Demon's Souls Page 427

• Page

of 504 First / Last

• robc84 20 Dec 2013 11:22:34 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's actually making me want to play through again. Still got so far to go with Dark though!!
  • dutchspeededup 20 Dec 2013 11:30:24 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck me, there's a lot to digest here.

Ok, I am playing online. Should I not be?

In terms of the other discussion... I will take my time to digest and report back after the next session...
  • robc84 20 Dec 2013 11:33:16 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Playing online is fine. If you are in human form you run the risk of invasion. To be honest it only ever happened me twice I think so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Feel free to just ignore us and do your own thing. We will advise as best we can :)
  • dutchspeededup 20 Dec 2013 11:34:59 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This whole world tendency thing is confusing.

Anyway, I like the advice. Half the fun of Dark Souls was talking about it on here.
  • robc84 20 Dec 2013 11:38:08 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I still don't really get world tendency. I just played through and ended up missing most of the WT events.
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2013 11:39:02 12,164 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can play it however you want. If you play online, there's a thing called world tendency that you'll 'inherit' from the online servers. Basically, it slightly dictates how hard the monsters are, and it may or may not open up certain doors or areas.

To be honest, don't worry about it for now, as it's quite complicated and fiddly, and there's a more pressing concern at the moment which is basically to keep you alive!

One thing that's fairly important though is to wear that cling ring when you're in soul form, to give you a boost for your health.

Killing bosses and/or consuming some ephemeral stones (don't worry if you've not found any yet) makes you human, but being killed in human form affects the tendency. And we're not talking about tendency at the moment, so whack that cling ring on and get fighting!

The other discussion regarding a particular weapon that would be useful to your character is risky, but it's worth it in the long run

Entirely up to you really. Basically, instead of doing the next area (which most people regard as 1-2), you go to 4-1 instead. It's tough, and you'll have to face some particularly hard opponents, but this weapon we're harping on about isn't that far into the level, so people often 'go for it' to get a bit of an early boost. Especially if you're a royalty character.

Give us a shout if you want exact details on how to get it, otherwise we'll be quiet and let you potter at your own pace :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• robc84 20 Dec 2013 11:42:45 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Or, to paraphrase Quad - "Fuck World Tendency" :)

Also second what he said about Cling ring. To be honest for most of my first playthrough I was wearing the two rings found in 1-1!

Good luck!
  • dutchspeededup 20 Dec 2013 11:48:22 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fuck it. I'm going to level up and try to find this sweet weapon. Will get stuck in tonight after I put my son to bed.

Will report back tomorrow morning...
  • robc84 20 Dec 2013 11:50:17 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good man. And good luck. The enemies in 4-1 can be tough, but they are beatable :)
  • Moot_Point 20 Dec 2013 11:53:06 4,117 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think you should take your time and not worry about the falchion in 4-1. It is easy to find, IF you know where to look. Knowing the layout of each level is more important. Running through a level you know is better than running round like a headless chicken. /2p

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• quadfather 20 Dec 2013 12:00:17 12,164 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    well, if you're not coming back till tomorrow, here's a basic run down -

1) From the nexus, go to the level 4-1 on the 4th Archstone. The level is called Shrine of Storms

2) soon as you start, you'll see a castle type structure in front of you. Carefully move forward and you'll see a skeleton form in front of you. Don't panic.

3) as you approach the twat, he'll run for you, attacking quite aggressively.

There's 2 choices here. Stand and fight, or run past him. Running past him is the harder choice, because sooner or later, you'll run out of stamina and run into his mate to boot. Likely result? Dead.

To beat these fuckers, you need a 100% physical blocking shield, lock on, and try and backstab them. Careful on your stamina management and these guys can rip through your defense

iirc, there are 6 of these guys that you have to kill. One of them being an archer, the rest melee

After you've done the first one, go through the gate (and immediately look left for an item) and you'll have to fight another one just before some steps

after him there's an archer up the steps on the right, and another melee one to his left

after those, there's 2 more at the top which you can singly pull if you approach slowly

Now while you're in this area with the steps and have got a minute - look left and up. You'l see an area that you can't get to. If you stand where the archer bloke was and look at the area, you'll see a black skeleton and an item on the floor. That's the baby just there.

kill the skellys and go through the fog door (items left and right before the fog door, but watch the 2 skelly archers at the top of the castle) and go left. Hug the left hand wall to avoid the trap and go forward and left. This will take you to the black skeleton.

Which is one of the hardest motherfuckers in the game :)

I'd be tempted to advise you do just run by him and get to the item, spamming the pickup button on your controller. As long as you get the item, bingo.

then you can go where you want

Can't remember exact stats to equip it, but it's worth it's weight in gold to use

• quadfather 20 Dec 2013 12:00:56 12,164 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I say 'basic', but that's just a fucking massive wall of text :)

it'll help though

• robc84 20 Dec 2013 12:03:08 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It took me a few goes but I didn't have massive problems finding the weapon. And was really satisfying when I did it!

Dutch, do whatever you like and let us fight it out between us in here!
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2013 12:05:32 12,164 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @robc84 - fuck you, man :-)

• Moot_Point 20 Dec 2013 12:05:32 4,117 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You forgot to mention the trap. :p

================================================================================

• quadfather 20 Dec 2013 12:06:13 12,164 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Moot_Point - I mentioned the trap dumbass :)

• Moot_Point 20 Dec 2013 12:11:48 4,117 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sorry, I missed that bit having to scroll your wall of text through spoiler tags. :p

• robc84 20 Dec 2013 12:13:44 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Someone has riled Quaddy :)
  • quadfather 20 Dec 2013 12:24:24 12,164 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm hungover and at work. Sorry :)

• Moot_Point 20 Dec 2013 12:52:00 4,117 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I bow to the obsessive Master! ;)

Edited by Moot_Point at 13:29:53 20-12-2013

• SomaticSense 20 Dec 2013 13:40:11 8,351 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It sounds insane, but unequip your weapon for the enemies in 4-1 and punch them to death. It's surprisingly effective. Much more so than using longswords, halberds, etc.

The reason is they are weak to blunt weapons. Of course, if you are already using a blunt weapon then that will be even better.
  • Moot_Point 20 Dec 2013 13:50:35 4,117 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago

• dutchspeededup 21 Dec 2013 09:25:06 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OK. Productive night last night... Wall of text incoming

I put a bunch of souls into levelling up my intelligence and magic. I decided that, before moving on, I would have a go at that red dick. Surprisingly I got him first time. I think perhaps the Royal build makes things a little easy. I'm going to go melee for the next playthrough.

Anyway, I went to 4-1 and found the falchion. The skeletons weren't too bad, although I took my time. I really think the thief ring makes life much easier.

I then rattled through 2-1, which was surprisingly easy. The Armored Spider was not tough. I moved on to 2-2, where I hit a bit of a wall with Flamelurker. However I got him after repeat attempts. I found that rolling away from him (rather than to the side) was the way to go.

Anyway, I'm not sure where to head next. 2-3? 4-1? 1-2? Haven't touched worlds 3 or 5 yet...

Also, I have picked up a bunch of shards. What weapons should I upgrade?

And how would you chaps recommend levelling? At the moment I'm putting a lot into magic (which is around 24) and intelligence to the exclusion of pretty much everything else. Is vitality worth levelling? Luck?

Hoping to get at least one more session in before I head off for Christmas!
  • robc84 21 Dec 2013 09:30:10 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    See moot, told you dutch could do it ;-)

Re where to go now, the world is your oyster! Worlds 3 and 5 are 'interesting'!

Are you doing much melee? If so end and vit are highly recommended. Esp end.
  • dutchspeededup 21 Dec 2013 09:36:21 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alternating between ranged and melee, probably 60/40 in favour of ranged. Will level end and vit a bit too. For the bosses I've been using ranged magic almost entirely.

My only spell at the moment is soul arrow. I think I should branch out.
  • robc84 21 Dec 2013 10:51:21 5,642 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So if you are using ranged magic and crescent falchion, the magic stat is your friend when it comes to extra damage. You'll probably need some intelligence too for spell slots.
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2013 11:00:22 12,164 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @dutchspeededup

Perfect start. Well done

If you're 60/40 ranged and are happy with your endurance and vitality then you could theoretically keep pumping magic. Depends if you want to be a mentalist caster or not

you can go where you want now really. Have a look around. Although the 2-2 boss soul is important. Keep looking around the start of 2-2 (near a lift) to speak to an npc (repeatedly) with that soul in your inventory

• dutchspeededup 21 Dec 2013 11:10:53 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nice. Also, I found a weapon called the Kris blade. I looked it up on the wiki and it sounds pretty sweet.

Should I go with this or the falchion?
  • SomaticSense 21 Dec 2013 11:14:16 8,351 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kris Blade is spectacular for magic builds. Especially if you combine with the magic buffing ring you find later on (Clever Rat's Ring? Can't remember.)
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2013 11:17:02 12,164 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, it's really good for magic chars. You could equip it in your off hand for the magic attack bonus if you don't mind not using a shield

you're going to be a mentalist caster aren't you :)

• Page

of 504 First / Last