Demon's Souls Page 374

• Page

of 507 First / Last

• Deleted user 6 March 2013 14:27:26
    The weapons and armour in this game arenít very good. Itís all very confusing.

@FourSevenZero I havenít even touched that area yet. Going to try it soon though, I need to get some stuff under my belt.
  • Bremenacht 6 Mar 2013 21:21:13 19,647 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    1-4 done, and that pesky WT gate opened! Hurrah! Nice little nasty NPC inside. Trying to think of what other WT bits I should run off and do now.

Final bit open too. Ooer. Can I level up still, or will attempting to speak to the Maiden trigger something?
  • puddleduck 6 Mar 2013 21:56:58 1,854 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think you can keep levelling unless you go down the hole... maybe. Don't quote me. Basically, this post was really unhelpful... but well done Bremenacht! :)
  • onestepfromlost 6 Mar 2013 23:35:45 2,117 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok world 2 and 3 cleared including WT bits, up to 1-4 and time to venture into worlds 4 and 5 and soul level 57. Can i add friends thrugh thte guide button without going back to the dash on ps3? im never sure i figure i should add some of you for coop times perhaps. (even though im usually in soul form) PSN Gragan

Nm pressing the guide button answered my question maybe i should drink and play DS :p

Edited by onestepfromlost at 23:36:41 06-03-2013
  • Deleted user 6 March 2013 23:42:56
    How do I get White World Tendency in World 1? When I had the North American game when it first came out, I got into the little locked area within a few hours... Iím on 1-4 and still donít have White Tendency... This is so damn confusing.
  • onestepfromlost 6 Mar 2013 23:58:46 2,117 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    you may be unable to get it in world one now like the others have said earlier, playing offline seems to be one method. the way ive been doing it is. I have only really been playing when i have enough time to kill two bosses at one session. For example i log in to server which sets the world tendancy to usually just into white. I would then say kill world 1-1 boss then kill myself in nexus, kill world 1-2 boss. this takes my WT wo pure white in world 1, now as long as i dont go back to title and log back in the server shouldnt reset it. i then did the Wt stuff in 1-1 cant rememebr if there is any in 1-2 and i dont think there are any in 1-3 and 1-4. does this make any sense?

EDIT: basically killing any two bosses in a world will take that world to pure white generally. for 3 i killed 3-1 boss, then went away then came back did 3-2 and 3-3 together then went back and got the WT stuff from 3-2 then 3-1.

Edited by onestepfromlost at 00:00:37 07-03-2013
  • FourSevenZero 7 Mar 2013 08:47:54 82 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    1-4 done, and that pesky WT gate opened! Hurrah! Nice little nasty NPC inside. Trying to think of what other WT bits I should run off and do now.

Final bit open too. Ooer. Can I level up still, or will attempting to speak to the Maiden trigger something?
    Probably too late now, but if you talk to her now she'll take you down. So no more levelling up, you can level weapons, farm mats, buy arrows etc. but basically your done :)
  • Dangerous_Dan 7 Mar 2013 09:06:39 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    lukejones wrote:
    How do I get White World Tendency in World 1? When I had the North American game when it first came out, I got into the little locked area within a few hours... Iím on 1-4 and still donít have White Tendency... This is so damn confusing.
    Every time you log in to the server, your WT gets set to the server standards, whatever they may be (usually somewhere in the white spectrum).
    If you want Pure White World Tendency then you should not log in to the server as long as you work on getting a world to PWWT.
  • quadfather 7 Mar 2013 09:41:18 13,356 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Told everyone it was confusing. Did they listen to me? Did they buggery :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Deleted user 7 March 2013 09:46:32
    Thanks for the help.

Is there a good way to farm shardstones? I want to get a Longsword +10 so I can upgrade it with a Demonís Soul and theyíre difficult to find.
  • quadfather 7 Mar 2013 09:54:13 13,356 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sharpstone, or hardstone? Sharpstone is 2-x, and hardstone is generally 1-1, 1-2 (Off the hoplite things)

• Dangerous_Dan 7 Mar 2013 10:02:16 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Small shards and large shards (sharpstone or hardstone) you can buy in 2-1 and large ones in 2-2 as well. Chunks you can gather in 2-2, the pit with the many lizards. Get WT to pure black and farm more from the pick axe imps mining in the cave. Ah what the hell, have a look at the Farming page - it's more detailed.
  • Dangerous_Dan 7 Mar 2013 10:03:15 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Told everyone it was confusing. Did they listen to me? Did they buggery :)
    They all have to make their own mistakes ;)
  • Bremenacht 7 Mar 2013 11:55:28 19,647 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    We were confused!

I think those tips to kill yourself in the Nexus and play completely off-line are the best, non-spoilery tips for doing any WT stuff, but then you miss out on the interactive stuff with ghosts and phantoms and invasions and messaging.

Harsh choice: you play interactively, or you do WT stuff - it's too hard to do both.
  • quadfather 7 Mar 2013 12:01:48 13,356 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    yup, it's either go for it online and not give a toss, or play offline, kill yourself in nexus and carefully explore the changes

thing is, I *still* can't get the door to open half the time, even playing offline :?

• FourSevenZero 8 Mar 2013 10:01:13 82 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I levelled up a bit last night and I'd totally lost track of my soul level as I'm actually SL48 now, not sure when I did that but whatever, woo hoo! and I made it through world 5 at last, so close to getting BBS! Struggling to kill BP Vinland though I'm doing practically no damage to him! So 3-1 or 2-2 for Flamelurker next o_O
  • onestepfromlost 16 Mar 2013 21:40:58 2,117 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    urg 4-2 and 5-2 are doing my head in, not being able to roll in the swamp is doing my nut.
  • FourSevenZero 20 Mar 2013 15:22:34 82 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeh, 5-2 is by far the worst a horrible level and 4-2 used to give me trouble but incredibly I didn't die at all this time.

Now I've just got a few loose ends to tie up then it's on to the final fight :)
  • onestepfromlost 20 Mar 2013 19:45:55 2,117 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    yeah i finally managed to hammer through them, 4-2 became a bit more managable after i got used to dealing with the reapers. just got allant to do but he keeps kicking my ass! :p
  • King_Edward 23 Mar 2013 14:22:29 11,471 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I lent Dark Souls to a friend so now I'm back on this after a long hiatus, and it's kicking my arse all over again. :)

Going for a quick Dex/Mag build, which I always struggle with, but I've been a knight for too long, I wanna try something else.

Anyway, done Phalanx, Tower Knight, The Adjudicator, and Leechmonger. Now I feel a bit stuck in the Tower of Latria. The big arrow catapult thing got me. I'm sure there's a way around the back but I can't remember where.
  • onestepfromlost 23 Mar 2013 14:31:29 2,117 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Won't give it away but there's something you get near the arrow thing that will allow you to get behind
  • King_Edward 23 Mar 2013 15:27:12 11,471 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thank you. Didn't even notice picking that up.
  • FourSevenZero 23 Mar 2013 21:12:57 82 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well I completed my new play through, pretty pleased with how it went and thoroughly enjoyed it. Took down Allant 1st go too which was a shocker and really chuffed with that :D A funny thing I'd never noticed before in the lift up to him is the dregling turning a little handle to control it, a nice touch and explains why it moves so slowly :)

I loaded up my other character in Ng+ and checked my stats in the pantheon, I finished it in 39 hrs with 93 deaths, I'm happy with that! As a bonus I even completed world 5 in Ng+ so that was cool too!

Apologies to @lukejones that we didn't get to coop I always seemed to have missed you by a couple of hours when I went on!

So not a bad nights gaming and loved that play through, I think I might even carry on with the NG+ game as I've only got 3-2 & 1-3 onwards to do now.

Awesome game

Umbasa!
  • puddleduck 23 Mar 2013 22:46:28 1,854 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Found it weird they removed the pantheon style stats from Dark Souls.
  • quadfather 24 Mar 2013 20:55:18 13,356 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Servers are still on tho aren't they?

• FourSevenZero 24 Mar 2013 21:09:27 82 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Servers are still on tho aren't they?
    They sure are I was surprised at how many ghosts there were, loads still playing which is cool.
  • Ziz0u 2 Apr 2013 07:51:56 8,647 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I started playing this again after a year away. I struggled at first to get back into it, but I am actually further than I thought I was and have it in me to finally finish this off.

As far as I can tell I have finished off every area except 5-2, the area(s) after that (5-3, 5-4?), and 1-4.

It's been so long, and the wiki is confusing me. How exactly do I get to 1-4, and is it best left for last?
  • King_Edward 2 Apr 2013 07:59:38 11,471 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely best left for last. I don't remember there being any mystery in getting there though. You beat the guy with the big sword and walk through the fog gate.
  • Ziz0u 2 Apr 2013 08:02:22 8,647 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh. That's strange. I have a vague memory of moving on to 2-1 as I went from area to area and only read that 1-4 existed later on.

I'll leave it for last either way.

5-2 is a bitch btw!
  • greg_wha 2 Apr 2013 11:48:21 192 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just beaten the first boss, not back to work until tomorrow & girlfriend's away in a hotel with work tonight. Happy days.

I've had this sat in my collection next to Dark since a HMV splurge a couple of months ago. Can't believe I slogged through Max Payne, Batman AC & Dishonored before I fired this up.
  • Page

of 507 First / Last