Demon's Souls Page 428

• Page

of 504 First / Last

• dutchspeededup 21 Dec 2013 11:18:55 4,393 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looks that way. It's weird, because I had no intention of this being my build. I always go for melee characters.

That versatility and ability to surprise is the mark of a truly great game.
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2013 11:21:24 12,145 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, you could chop and change. Shield and falchion for main levelling, then maybe buffs and then swap out the shield for the kris blade for bosses etc

Yeah, it's a really good game. Tempted to fire it up myself actually :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• SomaticSense 21 Dec 2013 11:22:12 8,321 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Magic is seriously OP in Demon's.

Am planning on doing a spellsword run at some point before DkS2 hits, as it was easily my favourite build in Dark. Should be huge fun.
  • dutchspeededup 21 Dec 2013 11:25:07 4,393 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    From my early meanderings it does seem that ranged magic is very powerful. I was quite shocked when the red-eyed knight went down to four soul arrows.
  • robc84 21 Dec 2013 11:31:27 5,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah the only time I had trouble with my mag build was the final boss. Up to that point it was pretty plain sailing.
  • dutchspeededup 21 Dec 2013 18:04:24 4,393 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    2-3 and 4-1 down.

This is fucking awesome.
  • robc84 21 Dec 2013 20:58:04 5,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dutch is flying through! Nice work!

How are you stats and equipment doing?
  • JonFE 22 Dec 2013 21:44:24 1,448 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got a couple of bosses before reaching the end. Does my equipment, ore, souls etc. carry over to NG+ without depositing it to Thomas or do I have to make any kind of arrangement?
  • Deleted user 22 December 2013 23:45:42
    @JonFE It just carries over!
  • Moot_Point 23 Dec 2013 00:07:38 4,096 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Yeah the only time I had trouble with my mag build was the final boss. Up to that point it was pretty plain sailing.
    Putting all your eggs in one basket is never a good idea.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• robc84 23 Dec 2013 07:36:55 5,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    Well it depends really. I did a dex mag hybrid for my first run and spread myself too thin.

Or maybe I was just shit ;-)
  • dutchspeededup 23 Dec 2013 13:33:30 4,393 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Last update before I head off for Christmas...

I have now done 1-2, 1-3, 3-1 and 4-2. I'm level 40 magic, but am increasingly using melee because the combat is so good.

I've learned some advanced spells from Sage Freke, but haven't really started upgrading weapons. That's what I'll do next, before tackling 5-1.

The Crescent Falchion is my favourite, and I love to dual wield it against bosses. At the moment I am mainly enjoying wandering and exploring. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

Also, killed some dick at the start of 4-1. Not sure if that was a mistake.
  • robc84 23 Dec 2013 16:45:30 5,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:

Also, killed some dick at the start of 4-1. Not sure if that was a mistake.
    ???

Care to elaborate?
  • quadfather 23 Dec 2013 17:12:07 12,145 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @dutchspeededup - good sword isnt it. Suits your bud too.

Dont worry about the guy in 4-1

Have you unlocked the blacksmith in 2-2 with 2-2's boss soul?

• Moot_Point 23 Dec 2013 17:20:30 4,096 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    Well it depends really. I did a dex mag hybrid for my first run and spread myself too thin.

Or maybe I was just shit ;-)
    But more DEX than MAG though, right?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• retro74 3 Jan 2014 20:47:29 236 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A long shot this but I am trying to find a specific demons souls video to show someone but can't track it down

Its one where the player has pulled loads of mobs to them and the screen is full of them

Has anyone seen it / know what to search for?

Cheers!
  • dutchspeededup 5 Jan 2014 16:47:03 4,393 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sat down to play on Saturday after my Christmas break and...

I'm done. Amazing game, although I was expecting my 25 hours to be nearer 50.

The only bad sticking point was 4-2. There were three black phantoms in a row before the final cave with the reaper, and they just destroyed me time and again.
  • robc84 5 Jan 2014 17:00:10 5,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    25 hours is pretty impressive for a first playthrough I think. Mine was 50 odd hours I think!

Congrats on completion!
  • dutchspeededup 6 Jan 2014 09:14:11 4,393 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think that was a combination of having played a great many hours of Dark Souls, together with the decision to start as a Royal.

I may go back and do an endurance-heavy melee build. That will doubtless take me longer. In this run-through I did absolutely no farming.
  • Lotos8ter 12 Jan 2014 19:35:05 2,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This game doesn't fuck about in NG+ does it?
    I've been one-shotted by the Fat Minister in 2-1, same from the BP's near Executioner Miralda in 1-1 and its a bloody struggle to get anywhere at the moment.

I dread to think what Flamelurker's like.
    /shivers

Fiat Lux

• robc84 12 Jan 2014 19:39:58 5,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Lotos8ter I never got around to ng+ due to getting dark souls. Good luck on flamelurker and maneaters! I think you'll need it!
  • SomaticSense 13 Jan 2014 17:16:41 8,321 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For the first time ever earlier I beat the Maneaters on the first attempt. It's normally a major flashpoint for me. Not helped by the cheap 'I'll fly away until your weapon buff ends', so it took a while. But kicked his arse when he landed!

And then I proceeded to get repeatedly mauled by those BASTARD red phantoms on the stairs. Finally made it through to the following boss half an hour later, but died after stupidly trying to heal with some Old Spice. Swings and roundabouts, eh?
  • quadfather 13 Jan 2014 17:50:15 12,145 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ng+ is a right bastard on demons. I remember a blue eyed knight that ripped through my second chance and then he tapped me on the head with lightest of attacks and that was me done. The wanker.

Havent been on mg+ for literally years

• quadfather 13 Jan 2014 18:22:28 12,145 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mg

Thats my car obviously

• DodgyPast 19 Jan 2014 06:19:24 8,468 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I'm going to start this to slow down and savour dark souls. Especially as I'd like a breather before I hit the crystal caves.

On DS I've enjoyed the Eagle shield when I've needed more stability and balanced resists, the Balder Shield and even the hollow shield for more fiery bits.

I occasionally rely on a decent bow and I've mostly gone tanky with Havel's set then following up the high poise with a high DPSing katana backed up by a BSS when a more agile weapon is required... Staying under 50% weight means that I'm dodging and range managing my endurance.

It's also been a fairly easy set up to create without too much esoteric knowledge... And some ineffiencies in the build to get useful stuff such as light.

Basically wondering what general pointers anyone would make if I want to go in similar direction with Demon's Souls.
  • robc84 19 Jan 2014 08:11:58 5,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not had any experience of tanky builds but there are plenty of strength based weapons and armour about!

Re starting class, hunter starts with a bow, but is more dex orientated. Obviously that can be easily turned around if you wanted strength.

I'll hand over to quad now as he is the expert :D
  • DodgyPast 19 Jan 2014 09:47:11 8,468 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bow is used more for picking off annoying spell casters or bow men than as my main weapon.
  • robc84 19 Jan 2014 11:20:30 5,621 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well hunter starts with a bow and an axe I believe. It was what I used for my first playthrough. I found the bow useful early on for picking off certain enemies from afar.

Sure can obtain a bow fairly early anyway though.
  • quadfather 28 Jan 2014 16:28:33 12,145 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Brushwood armour, located in 1-1 is fairly heavy duty armour. Off the top of my head, I can't remember it's weight or protection values though - I'll have to wiki it.

Temple knight starts with some fairly meaty armour. You might have to take a few bits off to get around 50% roll

Appreciate that this reply is 9 days after you posted

Claymore, obtained early aswell, is a solid sword

• quadfather 28 Jan 2014 16:28:58 12,145 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And it looks like we're all going to roll a demon's souls character again. Anyone care to join in?

• Page

of 504 First / Last