Breaking Bad Page 61

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• DiSC0_JeRk 27 Aug 2013 00:37:23 131 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Jesse realised about Broc because Saul pulled the same trick with his bag of weed that he did with the Ricin. Jesse knew what had happened the first time but Walt managed to talk him round. But when the exact same thing happens again, Jesse put it all together.
  • alexm 27 Aug 2013 01:25:08 250 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bit out there, but what if Walt had orchestrated Jesse finding out, to cause him to either attack him in public (so he could shoot him in self-defence) or do something crazy like the arsene....both of which removes Hank's best hope of nailing Walt through official channels - Walt already seems to have protected himself against being taken down through his 'confession'.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Aug 2013 01:37:47 7,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    But did he know what Walt did with the ricin the first time around? Because it wasn't to poison Brock. And as far as I know, Jesse doesn't know about the Lily of the Valley growing in Walt's backyard.

He lost the cigarette, thought it was Walt, was convinced otherwise, then "found" the (fake) cigarette in his Roomba. Even if he realises that the real one was lifted off him by Huell, Unlikely Master of Pickpocketing, how does he then conclude that Walt poisoned Brock with something other than ricin?

I've re-watched the relevant episode bits now, and I still find the whole thing to be a bit sketchy, even with Jesse's prior suspicions. It's not like how he figured out what happened to Mike, which was quite well-reasoned. In this case, I think it was a bridge slightly too far, and a reveal that was just a bit too coincidental and convenient (why would Saul even ask Huell to lift the pot off Jesse anyway? It's not like it's his problem or anything).

Breaking Bad has done the "unlikely coincidence" thing before, of course:
    -Jane's dad and the plane crash
    -Gale happening to dedicate something else to "the other W.W.", and Hank somehow stumbling upon it
    -the lottery ticket (well, I hope not)

It's never been a huge problem with the show, though - just stuff you have to roll with. So I'll stop going on about it. :-)

Edited by Mola_Ram at 03:36:40 27-08-2013
  • Mola_Ram 27 Aug 2013 01:53:15 7,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Moving on...

I think Walt Jr's days are numbered.

"What's that burning smell? Is it breakfast? Hello?"
  • muttler 27 Aug 2013 03:23:01 3,972 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    According to the script that was stolen off Brian Cranston and leaked onto the internet, it's Walter Jr who trashes the house.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Aug 2013 03:33:42 7,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If that's a real thing, you might want to spoiler it.
  • Scurrminator 27 Aug 2013 04:57:49 8,394 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not sure why you're confused mola?
    Season 4:
    Ricin was stolen from Jesse.
    Brock was poisoned.
    Jesse assumes Walt lifted the cigarette from him and poisoned Brock (as only Walt knew about the ricin) in an effort to turn Jesse against Gus.
    Walt convinces Jesse that Gus has poisoned Brock to cause a rift between them.
    Gus is killed; hospital tells Jesse that it was the plant.

Season 5
    Huell lifts the pot from Jesse as Saul asked him to so that the 'fixer guy' would take him.
    Jesse realises he was correct and Walt has been using him all along - fire rage
    It wasn't a stretch too far. He had already pieced it together but had been blagged by Walt.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 27 August 2013 05:05:36
    Walt poisoned Brock with the flowers, then took the cigarette off Jesse to make Jesse think Gus had poisoned Brock. Walt didn't want to actually kill the kid, so gave him a poison he could survive whilst still making Jesse freak out and side with Walt over Gus.

I'd agree it was a bit of a stretch when taken at face value, but all the scene was really there is to show that Jesse has finally seen through Walt's lies and manipulation.
  • fletch7100 27 Aug 2013 05:08:18 7,121 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Plus will Jesse find the plant in the garden

Or did Walter destroy the plant he used for that poison, another excuse to rewatch older episodes

Edited by fletch7100 at 06:00:50 27-08-2013
  • Mola_Ram 27 Aug 2013 06:06:53 7,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Scurrminator Yes, I know all that. But it still doesn't entirely click for me. (And I'm not the only one who thinks so. See the comments there especially)

Anyway, I think I've explained it enough, as best I could. I don't really have anything more to say on the matter, so let's move on!

About the confession... do you think Hank's police buddies would ever believe it? Also, did I miss something, or is there a bit of a contradiction regarding how Hank - as a supposed drug kingpin - would need Walt to pay his medical bills? I mean, those bills compromise Hank regardless, but is it a flaw in the logic of the "confession"?

Edited by Mola_Ram at 06:17:11 27-08-2013
  • muttler 27 Aug 2013 07:51:04 3,972 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    If that's a real thing, you might want to spoiler it.
    I read that there was a script stolen, but I don't know about its contents, that was just my current theory on how the house gets destroyed, I was doing a wind up sorry.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2013 08:01:45
    fletch7100 wrote:

Or did Walter destroy the plant he used for that poison, another excuse to rewatch older episodes
    He put it in the back of his car and got rid of it a few episodes ago when he was tidying up.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2013 08:27:56
    Someone ban mola from the thread please I can't take anymore.
  • Salaman 27 Aug 2013 09:20:08 18,952 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:

That plant was at Walt's temporary abode, when he wasn't allowed in the house by Skyler because he was a danger to her kids.

richardiox wrote:
    Wouldn't a fire burn the lottery ticket and thus essentially make Walt's year of risk, meth and murder all in vain?
    As long as Walt's alive, the money isn't lost. He drove into the dessert and pulled off the road right by some big fuck off rocks. He'll find it again, easy enough.
    Should he be killed, die of cancer or end up in jail though, Skyler will need the co-orindates to locate it. So those millions are far from lost when that ticket is lost.

My mouth dropped when Walt started his confession. Such a weird move to make.
    Then it dropped further when I saw the actual confession. Hank seems to have his back against the wall now. There's no actual evidence to implicate Hank but the story and the major story points make sense. Plus there's a money trail of 177k leading to Hank.

I disagree that Walt has turned into a coward though.
    Walt has had a death sentence. He's got about 6 months left to live. He's turned away from his wild, crazy year as meth cooker and eventually meth empire kingpin and he now wants to ride out these last few months, assure his family is provided for and his "hoard" is safe.
    I think he just wants to keep all trouble at bay for long enough so that he can die in peace, in freedom rather than in prison and his memory won't be tarnished for his kids.
    So everything he's doing now is trying to keep a lid on things for long enough.
    Before his goal was to grow his empire and eliminate competition, which required a ruthless aggression. Which he used. Now other tactics are needed. So he uses other tactics.

IMHO, etc.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Aug 2013 09:42:26 7,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Someone ban mola from the thread please I can't take anymore.
    What exactly is your problem? Everyone else manages to disagree without being an utter tosspot about it. Why can't you? Just accept that I don't get it, it accept that other people don't understand what I'm on about, or I'm stupid or whatever, and move on.

The end. Change of topic.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2013 09:46:32
    Calm down sally I was only teasing.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Aug 2013 09:49:53 7,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    On the topic of the ticket. If it turned out to be a winner would it actually be that bad? Surely there would be some record of what the winning lottery numbers were.
  • Physically_Insane 27 Aug 2013 10:30:00 8,735 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    On the topic of the ticket. If it turned out to be a winner would it actually be that bad? Surely there would be some record of what the winning lottery numbers were.
    Yeah but the coordinates where on multiple lines, vertically. He needs more than just the winning numbers.

Anyway, I doubt the ticket has any real significance in the coming episodes.
  • Salaman 27 Aug 2013 11:27:57 18,952 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Anyway, I doubt the ticket has any real significance in the coming episodes.
    Why show it then? If it's one thing breaking bad is good at, it's wrapping up all loose ends.
    So it may yet play some part, even if it's small.
  • Zizoo 27 Aug 2013 11:39:25 8,240 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, I was about to say that BB isn't known for doing something for nothing.
  • L0cky 27 Aug 2013 11:41:20 1,514 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The lottery ticket is a cover for having a seemingly random set of numbers written down on a piece of paper without giving away their actual purpose in the case that Walt and his things come under investigation.

That is all.
  • Deleted user 27 August 2013 11:56:30
    Yeah, what Locky said. It is a random set of numbers he can point someone else to with out being incredibly conspicuous.
  • BinaryBob101 27 Aug 2013 13:21:36 22,628 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Anybody know what Meth Damon and the Aryans were doing in New Mexico?

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• whatfruit 27 Aug 2013 13:24:14 1,405 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @BinaryBob101 Bringing back the methlaymine they hold stolen from Declan's lab in arizona.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Aug 2013 13:24:33 7,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Possibly trying to re-establish the empire that Walt built?
  • Tuffty 27 Aug 2013 13:36:53 1,532 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think it is, sure they asked Todd if he was ready. Which can only mean they have plans for Todd to act as the cook.
  • Salaman 27 Aug 2013 14:44:34 18,952 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah ... and the "let's make some money!!" exclamation was a bit of a give away as well I think.
  • BinaryBob101 27 Aug 2013 15:00:40 22,628 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well yeah, I know they're gonna start cooking. I got my states mixed up!

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• Page

of 95 First / Last