Demon's Souls Page 378

• Page

of 504 First / Last

• Widge Moderator 7 Jul 2013 16:57:07 13,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Usually 3 or 4 parts to a world I thought...

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Aretak 7 Jul 2013 17:04:26 10,351 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The first world has four parts. The others are all three.
  • JohnnyIsTruant 7 Jul 2013 18:40:54 57 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is anyone else having issues where the attack button won't register occasionally? Don't think it's the controller as there appear to be no issues with other games. It's got me killed way more often than I'd like.
  • oldschoolsoviet 7 Jul 2013 20:15:39 5,460 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @JohnnyIsTruant

Just start with the obvious: You have enough stamina to attack, yes ?

Downloaded the Plus version, just fired through 1-1 in 40ish minutes, easy when you know how. It does feel soooo clunky now though.
  • quadfather 30 Jul 2013 16:19:04 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    Finished off the Dragon God yesterday. Though I thought all worlds had a 5 level structure (1-1 to 1-5)?

Fucking Maneater is annoying the fuck out of me. Don't have a weapon strong enough to get his health down long enough before a second one comes down. Plus the fucker is always in the air and is never on the ground. Then when there's two down it's chaos. Getting knocked down for the second one to keep attacking me and stop me from recovering. Or knocking me off the runways. I can't deal with it.
    I can help you with this (if you're still at this point). There's two ways to do it

1) Non glitchy

Have a buff on your main weapon (light weapon or the next one up), and 2 hand it. Stick near the brazier as much as you can and go for the first maneaters tail. Keeps him on the ground more.

2) Glitchy

Before going through fog door, equip any bow except the lava bow (knocks him back out of reach) and just shoot him through the door till he's dead. Go through gate and follow the first method above to kill the 2nd one

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 30 Jul 2013 16:21:16 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    1-1 and 2-1 done solo. Poured some sharpstones into a winged spear and hard stone into heater shield.

Did the levels blind as my guide was downstairs, so god knows what I've missed! Going to check it though as I have no idea what a Quality weapon is.

Q: magic builds. Do you pour points into vit? Or focus on Int/Dex/Mag?
    Honestly can't remember about quality.

Magic increases the damage your spells do, Int is like Attunement. I'm not sure whether Dex increases casting speed to be honest. I normally go magic a lot at the start, then alternate between int and vitality till I'm happy, then pour the rest into magic. It's completely OP eventually. I'd use an upgraded crescent falchion too

• quadfather 30 Jul 2013 16:21:51 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JohnnyIsTruant wrote:
    Is anyone else having issues where the attack button won't register occasionally? Don't think it's the controller as there appear to be no issues with other games. It's got me killed way more often than I'd like.
    Is this where you press attack and nothing happens for about 1-2 seconds, and then it finally attacks?

• Dangerous_Dan 30 Jul 2013 19:33:34 2,380 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Widge wrote:
    1-1 and 2-1 done solo. Poured some sharpstones into a winged spear and hard stone into heater shield.

Did the levels blind as my guide was downstairs, so god knows what I've missed! Going to check it though as I have no idea what a Quality weapon is.

Q: magic builds. Do you pour points into vit? Or focus on Int/Dex/Mag?
    Honestly can't remember about quality.

Magic increases the damage your spells do, Int is like Attunement. I'm not sure whether Dex increases casting speed to be honest. I normally go magic a lot at the start, then alternate between int and vitality till I'm happy, then pour the rest into magic. It's completely OP eventually. I'd use an upgraded crescent falchion too
    Dex does not increase casting speed in Demon's. A magic build is very good - All you need is magic. Some intelligence will give additional spell slots and more mana. But you need the right weapon - not every weapon can be upgraded along every path. The crescent upgrade path is the one to go for pure intelligence - very powerful. I'd recommend making a crescent falchion. You can actually find one in 4-1. An excellent weapon.
  • quadfather 31 Jul 2013 08:57:21 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Its *slightly* guarded :)

• Widge Moderator 31 Jul 2013 09:14:37 13,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Next time I find myself on this, I'm going for a 4-1 jaunt.

_ _ _

• quadfather 31 Jul 2013 09:47:14 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can sneak in and nick it without having to fight the guardian. It's a cracking weapon for a magic based char

• Widge Moderator 31 Jul 2013 10:23:04 13,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh yes, I remember... I could do with being equipped with a bow to cheese Vanguard.

_ _ _

• quadfather 31 Jul 2013 10:51:23 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think you can get the composite bow from 4.1 before fighting the vanguard. I think so anyway. Though you'll probably need to bring extra arrows from the nexus with you to finish him off

• Telepathic.Geometry 2 Aug 2013 03:38:07 11,298 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's very easy to lure that dual katana guardian away from the crescent falchion, and after you grab it, you can jump over the edge and leg it straight back to the nexus if ya like. 4-1 is the best place to level up, and get gear in the early game, especially if you're a mage. ^-^

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• TheBlackDog 25 Aug 2013 20:06:44 384 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Shit this is hard ! Just started this (have played Dark Souls a fair bit) and haven't read any wikis or even the manual, I thought it'd be nice to find my way. Now I'm stumped.

Any clues for early on: I'm in the Bora**** Palace or something, after exploring thoroughly, I can go over a bridge/narrow walkway to face a dude with a huge spear who one-shots me, OR, I can get to a dragon who defends a wide bridge (and just around the corner the dragon seems to be sitting with a tentacle thing.

Someone left a helpful message about not going towards the tentacle unless you have a dagger (which I think is a pisstake). Before spear guy, I'm warned not to go that way if I'm just starting.

Seems like the Catacombs all over again (tried too early).

Do I have to go back to the Nexus and try another zone ? Where are the bloody bonfires and how do I level up ??

I do like the feel of Demons though - different but the same somehow.
  • Widge Moderator 25 Aug 2013 22:00:24 13,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You have to progress through 1-1 and cut the chains to the big gate to the castle. There is a chain on each side.

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 25 Aug 2013 22:01:29 13,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think both are in the spiral staircase tower areas that flank each side of the gate.

_ _ _

• TheBlackDog 26 Aug 2013 00:43:25 384 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Widge Cheers Widge. I figured out what you meant after replaying it for a while. Left spear bloke alone and just did the first boss, so I assume it'll be a bit clearer how to progress from here.

Loving it so far - dare I say it, I got a bit fed up with Dark Souls after completing it but I think it'll be good going back to it to do the DLC once I've spent a while in Demons
  • quadfather 26 Aug 2013 14:24:26 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really really ignore red eyed spear guy :)

• gelf 26 Aug 2013 17:45:12 188 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Been playing through this myself for the past week or so. Found the early going much easier then Dark Souls but I think that's through experience of the combat system. Also the fact every boss defeated leads to an  archstone meant I could instantly spend souls that I often lost in Dark.

Challenge has ramped up now though, cant get past the 3-2 boss and anywhere in world 4 with those flying ray thing pisses me right off.
  • Widge Moderator 26 Aug 2013 18:32:46 13,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thief ring for world 4.

_ _ _

• quadfather 27 Aug 2013 10:52:10 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    3-2 boss is a puzzle/challenge rather than a stand up fight. Look at his eyes

• Widge Moderator 27 Aug 2013 10:53:34 13,475 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Weirdest thing, was walking around 1-3 and I got a balder side sword in a drop.

_ _ _

• quadfather 27 Aug 2013 11:01:05 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Stop that :)

• gelf 27 Aug 2013 12:30:35 188 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah yes worked out the thief ring myself last night, still even without the rays bothering me I hate those cliffsides.
  • TheBlackDog 27 Aug 2013 14:06:24 384 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Could some kind soul please recommend a hybrid build for me. I never bothered with a good build in Dark Souls and regret it. Thing is, i don't want to play through loads of times, or find I've wasted items trying different things out.

I would like a build that can do it all I suppose - is there a balance of magic and melée, with a bit of faith thrown in for Second Chance ? I started as Temple Knight and I've only just finished 1-2.

I know I'm going to have to look up where to find stuff based on your recommendation but if you could tell me some weapons and equipment to go with the stats, etc that'd be great.
  • Dangerous_Dan 27 Aug 2013 22:13:28 2,380 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you want to have it easy in New Game then I'd use this -

15 intelligence
    14 strength
    12 dexterity
    10 magic
    16 faith

The rest into vitality and a bit into endurance.

Recommended equipments -

Halberd - start equipment for Temple knights
    Winged Spear - found in 1-2
    Knight sword - buy in 1-3
    Kite shield - found in 3-1
    Crescent Falchion - found in early 4-1
    Compound short bow or at 15 strength Compound long bow for some range if needed - optional.

15 intelligence gives you over 100 mana and 2 magic spell slots.
    This will be very useful for casting second chance and it lets you equip the warding spell (req. 2 slots).
    Warding is incredibly powerful and it doesn't scale with anything so it's at maximum strength at only 10 points in magic.

14 strength and 12 dexterity enable you to wield good weapons as shown in the recommended section.
    You should upgrade all your melee weapons the dragon path (upgrade normal +3 and then start with dragon shards to go down the fire damage path) Those weapons have high damage and don't require scaling from any stat - so you can save those skill points and up your vitality and endurance instead.

10 magic is required to learn spells. Warding is very good, soul ray helps with the boss of 4-3. That's it.
    16 faith gives you 2 faith slots which are required for the second chance miracle.

The crescent falchion is the best weapon for the early game and it's very helpful for world 2 because it deals magic damage. Try to get your hands on it, maybe try a suicide run - your choice.

That's the easy route for Demon's. Dragonstones can be farmed from the big bugs in 2-2.

Cheers. The best thing on PS3 out there.
  • Dangerous_Dan 27 Aug 2013 22:18:17 2,380 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm doing some low level coop and invading at the moment. If anybody wants to do something challenging or needs some help then send me a PM.

At the moment I want to clear the game with a below SL 10 char.
  • TheBlackDog 28 Aug 2013 00:18:42 384 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Dangerous_Dan Cheers for the build suggestion DD - will look at it tomorrow as I'm tired now after having just defeated the Tower Knight !

And when I used to lurk in the Dark Souls thread I was on Xbox so couldn't join you and Puddleduck for some co-op fun, but now I have a PS3 too so I might PM you for some help or co-op as I should be on this most nights for a good while.
  • quadfather 28 Aug 2013 08:37:08 11,992 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd be up for it too if you want a party - anyone add me if they want

Edited by quadfather at 08:38:13 28-08-2013

• Page

of 504 First / Last