Demon's Souls Page 375

• Page

of 501 First / Last

• greg_wha 2 Apr 2013 11:51:08 189 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Quick newbie question, when is it safe to Quit the game? After touching an Archstone?
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 12:19:47
    That's a safe place. Also, after a boss or in a pre-visited area is also safe. Beware that some bad guys may track you down/follow you but I don't remember that being an issue.
  • dominalien 2 Apr 2013 13:30:37 6,821 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can quit the game at any time; it saves your progress constantly. Enter the inventory and you'll see the pulsing souls symbol in a corner, it means it's just saved.

PSN: DonOsito

• FuzzyDuck 12 Apr 2013 10:32:01 3,890 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @greg_wha

Welcome to the dark, um I mean demon side! :D

After an Xbox shaped break from this, I stuck it on this morning to get going with it again - Flamelurker and Dragon God down. In fact, I felt the Dragon God was the easiest boss battle I've ever played in the Souls games!

Dunno where to go next, probably hit up either 3-2 or 4-1.
  • Zizoo 12 Apr 2013 10:42:25 8,094 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    5-2 is kicking my ass. First area I have had a genuine problem getting through.

I tried going off the beaten path and was met with a black phantom that destroyed me.
  • dominalien 12 Apr 2013 10:46:45 6,821 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is no beaten path in 5-2. Exploring the entire swamp brings many rewards.

PSN: DonOsito

• quadfather 12 Apr 2013 11:18:23 11,808 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There's kind of a path. Go down from the start so you're at the bottom and go slightly right of the spiky stupid things in the swamp and keep hugging the right hand wall till you have to go slightly left. Be careful here because there's a giant depraved one. But you can get by without alerting it. Hug the wall right till you get to the fog door. That's part one.

Part two is up to you - you can either go all along the walkway at the top (watch the mozzies and the traps with depraved ones) till you can spot a depraved shaman in the swamp at the bottom. Behind him is the next fog door. Or you can jump off the walkway and head towards the shaman via the swamp.

Part 3 is the shanty town part of it which leads to the boss, but don't go to boss until you have explored the town, because that's where the shortcut is that you can only open from the shanty town side.

then it's fairly easy getting through, once the shortcut is open - no swampness needed

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• BritishBlue1 12 Apr 2013 12:58:12 128 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I hated the swamps, constant poisoning and endless inky black darkness was just depressing to play through. Rushed through as quick as possible, didn't explore and was glad I didn't. The final two bosses were it's one redeeming feature.
  • Zizoo 12 Apr 2013 13:02:56 8,094 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks, quad.

I do want to explore the area, but only once I've taken out the boss.
  • greg_wha 12 Apr 2013 18:01:40 189 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck

Cheers!
  • lukejones 14 Apr 2013 14:18:02 471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Started playing this again, just defeated the Dirty Colossus (this world seems TOO easy so far), I have a few questions, when answering them keep in mind that I still want to be able to fast roll :).

Ė On Dark Souls I used the Chaos BSS, what longsword should I use that has great reach and upgrades?
    Ė I want balanced light armour, whatís the best around?

The armoury is the weakest part of Demonís Souls in my opinion, itís too damn confusing.

Any tips? The Demonís Souls Wikidot sucks.
  • quadfather 14 Apr 2013 14:24:50 11,808 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd go with black leather if you want mobility. If you're casting stuff, mix in the circlet too. If you want souls, mix in the bracelet

I think miralda's armour is a pretty good all rounder. Though it looks terrible imo

Hmm, sword...Are you dex related? (guessing so as you want to roll fast)

The winged spear +7 is a kick ass weapon for reach, but if you specifically want a sword, you could go crescent falchion (not much reach though) or perhaps the dragon long sword for the bss type moveset

• quadfather 14 Apr 2013 14:25:45 11,808 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    or the blueblood sword, thinking about it. Or demonbrandt/soulbrand combined to give you the northern regalia (needs ng+ to make)

• lukejones 14 Apr 2013 15:06:49 471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Iíve just created the Blueblood Sword and the stats are awesome. Need to level dex, magic and faith (4, 8, 7 respectively) and Iíll be sorted for that.

Iím not a magic build, Iím not into all that jazz.
  • tobymesson 23 Apr 2013 08:02:32 15 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tower knight
    Toast
  • Architect_z 1 May 2013 09:27:38 2,374 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is anyone currently playing this. I was wondering if someone could help me with that pesky flamelurker.

Doing a barbarian playthrough. No armour, No shield, No magic.

Awesome

Edited by Architect_z at 09:28:37 01-05-2013
  • King_Edward 1 May 2013 09:49:11 11,454 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Isn't the point of such a playthrough to do it on your own?

I have a SL45ish magic/dex character I'm currently playing through with. Any help?
  • Architect_z 1 May 2013 10:07:28 2,374 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I first played demons souls when the PS3 network was down, and my computer was on the blink, I was completley in the dark and played the whole game through without being able to summon phantoms or see messages etc. I had my un with that.
    This time around I'm making a build, and the Flamelurker is very hard.
  • Architect_z 1 May 2013 10:08:35 2,374 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @King_Edward - I'll check my SL, not sure what I currently am. Magic/Dex sounds helpful. Whats your PSN ID?
  • King_Edward 1 May 2013 12:51:43 11,454 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EDDY-THE-ED. It's my first magic build so it's a bit of a mess, but I'm willing to soak up a little pressure for you if I can.
  • SomaticSense 1 May 2013 13:13:09 7,919 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @greg_wha

Welcome to the dark, um I mean demon side! :D

After an Xbox shaped break from this, I stuck it on this morning to get going with it again - Flamelurker and Dragon God down. In fact, I felt the Dragon God was the easiest boss battle I've ever played in the Souls games!

Dunno where to go next, probably hit up either 3-2 or 4-1.
    Yeah, DG is a huge relief after the utter cunt Flamelurker. Although he's still not as easy as the Storm King or Moonlight Butterfly. I found the stealth a little inconsistent.
  • Widge Moderator 1 May 2013 13:19:22 13,243 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Interestingly, I had a helper for flamelurker, so he was done on attempt 1.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Architect_z 2 May 2013 09:41:21 2,374 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I actually beat him on my first attempt. lol

I was so worried because it took me a good 20/30 attempts of my first playthrough.
  • lukejones 12 May 2013 18:30:39 471 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Completed Demonís Souls this morning. Have to say Iím totally underwhelmed by it compared to Dark Souls. It wasnít challenging at all. Iím not sure I died on any bosses, only trouble was really caused by them golden skeletons and storm beasts and black phantoms.

Itís still an amazing game, but the story wasnít a patch on Dark Souls.

Edited by lukejones at 18:31:12 12-05-2013
  • Widge Moderator 13 May 2013 10:38:52 13,243 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm teetering on selling my USA Deluxe edition on ebay for profits and lols with this popping up on PSN+. Fancy re-rolling my character and having a handy booklet isn't the be all of hanging onto the box. I'm not a zealous collector.

_ _ _

• Tuffty 13 May 2013 13:43:56 1,499 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been toying with the idea of getting a PS3 for cheap considering all the exclusive games that are out for it which I want to play. Demon's Souls being on the top of the list. I decided against it considering that the PS4 will be out later in the year and would save for that instead. But sadly it doesn't have true backwards compatibility so I can't play PS3 games on it, but the lure of a new console is very tempting.

Now I hear this will be free on PS Plus in June and the urge to buy a PS3 has rekindled my interest all over again. Somebody give me a good reason why I shouldn't buy one now!!
  • Widge Moderator 13 May 2013 13:45:00 13,243 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It gives you cancer.

_ _ _

• JonFE 13 May 2013 14:26:27 1,433 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Tuffty

If you can afford it, then go for it. As you say, you are already interested in some of its exclusive games and it is sensible to assume that it will take some time until the PS4 (or the next Xbox for that matter) really takes off. So, why not take advantage of PS3 current healthy library of exclusives and invest in a next-gen console once the dust settles a bit?

/is not really helping :cool:

Edited by JonFE at 14:27:51 13-05-2013
  • FuzzyDuck 14 May 2013 04:26:12 3,890 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tuffty

Go for it!

I recently went the opposite direction and bought a 360 to catch up on exclusives I've missed (primarily Trials Evo and Bayonetta*), but if I'm honest, the backlog that's resulted from picking up loads of 360 titles on the cheap means I'm probably set for at least a year into the new gen!

You could probably have the Uncharted trilogy for about 25 quid, 3D Dot GAme Heroes is worth a go, Valkyria Chronicles, Wipeout HD, etc. Tonnes of content with them. There's also a smattering of HD collections to be had!

On the whole I'd probably say I prefer Dark Souls to Demon's, but it's still one of this gen's must play games.

So erm, yeah, don't buy a PS3! :D

*I know it's a multiplat, but the PS3 port is so bad it may as well be an Xbox exclusive
  • Telepathic.Geometry 14 May 2013 07:57:07 11,262 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's no right way to go exactly, but going straight into the middle of that triple giant depraved party is absolute suicide. They're on an island, and you'd need to be ridiculously over-leveled to even think about taking them on in a fair fight.

I made that mistake once. Glass cannon vs 2 giant depraved = doable, barely.

Glass cannon mage vs 3 giant depraved + swamp = guaranteed anal fist rape.

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• Page

of 501 First / Last