Registered 7 years ago
    and everything re-spawns?

No mid level saving?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Aretak 4 Feb 2009 08:00:17 10,359 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, that's certainly killed any ethusiasm I had for it. No way I could deal with that.
  • Widge Moderator 4 Feb 2009 08:01:45 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know.... I would find each game would require a certain amount of mental preparation, kind of a "well here we go then" effort.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 4 Feb 2009 08:10:36 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not me!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Cappy 4 Feb 2009 10:24:36 11,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wonder if they'll tweak Demon's Soul for later versions. It's one of the most common changes during localisations, making a game either more difficult or easy. I can imagine they'll have to knock the difficulty down considerably if they want to avoid American man-baby tantrums.

I don't mind dying as long as it's fair i.e. knowing what killed you and being able to spot environmental clues to the presence of traps. Death coming out of the blue gets a bit annoying after a while, and if you have to memorise each hazard you might as well play with guide, which isn't fun since it would spoil the exploration and any sense of mystery and the unknown.
  • Aretak 4 Feb 2009 10:41:02 10,359 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just turned it on again after a 2 and a half hour break and he's still doing the same castle level. :D
  • Pedrolot 4 Feb 2009 11:12:06 1,939 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He just bought some magic..

PSN: Pedrolot

• michaelius 4 Feb 2009 11:25:39 809 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This will get 6/10 review from EG considering how much our site loves casualized Fable 2 :)

Gameplay kinda reminds me of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (PC).
  • Gibroon 4 Feb 2009 11:59:20 1,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Did anyone play Severance: Blade of Darkness? That had some limb-choppingly good fights in it. Unfortunately this doesn't look as good :(
  • Pedrolot 4 Feb 2009 12:09:17 1,939 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nothing better then a sword imo.

PSN: Pedrolot

• Widge Moderator 4 Feb 2009 12:26:43 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice, I go in to see what he's up to and he was running up that CHUFFING bridge to the castle where I left him this morning....

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Gibroon 4 Feb 2009 12:31:50 1,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The AI in Severance looks far better than this though. At least they try and sneak around you, drop back and block you. Demon's soul's seems to be a constant jump on your sword type gameplay. The shadows on Severance put a lot of new games to shame and it is nearly 8 years old.
  • Widge Moderator 4 Feb 2009 12:54:17 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has he gone for a poo or something?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Gibroon 4 Feb 2009 13:09:07 1,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disc wrote:
    This looks quite a bit better than Severance I think actually. Severance had a simpler style of combat where as this is more about dodge and block

Aesthetically it looks far better than Severance but the gameplay I'm not too sure.

In Severance if you didn't block or dodge you would be slaughtered pretty quickly.

I've always wanted a follow up to the game, the combat was brutal and fantastic as was the level design.

Rose tinted specs possibly but I haven't come across a better hack and slash adventure yet.

More limb chopping and blood please.
  • Cappy 4 Feb 2009 13:15:37 11,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think you judge AI or how a game plays from a streaming video, a major limitation is how the person actually playing approaches the game.
  • Widge Moderator 4 Feb 2009 14:48:46 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just wish I could tell what on earth the purpose was. Why is the person at that castle, why does he keep warping back, what is his aim at the castle, can he go anywhere else.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 4 Feb 2009 14:54:58 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh, just flicked on and its a different location. More organic and spooky looking.
    The game reminds of Shadow Of The Beast levels of bleakness.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 4 February 2009 17:20:03
    The game reminds me of how capcom needs to make a new onimusha game
  • Deleted user 4 February 2009 23:18:29
    More I see this the more I think, why didn't Capcom do something like this with a Ghost n Goblins 3D revamp instead of Maximo (and I like Maximo!).
  • JediMasterMalik 5 Feb 2009 01:39:14 11,820 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So is this actually looking good then?
  • Deleted user 5 February 2009 05:26:18
    disc wrote:
    Maximo was way more accessible than the original Ghosts n Goblins I think. They gave you quite a bit of help before dying.

Thats what I meant (in particular the sequel, they seemed to want to forget the platforming heritage). I didn't mean an exact likeness, just some of the feel of this game would've made for a great hardcore 3d Ghost n Goblins game.

Demon's Soul looks very tempting, though I am worried about not having save points before bosses, so they can focus on making those very challenging for the gamer, but also enjoyable in that you won't need to slog through a level to reach them again. Having not played a From Software title in ages so wouldn't know about any heritage this game may have with earlier titles.

All I know is that I never liked it in Capcom games (doesn't help when the early bosses are much harder than later ones like DMC3) but I'll persist if the game is fun enough, and online in whatever form it turns up. If it is only notes will help people improve by learning from each others mistakes.
  • Widge Moderator 5 Feb 2009 07:32:39 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Having sat on the Bethesda forums, I know that there are a bunch of players out there that play Oblivion with traps set to instant death, people who play with real life equipment constraints (ie, they'll carry one sword, and a few potions), some who play with a 'if you die, thats it, start a new character' mentality ... these kind of people would probably love this.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Cappy 5 Feb 2009 11:11:15 11,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm hoping this will be a teeny bit like the Zelda game I always wanted that Nintendo never made.

You'll have that Zelda sense of adventure, but freed of the constraints of the boxed in little areas Twilight Princess suffered from, free to explore and get into trouble wherever your whim takes you. Sprinkle a few treasures and places of interest around the place and I'm happy. If it's considerably more difficult than a Zelda game I'm okay with that, staying alive is just another part of the adventure. Helps build up the requisite feeling as you walk into a spooky castle or dungeon, if you feel empowered and safe it's not quite the same experience.
  • Dr.Haggard 5 Feb 2009 12:23:05 4,217 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New vid on gamersyde.

Cheers for all the updates on this disc, it's really got me interested but I don't think I'm prepared to pay 50 odd quid for the asian version.

As for the difficulty, if I'm really into the game I don't think I'll mind at all. It can be frustrating, but I loved Enclave and there was no mid-level saving in that - some levels were pretty huge and replaying them over and over again was actually a lot of fun.
  • Dr.Haggard 5 Feb 2009 12:55:04 4,217 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watched the gamersyde video and I absolutely love the look of this. That 50 import is starting to look more and more tempting.
  • Widge Moderator 5 Feb 2009 14:33:02 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All the menus are in Japanese though :(

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 5 Feb 2009 14:34:13 13,661 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lots of going around nailing people, are there many friendly NPC areas though?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Cappy 5 Feb 2009 14:58:59 11,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    All the menus are in Japanese though :(

Yeah, Japanese versions of games tend to have that quite a bit.

Wait for footage of the Asian version in a couple of weeks.
  • Cappy 5 Feb 2009 21:54:24 11,957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sounds like a good plan actually.

Killzone seems okay but it's in a very well served genre, variety is the spice of life and all that.
  • Page

of 504 First / Last