Breaking Bad Page 73

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• Salaman 17 Sep 2013 00:36:24 19,140 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Walt's motives are strange in this episode, especially towards Jesse. It seemed like there should be a stronger catalyst for Walt to actively show them where Jesse was hiding, especially after what had just that second taken place.

As I've mentioned before, Walt does actually likes Jesse (even with all the bad blood between them), so to see Walt do that was unexpected to say the least.
    Liked Jesse until he realised Jesse ratted him out to Hank.
    At that point .... the gloves are off. Jesse's a rat. He betrayed him.
    He broke "the code". You don't rat each other out.

So yeah that's where I figured the hatred for Jesse comes from.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2013 00:38:30
    Skylar is an infinitely better character than fucking Saul. I really can't believe how much everyone loves the comedy relief. There is a reason he is being pushed further into the background.
  • localnotail 17 Sep 2013 00:41:14 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's not just comic relief. He is the fixer central. None of this could've worked without Saul.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Mola_Ram 17 Sep 2013 00:52:38 7,448 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Maybe the nazis aren't quitting because of some deal with Lydia? She gets all killy when things aren't going well with her clients. Or maybe Todd convinced them to keep going. He seems to have a thing for Lydia.
  • Salaman 17 Sep 2013 00:53:28 19,140 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Come back Walt Jr! All is forgiven! He finally got some proper lines to deliver instead of passing through the frame and throwing one or two lines of inane chatter through.
    That was a good outburst.

customfirmware wrote:
    @Physically_Insane yeah liked that aswell, he obviously knew the police were listening, so him taking blame for everything shows he still cares about skyler and his family. Loved how he called her a bitch aswell, been waiting ages for that one. Found it weird that the nazi's kept Jessie alive though.
    Quality is at a low. Up from 60-something to 76 now was it?
    Todd knows Jesse can cook, that's why he stepped in.

Iain815 wrote:
    After skimming a few reviews, I only just realised the real purpose of Walt's phone call to Skyler. I feel like a fucking idiot.
    Well I just sat listening to him and thought "Well he's done it now. Really showing his true colours. He's fucked it all up. Got Hank killed and he's too cowardly to admit it's his fault. He's taken his daughter, he's having a go at skyler. Totally gone over to the absolute irredeemable twat side.

Only at the end when he was crying and he put the baby somewhere to be found did I think "oh ..."

Waffleaber wrote:
    Also the episode title "Ozymandias"? Beautiful.
    "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Edited by Salaman at 00:53:59 17-09-2013
  • Mola_Ram 17 Sep 2013 00:59:22 7,448 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's a bit wrong, but my first thought when I heard the episode title was "where the hell are they going to find a giant squid in the desert?"
  • figgis 17 Sep 2013 06:54:47 7,376 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Remember the Heisenberg graffiti in Walt's house? That's part of what's going to get him to come back.
  • Nanocrystal 17 Sep 2013 12:46:22 1,036 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I would imagine Walt capable of sticking to the script after relocation. So how would he get the message that he needed to return to save anyone?
    Finding some blue meth?
  • urban 17 Sep 2013 12:55:11 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    urban wrote:
    Jesse is the one trying to slip out of the car, what's he going to do if he does? Force Walt to stand up to them? I reckon Walt is forced to go on the run from Jack and Matt Damon and that's why he needs the rambo rifle at the start/end of Season 5

I personally don't think Hank and Gomey are going to die, not after jumping around in front of AA12's like that and remaining unharmed.

Terrible firefight really, I was really genuinely terrified and then it kicked off and seemed to go on further without a single shot landing home.

Remember, Scarface.

Tony Montana fucks his comrades over by not killing that journalist and they come for him.
    Well this was wrong!
  • Salaman 17 Sep 2013 13:01:48 19,140 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    =)

I like how all the speculation we had was about the firefight and the final ending. Walt with the big gun. The Ricin. Jesse vs Walt.

Then I started to watch the latest episode and after the firefight was resolved and out of the way I thought. "Hmm ... what else is in store for this week then. "

None of what followed ever crossed my mind. Great stuff!
  • urban 17 Sep 2013 13:02:46 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Salaman wrote:

Waffleaber wrote:
    Also the episode title "Ozymandias"? Beautiful.
    "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
    Yes! Loved that ref

possibly my second favourite episode this season, Train being the first
  • urban 17 Sep 2013 13:03:12 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WTF THE FORUM JUST WENT ORANGE!?
  • The-Bodybuilder 17 Sep 2013 14:27:57 14,225 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Beautiful episode. Beautiful show.

My theory on what happens next?
    Walt goes on to save Jessie. Part of the redemptive story every protagonist who goes bad must do. He simply must end the show as Walt, and not as Heisenberg.
    But why save Jesse? Yes he wanted him dead, especially after Hank's death. But this was in the heat of things and in anger. He may blame Jessie, but there's enough time for him to consider that it really is all his fault. He got Jessie into all of this and he played him about. Time will show him that he's the cause for Jessie, and he still has that fatherly bond and wants to fix him, save him.

But how does he find out?
    My guess is he comes across blue meth, and susses out Jessie is still alive and is being used (he has no reason to chose to do so on free will). It's been the visual identity of the show, and it would be unlikely for them to just leave it out at the last 2 episodes. It has to resurface somehow, as a visual "closing of the circle". S
  • localnotail 17 Sep 2013 19:58:58 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Nanocrystal You think he's going to become a user?

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• OfNoConsequence 17 Sep 2013 22:05:25 7 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Beautiful episode. Beautiful show.

But how does he find out?
    My guess is he comes across blue meth, and susses out Jessie is still alive and is being used (he has no reason to chose to do so on free will). It's been the visual identity of the show, and it would be unlikely for them to just leave it out at the last 2 episodes. It has to resurface somehow, as a visual "closing of the circle". S
    If it goes that way, the best clue in terms of the meth would be a new batch of blue which has had chili powder added to it. Jesse's signature cook would be evidence of his survival and a nod back to the very first episode...
  • Nanocrystal 17 Sep 2013 22:14:38 1,036 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    @Nanocrystal You think he's going to become a user?
    No, my prediction is basically the same as The-Bodybuilder's above. He'll find some blue meth somehow, realise Jessie is the only other person who knows how to make it, have a change of heart and go down guns blazing during the rescue.
  • Rusta 17 Sep 2013 23:13:50 163 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I did not expect that! I fear the end approaching :(
  • Tuffty 17 Sep 2013 23:34:03 1,611 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Interview with Rian Johnson (Director) and Moira Walley-Beckett (Writer)

Can't believe Holly's "Mama" was unscripted. Give that baby an Emmy!
  • ISmoke 18 Sep 2013 00:10:48 549 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had to pause the episode a few times during that. It was so tense. Best show ever. Since it started back up I keep forgetting to watch Dexter
  • Nanocrystal 18 Sep 2013 00:36:10 1,036 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gotta admit I considered switching the episode off when Hank was shot. I guess it was worth it for the subsequent fallout, but fuck. :cry:
  • Mola_Ram 18 Sep 2013 00:44:19 7,448 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm very glad that they followed through with what should have logically happened. Lesser shows would have chickened out with some implausible deus ex machina.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Sep 2013 00:45:24 7,448 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm very glad that they followed through with what should have logically happened. Lesser shows would have chickened out with some implausible deus ex machina.
  • Nanocrystal 18 Sep 2013 00:45:33 1,036 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    True. But still.
  • Dizzy 18 Sep 2013 08:14:32 2,706 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    For me, this is a perfect last episode. I do not see any reason why they would add 2 more right now and I am a bit afraid that they will ruin it by trying to find a more heroic or politically correct "closure" for some of the characters.

This episode was the perfect ending for the series... it provides a nice closure for the overall story arcs and the overall ideas behind the series.

Both of the "bad" characters meeting a bad ending in some way.

Walt doing "everything" for his family ending up without a family. All that money really is useless to him now, especially if he only has to live a few years before dying alone. In some ways he has redeemed himself a bit by pulling all the blame to him.

Jessie... the unstable drug addict also meeting his doom by cooking meth for the rest of his life, tormented by broken love. A beautiful irony.

All very Shakespearean.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Sep 2013 08:21:04 7,448 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Jesse deserves a good ending. Which is not to say that he will get one, but I've always been more invested in rooting for him.

I don't really care about Walt so much. He's ruined enough lives that I don't particularly want to see him "redeem" himself. I don't think that's really possible. Hope he saves Jesse though.
  • Trane 18 Sep 2013 10:04:57 4,054 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's definitely gonna be a Walt blaze-of-glory attack on the Aryans then, I thought it would be prior to the last episode, expecting them to end Hank.

Jesse's presence there and him still being alive will come to his attention somehow, not sure, maybe as others are speculating - the presence of the blue meth, there have been a few nods to it recently.

Now that Walt's hope of a happy family life is long gone, I think he will regret handing over Jesse the way he did and try to rectify that, he does view him a as a son of sorts.

Can't wait!
  • Dizzy 18 Sep 2013 10:37:12 2,706 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Both characters are so scarred and broken that a happy ending is just not believable IMHO.
  • Salaman 18 Sep 2013 10:42:38 19,140 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Heh. I never realised Jesse wasn't supposed to last past the first season.
    I also learned from last week's "Talking Bad" that it was originally planned for Saul to go and clean the mess up after Jesse's girlfriend dies. Bob Odenkirk wasn't available for shooting the episode, so they created Mike Ehrementraut instead to go take care of things at Jesse's pad.
  • customfirmware 18 Sep 2013 15:10:28 811 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Walt/Heisenberg is over think the entire series of breaking bad about those two personas died in the last episode. during the phone call between him and skyler he said its family or nothing which makes me think either Jessie or the nazi has done something to them. Think it's more likely to be Jessie considering he confessed that he watched Jane die. Walt hates Jessie and Jessie hates Walt, really don't see him going through all that trouble trying to save him after he wanted him dead so badly.
    Unless the writer puts a massive spin on the show( which they like to do) that's the most obvious thing I see happening. Unless they make Walt go on a mad one trying to kill Jessie after he finds out that he's still alive.
  • customfirmware 18 Sep 2013 15:10:28 811 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Walt/Heisenberg is over think the entire series of breaking bad about those two personas died in the last episode. during the phone call between him and skyler he said its family or nothing which makes me think either Jessie or the nazi has done something to them. Think it's more likely to be Jessie considering he confessed that he watched Jane die. Walt hates Jessie and Jessie hates Walt, really don't see him going through all that trouble trying to save him after he wanted him dead so badly.
    Unless the writer puts a massive spin on the show( which they like to do) that's the most obvious thing I see happening. Unless they make Walt go on a mad one trying to kill Jessie after he finds out that he's still alive.
  • Page

of 95 First / Last