Demon's Souls Page 377

• Page

of 471 First / Last

• quadfather 7 Jun 2013 16:17:39 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @f00b_inc - Welcome back :)

As Widge said, Royalty is a good starting point. You can start casting pretty much straight away. Have a play and see what you think

Yup, still got faith

There's millions of things to mention, so I'll not mention anything and wait for the questions :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• PeacockDreams 7 Jun 2013 20:13:17 202 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got into this last night, died a couple of times then it all just clicked.

Ahh man, this is why I love games
  • quadfather 12 Jun 2013 14:23:25 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The click is a special moment :)

• Tuffty 13 Jun 2013 14:32:19 1,392 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have had a horrid time of late, got through 2-1 ok, but then made the awful, awful mistake of immediately venturing too far out into 2-2 after defeating the Armor Spider and dropping down onto that platform with all those souls with no way to return. Had to make the tough decision of just giving up on those souls eventually. Also, 2-2 was freaking impossible. Got up to Flamelurker and I just knew I was underpowered when I was doing so little damage with my spear. But out of sheer determination I kept trying but...nope.

Crestfallen, I tried 3-1 and have made so much more progress as a result. Back in the swing of things again! :D
  • quadfather 14 Jun 2013 13:59:28 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tuffty - glad to see you made some progress! Yeah, 2-2 is tricky if you've not got the right stuff.

4-1 is fairly tricky, but there's some good items in there

crescent falchion for starters - scales well with magic, has mp regen, and hits pretty hard. Though it's guarded :)

• papalazarou 14 Jun 2013 17:15:55 65 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just got my Ps3 last weekend and got a bunch of games downloaded via my PS+ sub, including this. Started it last night as a Knight, and got my backside handed to me to begin with. I'm on Baloteria Castle and am getting to grips with the ripostes. I'm limping around at the minute with not much clue apart from pressing on. Anything at this (very) early stage I should be doing?

I do have one query. On the tutorial level I met the boss, died instantly and ended up in the Nexus. Did I miss any goodies by not defeating the boss, and can I get back to that area?

Ta
    Dan
  • quadfather 14 Jun 2013 17:43:50 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @papalazarou - you can't get back to the tutorial area but don't worry, the only things you could have got by surviving is stuff that you'll find in the main game anyway.

Main tips

Shield up ( unless you're attempting a backstab)
    Lock on to standard enemies and let them hit your shield before you attack
    Endurance is a vital statistic to upgrade. It governs how much stamina you have which constantly gets depleted by attacking, blocking and running. You can't have enough endurance
    Search 1-1 (boleteria ) thoroughly. Do not leave there till you find 2 rings that are extremely useful
    Don't pull loads of monsters at once. Demons souls monsters are at least as hard as you are and if you get cocky you will die. A lot.
    Dying is not a bad thing. Use it to learn why you died.
    Once you have completed 1-1 the game opens up a lot and you can go to a lot of places

• quadfather 14 Jun 2013 17:46:26 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also, as a knight, if you are wearing all your armour the chances are you'll be about as fast as a snail. Try rolling around and make a note of the speed you're rolling. Now take off all your armour and roll again. See the difference? A lot of the time, being nimble and avoiding attacks helps keep you alive more

• papalazarou 15 Jun 2013 12:06:20 65 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for the tips :-)
  • quadfather 15 Jun 2013 12:27:02 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @papalazarou - no problem. Always happy to answer questions. Have fun!

• Widge Moderator 15 Jun 2013 17:18:54 12,595 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @papalazarou

I tend not to parry. Don't like the risk of losing hp. I am just starting again and plan on getting back to to the Nexus with the 1000 souls to grab me the heater shield. Should let me take 100% damage from attacks and was how I spent a majority of Dark Souls!

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deleted user 15 June 2013 17:41:24
    Dark souls is far better game imo. That is all. :)
  • Dangerous_Dan 15 Jun 2013 18:32:07 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No it's not. !!!!
  • Deleted user 15 June 2013 18:39:03
    Ooooh yes it is.
  • Dangerous_Dan 15 Jun 2013 18:55:34 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rrrrreally?

I could do some nit-picking and ask you -

Have you finished Dark Souls already? - It falls off a cliff in the second half! (it actually really does, yet still great)

Have you even played Demon's Souls??

...But that would be childish.

So, I'll stick with -

No, it's not. I am awesome, that's why.
  • Deleted user 15 June 2013 19:04:36
    I'm getting nearer the end to dark souls, I got about half way into demon souls and it was being rubbish to the player just for the sake of it.

It might be because I find dark way easier than demon.
  • lukejones 15 Jun 2013 19:09:37 401 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Having completed Dark Souls, then Demonís Souls, I can categorically state that Dark Souls is a better game. But thatís because itís a newer, and more refined.
  • Dangerous_Dan 15 Jun 2013 19:09:37 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think that if you give it another chance after Dark you may gonna find it to have become quite a different beast. And more importantly you'll see the light... aka Demon's Souls.
  • Dangerous_Dan 15 Jun 2013 19:14:17 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I guess, for me it's two things - First of all, I prefer the darker atmosphere in Demon's Souls and secondly - I played it before Dark Souls, so it had a stronger impact.

Demon's Souls - Wow!
    Dark Souls - Wow... again.
  • quadfather 15 Jun 2013 19:15:41 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Have to agree with Dan here. Demons souls has the edge

• quadfather 15 Jun 2013 19:15:53 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted

• Widge Moderator 15 Jun 2013 22:09:07 12,595 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dark Souls connected world is just stunning though...

_ _ _

• Widge Moderator 15 Jun 2013 22:10:05 12,595 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My only gripe is having to eternally go round with the cling ring on in demons!

_ _ _

• Bremenacht 15 Jun 2013 22:15:17 15,753 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    I guess, for me it's two things - First of all, I prefer the darker atmosphere in Demon's Souls and secondly - I played it before Dark Souls, so it had a stronger impact.

Demon's Souls - Wow!
    Dark Souls - Wow... again.
    I played Demon's Souls first, but I think Dark Souls is better simply because it's easier to get understand and get into. Demon's Souls is a bit confusing. There's bits of Demon's Souls which have much greater impact though, individually. No-one forgets the REK, once met, for example. Better intro vid too.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• quadfather 16 Jun 2013 15:03:05 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just prefer demon's because there's no balder side sword to worry about :)

Though saying that, as it doesn't drop for me in dark I guess it doesn't matter anyway :-D

• Sharzam 16 Jun 2013 20:40:53 2,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Why is it I find I play more demon souls than dark souls?

Got demon souls when I first got a ps3 and put a few hours in, then sold it when dark souls came out and didn't really touch it.† Now with plus I returned to it.

Worth noting never got far with either of them so must just be a feel thing.

Edited by Sharzam at 20:41:32 16-06-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• quadfather 17 Jun 2013 11:14:21 10,547 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm the same I think. I prefer demon's atmosphere. Absolutely love dark to bits, but it's demon's for me, mainly for

fps/fluidity
    atmosphere
    played it before dark

• Widge Moderator 29 Jun 2013 12:36:22 12,595 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    1-1 and 2-1 done solo. Poured some sharpstones into a winged spear and hard stone into heater shield.

Did the levels blind as my guide was downstairs, so god knows what I've missed! Going to check it though as I have no idea what a Quality weapon is.

Q: magic builds. Do you pour points into vit? Or focus on Int/Dex/Mag?

_ _ _

• Tuffty 5 Jul 2013 11:44:03 1,392 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished off the Dragon God yesterday. Though I thought all worlds had a 5 level structure (1-1 to 1-5)?

Fucking Maneater is annoying the fuck out of me. Don't have a weapon strong enough to get his health down long enough before a second one comes down. Plus the fucker is always in the air and is never on the ground. Then when there's two down it's chaos. Getting knocked down for the second one to keep attacking me and stop me from recovering. Or knocking me off the runways. I can't deal with it.
  • Page

of 471 First / Last