Breaking Bad Page 76

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• Darren 23 Sep 2013 14:40:00 8,783 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I actually thought Todd's uncle was going to kill him when Jesse said that Todd had killed a kid on the recording!

It was a great episode and very much the calm before the storm that is next week's final episode. It was still gripping stuff despite the slower pace and unlike a certain Dexter, Breaking Bad has always focused on the key characters and didn't just blindly introduce secondary ones just to fill the running time (as if you couldn't guess I found the Dexter finale to be deeply underwhelming/rubbish [delete as applicable]).

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Mola_Ram 23 Sep 2013 15:26:28 7,239 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The difference is, I care about what happens on Breaking Bad. I don't care about what happens on Dexter, partially because I know there will always be some bullshit reason why he gets away with it yet again. And partially because Dexter secondary characters rarely do anything interesting.

"Batista opens a restaurant" What
  • Iain815 23 Sep 2013 15:27:37 410 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like how we basically seen the fall of Heisenberg and his rebirth in a single episode.

How shit was the Emmys? Bad enough Cranston was robbed, then best writing went to fucking Homeland.
  • Mola_Ram 23 Sep 2013 15:32:25 7,239 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cranston has won more than enough Emmys for Breaking Bad. I'm not that fussed that he didn't this time.
  • Articulate-Troll 23 Sep 2013 15:47:28 3,101 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was a seriously depressing episode at times, but great all the same. I think it's far worse when someone not really involved with the criminal world gets killed; with Hank you kind of expected it, but with Jesse's ex gf it just seemed brutal.

I did think it was odd that 4 men were able to break into Skyler's house without the DEA noticing. You'd think they'd be constantly monitoring her house for any sign of Walt, but clearly they're not that fussed.
  • Darren 23 Sep 2013 16:54:17 8,783 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What makes Breaking Bad so great is that it isn't in the slightest bit predictable. I can't think of many series where I've genuinely being in suspense throughout each episode and I love that the series started off with a lot of humour but gradually became much, much darker with each season improving on the previous one without ever repeating itself. It truly is an outstanding series and I've no doubt that the series finale will be awesome.

Edited by Darren at 16:55:04 23-09-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Skynet 23 Sep 2013 17:16:33 170 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have to agree that's the best thing about this show how unpredictable it all is.

A slower episode than last week but still brilliant, was sad to see Walt having to pay someone to hang out with him. He's become a shell of his former self.

Todd is such a creepy but fascinating character - "just so you know it's nothing personal" :(
    I think he's going to get a horrible graphic death like Gus did in the finale.
  • Deleted user 23 September 2013 19:32:36
    I really hope Walt has the most painful death.
  • ResidentKnievel 23 Sep 2013 19:41:07 6,181 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wonder if they'll cover Fring's past in the last episode or they'll forget all about lampshading it in previous series'.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• YoshiMcTaggis 23 Sep 2013 19:44:05 3,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Todd is a nutter, poor Jesse, I was shouting at him to run.

Nice to see that just as Walt had given up, his jealously and envy on seeing his former partners caused him to go "full Heisenberg"

That's kind of what caused him to start this empire in the first place, the annoyance at not having the empire he was responsible for building.

Now go gun down some Nazis, Walt!
  • YoshiMcTaggis 23 Sep 2013 19:50:14 3,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago

Edited by YoshiMcTaggis at 20:29:52 23-09-2013
  • muttler 23 Sep 2013 19:50:28 3,988 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The final episode should be interesting.  I do feel a bit sorry for Jesse, that was harsh.  They've probably kidnapped Brock to keep the pressure on.
  • muttler 23 Sep 2013 19:52:06 3,988 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    YoshiMcTaggis wrote:
    Todd is a nutter, poor Jesse, I was shouting at him to run.

Nice to see that just as Walt had given up, his jealously and envy on seeing his former partners caused him to go "full Heisenberg"

That's kind of what caused him to start this empire in the first place, the annoyance at not having the empire he was responsible for building.

Now go gun down some Nazis, Walt!
    You think all he was thinking was jealousy and envy, for real?
  • Deleted user 23 September 2013 19:53:46
    How the fuck muttler managed to work a keyboard I guess we will never know.
  • YoshiMcTaggis 23 Sep 2013 19:54:37 3,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It was a clumsy way of saying he was expressing many negative emotions

YOUR HIGHNESS

Jesus
  • YoshiMcTaggis 23 Sep 2013 19:55:55 3,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maybe next time I'll say something as asinine as "next episode will be interesting!", keep it simple
  • muttler 23 Sep 2013 20:04:42 3,988 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just find it hard to believe that the EG audience again failed to identify the more fundamental point of that scene, which was Walt crying to his son saying, "It cant all have been for nothing", and then watching in agony when the tv presenter asks Gretchen and whatshisname, "so what was WWs contribution to Gray Matter"?
  • ResidentKnievel 23 Sep 2013 20:05:13 6,181 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    next episode will be interesting!

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Deleted user 23 September 2013 20:09:27
    muttler wrote:
    I just find it hard to believe that the EG audience again failed to identify the more fundamental point of that scene, which was Walt crying to his son saying, "It cant all have been for nothing", and then watching in agony when the tv presenter asks Gretchen and whatshisname, "so what was WWs contribution to Gray Matter"?
    Fucking hell you are stupid.
  • YoshiMcTaggis 23 Sep 2013 20:11:10 3,016 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    IT SURE WILL BE INTERESTING I FOR ONE HOPE HE WEARS THE HAT
  • muttler 23 Sep 2013 20:25:49 3,988 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    muttler wrote:
    Fucking hell you are stupid.
    You're so clever.
  • Physically_Insane 23 Sep 2013 20:34:20 8,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maaaaan, it's sort of poetic that Walt, a man who ruined his life because of cooking the blue, is going to presumably end his life killing the nazis, which will also result in stopping the blue meth production for good.

Bad ass ending.
  • Deleted user 23 September 2013 20:45:02
    Jesse's suffering has been 100% Walt's doing. The same goes for Skylar, Walt Jr, Marie, Hank, the latino woman and her child. Fucking everyone because of Walt's ego. He really has to die the most painful death for any of this to mean anything. Preferably after he has taken out the nazis of course.
  • whatfruit 23 Sep 2013 20:49:59 1,441 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Maaaaan, it's sort of poetic that Walt, a man who ruined his life because of cooking the blue, is going to presumably end his life killing the nazis, which will also result in stopping the blue meth production for good.

Bad ass ending.
    It is finally time for walt to shut Pandora's box. Another outstanding episode, it was a nice touch the vacum cleaner guy actualy had a vacum store. I wonder if he does have any new filters? I was glad to see that Saul got away off to be a manager of a cinema. I was screaming at my screen for jesse to run like the wind, heartbreaking to see him get caught.
  • Physically_Insane 23 Sep 2013 20:51:13 8,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    See, I view Walt as a man who lost control and made some bad choices, rather than some evil villain.
  • Deleted user 23 September 2013 20:54:41
    @PI - See, that's nonsense. It might hold some semblence of credibility if it wasn't for the fact that time and again he has made the choice to protect, nurture his ego. Fuck - look at the last episode! He is about to do the right thing, which he knows to be the case and will be the best for his family, but then he gets wound up by the tv, his ego gets a punch, and he goes full Heisenberg again. He is a completely unsympathetic character and has been for a few seasons now! (Don't get me wrong it doesn't make his character any less fucking awesome, but I think you have to be seriously misunderstanding large parts of the story to actually be rooting for him beyond 'yay he is such a good character I want him to win'.

Edited by mowgli at 20:55:39 23-09-2013
  • Physically_Insane 23 Sep 2013 21:02:06 8,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mowgli

I don't want him to win. I'm not saying he's a nice guy, he's definitely 'bad'. However I believe he is still good in his core. A great example of a bad choice was letting Jane die. At the time Walt strongly felt that she was no good for Jessie, and was probably fearful she would rat. He let her die for the better good of Jessie. I'm not saying he should have let her die, of course he shouldn't. It was a horrible thing to do. But it's far from the evil mastermind, cackling at the poor woman dying.
  • Deleted user 23 September 2013 21:14:27
    He let her die because it was inconvenient and it made Jesse impossible to control. The fact that he felt a wee bit shit about it doesn't make it any better.

There are two genuinely evil people in this, Matt Damon, who is your psychopath. No thought or empathy goes into what he does, which makes him so scary. He just does it. He is properly eat your babies mental.

And then there is Walt. Walt is worse. Walt is worse because he knows what he is doing. He is intelligent, extremely so, he knows about the consequences of his actions. He knows how many lives he has ruined. He knows he has fucked, utterly fucking ruined, his entire family and so many other people. He knows this but he continuously justifies it to himself - "I'm doing it for my family!!".

This is bullshit, and you aren't meant to still believe it at this point! The writers have made it very clear that he is no longer the good guy mixed up in this. The good guy who has made some bad decisions. He is now 100% the bad guy. The bad guy who is doing this for no other reason than because his ego has taken over him. He wrestles with his conscious at times but it always loses and this is what makes him worse than Matt Damon. He knows both sides and he has made a choice. Hence 'breaking bad' I guess.

Edited by mowgli at 21:19:17 23-09-2013
  • Page

of 95 First / Last