Breaking Bad Page 42

• Page

of 95 First / Last

• Deleted user 28 July 2012 18:57:15
    Yes? You notice I used spoiler tags.
  • Deleted user 28 July 2012 20:42:18
    They wouldn't, hence good idea not to reveal it. Point is that it was spoiled, that took all the effort of a button click, so no one has a reason to get upset.

This is clearly the general chat thread, hence spoilers. I'm not going near the US pace thread because "US Pace" always implies people downloading episodes so catching them the moment they air in the US. I'm not interested in that.

It really isn't that complicated, just use the spoiler tag in the general thread and do what you want in the US pace thread if that is the general consensus.
  • Iain815 28 Jul 2012 21:02:26 414 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    They wouldn't, hence good idea not to reveal it. Point is that it was spoiled, that took all the effort of a button click, so no one has a reason to get upset.

This is clearly the general chat thread, hence spoilers. I'm not going near the US pace thread because "US Pace" always implies people downloading episodes so catching them the moment they air in the US. I'm not interested in that.

It really isn't that complicated, just use the spoiler tag in the general thread and do what you want in the US pace thread if that is the general consensus.
  • Physically_Insane 29 Jul 2012 04:44:33 8,986 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ha!
  • Ka-blamo 29 Jul 2012 09:38:35 7,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it's Netflix pace vs US pace.

One's downloaded through the internet and the other is streamed through the internet. Just download the latest ones you babies.
  • Ka-blamo 29 Jul 2012 09:39:31 7,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodpad lol
  • Scurrminator 29 Jul 2012 10:19:23 8,437 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rid pad wins the Internet!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Scurrminator 29 Jul 2012 10:20:15 8,437 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I should make both threads US pace and then mowgli can make his own personal BB thread :-)

• Deleted user 29 July 2012 10:36:37
    rodpad wrote:
    We started using the US thread again just to keep you happy because you kicked up such a fuss about it, even though everybody else has been using this thread to talk about the most current American episode for ages now.
    Nah, you started using the US thread when you realised your mistake - that this wasn't the US thread and someone hasn't changed the name.

You said this the other day about even including spoiler tagged things from US pace in this very thread:
    mowgli wrote:
    There is another, more appropriate thread for it as already highlighted.
    So why are you now spoiler tagging US pace stuff in what you call the "general thread"?
    No I didn't, I said that about posting in this thread without spoiler tags, there is another more appropriate thread in which it is agreed everyone is up to speed so no need for tags.

What's the point in this thread at all if every single post has to be hidden behind spoiler tags regardless of which episode it came from?
    the point in this thread is you don't have to be some 4am on the night of air obsessive to be able to enjoy talking about the show. If you want to talk about a show - that is only really becoming available to people the non pikey way up to season 4 - without the risk of having it completely ruined then use this thread. Don't reveal spoilers if you don't want to ruin anything. If you are completely up to scratch and want to talk about the latest possible episode without worrying about spoilers use the US pace thread. It really is that fucking simple, but some warped pride in being further ahead than others seems to be blinding you to that.

Anyway, you've exhausted my care. Looking forward to the next season, not sure if I'll be able to hold on or will join the caravan party and get them early.

Edited by mowgli at 10:37:10 29-07-2012
  • Iain815 29 Jul 2012 14:13:27 414 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    ...that is only really becoming available to people the non pikey way up to season 4...

It really is that fucking simple, but some warped pride in being further ahead than others seems to be blinding you to that.
    Shut the fuck up, just shut the fuck up. Does the fact that no-one agrees with you not make you not consider, 'Fuck, maybe I'm wrong?'.

This thread has always been the US pace thread, like it or not.

• Deleted user 29 July 2012 14:18:19
    Apart from the US pace thread that is?

:D

Nonce.
  • BinaryBob101 29 Jul 2012 14:21:26 23,519 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    rodpad is of course correct. Make your own thread mowgli.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 29 July 2012 14:31:33
    Correct about what exactly? There are two fucking threads, one says US pace, the other is just general. Two threads. Two fucking threads. Myself and anyone else that knows they aren't up to speed with the US pace... this thread?(!!!), those who are totally up to speed and don't want to waste time on spoilers... US pace thread.

Next, world peace.

Fuck me you lot make it hard.
  • BinaryBob101 29 Jul 2012 14:36:58 23,519 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ALL OF YOU! AND ONE OF YOU!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Scurrminator 29 Jul 2012 22:45:35 8,437 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!!!

• silentbob 29 Jul 2012 23:03:59 28,999 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gosh, the stench of Oestrogen and Semen seems to be emanating from this thread.

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• RobAnybody 29 Jul 2012 23:39:38 924 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wondered what the curious aroma was. Quick, where's the industrial strength air freshener?!
  • OllyJ 30 Jul 2012 12:06:24 3,293 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Fuck me you lot make it hard.
    That's what she said.
  • Ka-blamo 30 Jul 2012 12:51:38 7,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Doesn't Netflix only show Season 4 on the US service anyway? Thus making you as much a pikey as anybody else who downloads it.
    That's what I was thinking, also if someone complained to Mowgli in this thread asking him to only talk about channel 5 pace he'd ignore them and not give a shit.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Jul 2012 13:47:59 7,666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, that was a pretty good new Season 5 episode 3. The third episode of the 5th season, that is.

I thought the Scarface bit was a little on the nose, though. They didn't really need to spell it out like that - we get that he's basically a gangster now.

And I think he might actually be a bit stupid in the head. This delusions of grandeur stuff is getting a bit over-the-top. He's great with the technical side of the trade, but doesn't seem to realise that he really shouldn't be pissing Mike off right now.

He can't seem to take things slowly, which I guess makes sense since the cancer will probably kill him in a couple of years anyhow.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 14:07:21 30-07-2012
  • kinky_mong 30 Jul 2012 14:55:01 10,432 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How dare you Mola_Ram! Discussing the latest US episode in this thread! This is not the "US Pace" thread! It is the "Mowgli's Mind Works At A Snail Pace" thread!

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Mola_Ram 30 Jul 2012 15:08:44 7,666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So... how about we just stop the navel-gazing and discuss the newest episode? Because it was quite good! I preferred last week's, though.

I'm not really buying Walt's increasing recklessness. Anyone with half a brain could see the train wreck coming, and it beggars belief that Walt somehow can't. He was a lot more careful in the first couple of seasons.
  • RobAnybody 30 Jul 2012 15:35:03 924 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • whatfruit 30 Jul 2012 15:36:41 1,605 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    So... how about we just stop the navel-gazing and discuss the newest episode? Because it was quite good! I preferred last week's, though.

I'm not really buying Walt's increasing recklessness. Anyone with half a brain could see the train wreck coming, and it beggars belief that Walt somehow can't. He was a lot more careful in the first couple of seasons.
    In the first few seasons he just wanted to make money for his family. A "no rough stuff" kind of a deal. Over the last 4 seasons he has come to realise that it is better to be the shark than the fish. After killng Gus he now thinks of himself as the kingpin. He wants to be Heisenbery not Walter White. "This is not Meth"

I really liked this epidsode. Some great momenets. Badger & stinky pete buying the roadie cases. The bittersweet exchange afterwards as they ask if they can join and Jesse declines showing how much he has grown past them, also Jesse designing the lab and walt's little smile when he sees his motor idea in the tent. Can you imagine if he had made such a suggestion in season 2. The whole cooking sequence. The last scene was the best though. Walt quoting the story of Icarus in relation to Victor and Mike followed by Jesse's face of disgust possibly the first realsiation of how far off the deep end Mr White has gone. I cannot wait for next week. The one thing this week sorely missed was Hank.

Edited by whatfruit at 15:43:14 30-07-2012

Edited by whatfruit at 15:45:03 30-07-2012

bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

• Mola_Ram 30 Jul 2012 16:02:01 7,666 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    whatfruit wrote:
    In the first few seasons he just wanted to make money for his family. A "no rough stuff" kind of a deal. Over the last 4 seasons he has come to realise that it is better to be the shark than the fish. After killng Gus he now thinks of himself as the kingpin. He wants to be Heisenbery not Walter White. "This is not Meth"

Edited by whatfruit at 15:43:14 30-07-2012
    I get *why* he wants to be a kingpin. I just think he's going about it unimaginably stupidly. Like in that scene where they're counting out the money, or the scene right after that where he's visibly freaking Jesse out. He just seems to be getting more and more clueless with every episode.

Of course, that makes for good drama! :)
  • whatfruit 30 Jul 2012 16:57:22 1,605 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Mola_Ram He is going about it in a stupid way because he is starting to belive his own hype. His ego, self pride and his balls are simply massive now.

Edited by whatfruit at 16:59:30 30-07-2012

bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

• Page

of 95 First / Last