in his redemption arc because I fully expected him to say it was for his family again.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Dirtbox 30 Sep 2013 15:51:13 79,176 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sajasanman wrote:
    What I was wondering. Was Walt intending to actually kill Jesse right up to the last minute before he's seen how they were treating him?
    No. He'd put aside the criminal kingpin bluster and had realised what a monster he'd become at the end of the previous episode, his entire reason for meeting Todd and Lydia in the cafe and meeting with the nazis was to save Jesse and he'd only planned it after seeing that blue meth was back on the streets.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• TheSaint 30 Sep 2013 15:54:32 14,826 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah Walt knew that Jessie was done and the only way they could be getting him to cook was by forcing him.

Did Todd's demise remind anyone else of Jabba The Hutt?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 30 Sep 2013 16:04:41 2,302 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm confused that some people's disappointment stems from the show wrapping everything up and tying up all the loose ends. The way I saw it, it wasn't the show doing it just to wrap everything up in a neat little package, it was Walt. He knew that one way or the other he wasn't going to be around too much longer, so he was running round getting his affairs in order and tying up all the loose ends of the whole sorry mess so that he could die happy, knowing that the people he cared about were going to be taken care of, and the people he didn't were, well, going to be taken care of.

I found it significant that he was back in his early beige outfit and checked shirt. It felt to me like he was trying to go out as Walter White, and not as Heisenberg. Although for all I know he's been in his beige outfit all season and I've made something of nothing, but it stood out to me when I was watching.

What was the significance of him leaving his watch behind?
  • Articulate-Troll 30 Sep 2013 16:16:00 3,101 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RIP to what was probably the best TV show I've ever seen, and what a fitting ending it was. It managed to tie up all the loose ends in a fairly plausible way, and all of Walt's actions made perfect sense. It was like the final piece of a jigsaw puzzle.

If it's one minor criticism I would make it's that the final confrontation with the Nazis could have been more tense. I was expecting something a bit more clever than a machine gun rigged in his boot and I was hoping for something to rival the wheelchair bomb from season 4. The scene could have been longer too, but having to wrap up all the plot threads probably meant they had to make the scene shorter.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2013 16:18:04
    midnight_walker wrote:
    It was the watch they gave him as a gift when he left Gray Matter.

EDIT: Or not!

Edited by meme at 16:51:38 30-09-2013
  • Dirtbox 30 Sep 2013 16:26:57 79,176 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    midnight_walker wrote:
    Good question that. Jesse gave him the watch for his 51st birthday when they started earning serious money.

Apparently they forgot the watch when shooting a flash forward scene in the diner prior to the episode so it was only done to mask a continuity error.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/breaking-bad-finale-facts-learned-on-talking-bad.html

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• FuzzyDuck 30 Sep 2013 16:30:41 4,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    midnight_walker wrote:
    Pretty sure he wasn't wearing it in the flash forward at the start of 5b, so they made a point of showing him remove it.

Edit - I should probably refresh the thread before posting when I come back in from the oven.

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 16:31:44 30-09-2013
  • Deleted user 30 September 2013 16:47:11
  • Deleted user 30 September 2013 16:55:12
    Still wished the end cut to Huell sitting in the DEA room with a long beard.

And Walt finally built a robot in a sense.
  • RobAnybody 30 Sep 2013 17:02:10 945 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    cozeny - that animated GIF is excellent. :D
  • SFD 30 Sep 2013 17:29:54 512 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Loved it. A fitting end to one of the best shows ever.
  • Kostabi 30 Sep 2013 17:54:49 5,087 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know it's cold but I really hoped Junior would cop a bullet to the face at some point.
  • Megapocalypse 30 Sep 2013 18:13:03 5,512 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Loved it. Don't know what to do now.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2013 18:13:09
    Post deleted
  • FuzzyDuck 30 Sep 2013 18:14:45 4,886 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    I know it's cold but I really hoped Junior would cop a bullet to the face at some point.
    He should've had one for breakfast.
  • Bedders Content Editor, Gamer Network 30 Sep 2013 18:16:22 141 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That scene with Skyler was so tremendously important just because although he was far beyond redemption by that point, it gave just a glimmer of a hope that it might have been possible. I've felt that Walt's character development has suffered in the last few seasons for a really hard lack of internal conflict and self-reflection. It made that scene very poignant and sad.

Goes without saying that none of that really takes anything away from the whole thing. Absolutely, astonishingly great stuff from start to finish. Sad it's all over.

(Also, yes I agree that spoiler tags are probably unnecessary now but I'd hate to ruin anything for anyone, even if they probably should have known better.)

Edited by Bedders at 18:17:19 30-09-2013
  • customfirmware 30 Sep 2013 18:46:52 822 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Reckon we will see a lot more of Aaron paul(Jessie) in more movies. Best actor throughout the entire series.
  • RobAnybody 30 Sep 2013 19:09:29 945 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Megapocalypse wrote:
    Loved it. Don't know what to do now.
    Watch it all again from the pilot episode - you won't regret it. :D

Edited by RobAnybody at 19:10:37 30-09-2013
  • twelveways 30 Sep 2013 19:14:37 4,191 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think it is the kind of show that holds up well to repeated viewings, a lot of the fun of the show is wondering how they are going to get out of the scrapes they get into.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2013 19:58:13
    An extremely predictable, but no less fucking awesome ending. Loved it. Absolutely fucking loved it. Wonder how many people are still derping about him doing it for his family when he literally spelt it out.
  • stryker1121 30 Sep 2013 20:02:29 765 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Have heard the 'happy ending' criticism a few times...I don't get it. The finale was a farewell tour by a doomed man. That final shot of Jesse, cut off mid-scream, made me wonder if he has it worse than Walt.
  • askew 30 Sep 2013 20:03:05 12,713 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    YES YES YES

The perfect ending.

Fist-pumped so hard when the boot popped open.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2013 20:09:25
    And now to do my absolute best to avoid anything and everything to do with the fucking awful Saul spinoff idea. One of the best shows I've ever had the fortune to experience and they want to Joey up the memory with 'on another episode of Saul and his crazy adventures!'. Fucking stupid idea.
  • Page

of 96 First / Last