Demon's Souls Page 372

• Page

of 504 First / Last

• FourSevenZero 15 Feb 2013 21:42:15 82 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FourSevenZero wrote:
    I haven't played for a while but I'd still love to finish my NG+ and maybe make a push for the plat (ok maybe not go that far I've still got lots to do!) and wondered if anyone fancied helping me push through a bit as I hit a bit of a wall? Last time I played I accidently hit Biorr vs Penetrator which he didn't appreciate and I had to kill him (oops & gutted) and I really struggled after that. I did help someone through there but couldn't get help myself so I gave up after that mishap!!! :(

I'm on EU and fairly high SL I think 140ish but I'll have to check exactly where I left it. Anyway getting passed The Big P would be a massive help and appreciated but no worries if not, just thought I'd put it out there :)
    Okay so I'm quite a bit higher than I thought SL164 :)
  • Bremenacht 15 Feb 2013 23:51:17 18,324 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How the hell do you get through that gate on the left when you start 1-1? I've read messages saying you need to be pure white WT, which I'm pretty sure I now am - each world is bright white - yet I can't get through. Just now, I noticed a message saying you need to be pure black! What gives?

Finally beat Old Monk!
  • Bremenacht 16 Feb 2013 00:06:14 18,324 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh bugger. Is that it? World 4 done? Blimey - creeping closer to the end game.
  • puddleduck 16 Feb 2013 00:39:59 1,854 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yep, pure white world tendency needed for the gate to open on 1-1. Although I think it also opens with pure black. You get two different NPC's to kill depending... I might be wrong though :/
  • FourSevenZero 16 Feb 2013 00:45:46 82 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I didn't know about pure black, if you've completed world one that should be pure white now, however playing online can cock that up!

I've popped on a few times this evening lots of ghosts but no jolly cooperation :(
  • Bremenacht 16 Feb 2013 01:13:37 18,324 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can't open it at all. Do you get any dialogue? I walk up to the gate, but nothing happens. I've killed a couple of boss demons and the WT thing is about as white as it's ever been. The man in the middle is a bit dull though.
  • FourSevenZero 16 Feb 2013 02:02:59 82 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The man in the middle is your character tendency which doesn't effect WT events. All I can think of is that your WT has been reset slightly by being online because that gate should open after you've defeated a couple of bosses or so, sorry :(
  • quadfather 16 Feb 2013 10:21:53 12,159 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The gate opens at pure black and pure white.

But even if you're world looks pure white, if you're playing online, you'll be picking up the server world tendency which is normally "a bit white", instead of pure white

If you play offline, it might open straight away.

Play offline for a minute and check how white it is, and check the gate. If it's open, yay, if not, you'll have to shift world 1's tendency a bit more white (by killing bosses or killing invaders / black phantoms)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Bremenacht 16 Feb 2013 14:07:37 18,324 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I gave that a go (ethernet pulled) and no joy. I've fucked something up, I'm sure of it. When I first started playing it, I followed the advice on the ground like a mug, and killed various people. I also killed a merchant in the Valley by accident.

I checked a Wiki for info on WT and it shoed screenshots which match what I'm seeing, with the exception of Shrine of Storms - the little egg-shaped crystal thingie is a bit darker there. It's not shining in the Nexus either. Do they all have to be shining? Maybe that's the problem. I've been checking out other levels I've done and I'm guessing certain things cannot be done until I'm PW or PB: lots of loot in various cells in Latria for example. Plus that blue bloke who's always moaning.

This is the sort of thing that narked me in Dark Souls - meeting NPCs in the wrong order or at the wrong time and buggering up events. I don't think I managed to follow a single storyline through in Dark Souls because I didn't do things the 'right' way. How the hell can you ever know the right way without getting someone to tell you (and effectively spoil) the right way, or by looking up guides? Admittedly Demon's Souls has a less of that sort of thing, but all the same. Then again, maybe that's why NG exists.. :-)

I've not finished the Valley yet, so maybe if I stay offline until that boss is done, I can get PW? I also read a tip in that Wiki to kill your body form in the Nexus to avoid moving to PB, so I've done that.

Edited by Bremenacht at 14:10:40 16-02-2013
  • quadfather 16 Feb 2013 15:04:20 12,159 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    if you want to do some of the tendency -

1) The world tendency only affects the current world you;re in. So doing world 1 tendency things only affects that world only.
    2) Be in soul form at all times if you're going for white. Dying in body form shifts you to black. (This is why you suicide in the nexus - that doesn't affect any other worlds tendency)
    3) play offline so you don't inhereit the servers current tendency

It is a ballache, but if you follow the above rules, you should be ok.

Of course, you can ignore it completely if you like and just go mental in each world :p

• Bremenacht 19 Feb 2013 17:58:38 18,324 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers quadfather. I think your point 1 is the key, 'cos I'd done worlds 2 and 4 before I started following points 2 and 3, so I guess that's that - I cannot change them. I've looked up WT events on a Wiki and it does look like something has gone wrong, and that I cannot fix things.

I read about an item I can get on world 3 to release the guy in the cells, but the world has changed (having got through to 3-3) and finishing world 3 appears to have made no difference - I still cannot find that item, even though I've been following points 2 & 3. World 5 I finished last night. The events described in the wiki did not happen, apart from one - I had come across the ladder that led to a particular spear before I'd even read the wiki, and the wiki says it's a PWWT event! Perhaps Umbasa knows what's going on - I don't.

I've sort of given up on that side of things now anyway, as I've just the last bit of W1 to do. I had a few goes this afternoon, and got pasted. Usually by a RK! Maybe a bit more griding for spiderstone is required for my sticky bow. I found out how to quickly grind for souls on 4-2, so I've got my strength up and got a long bow. It's not much better than the sticky short bow, but I like the range. I've only been through to the boss on W1 once and he killed me with some massive AoE type attack, so I plan on staying well out of his way and holy arrowing him to death this time. Fingers crossed. If the RKs etc don't get me first.
  • sid92 19 Feb 2013 21:56:58 609 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This fucking pure bladestone is making me want to self harm, got PBWT about 35 luck for my BBS and i just cant get one ive been at it for about 10 days.
  • quadfather 20 Feb 2013 15:22:28 12,159 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bremenacht - fair enough. I have to admit, I've had random success with world tendency. Sometimes it does what I think it should be doing and other times, it doesn't. I always put it down to me doing something wrong/missing something, but who knows.

don't worry about 1-4 boss - you can arrow him from the fog door without much trouble if you can't be arsed with dealing with him toe-to-toe

If you have a sticky compound long bow +5 with around 30-ish Dex, the RK drop in 2 hits.

Which is useful :)

• quadfather 20 Feb 2013 15:23:00 12,159 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @sid92 - you doing the 4-2 black skelly's?

• Dangerous_Dan 20 Feb 2013 17:50:50 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @sid92 - you doing the 4-2 black skelly's?
    The one in the hidden passage, the others may not work. I did get my pure bladestone from the one in the passage with pure black world tendency. no sword-of-finding just 10 luck and about 50 kills.
  • sid92 20 Feb 2013 20:07:45 609 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes ive been at it since last friday very frustrating. Does anyone have a character anywhere near level 190 with a bramd i could hold, ive fucked up my world tendency no bosses left and im 1 good deed away from PWWT and cant get a summoned. Last weapon for soldiers honor then just pure bladestone and darkmoonstone nearly there.
  • quadfather 22 Feb 2013 13:21:10 12,159 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @sid92 - got it yet? :)

• sid92 22 Feb 2013 15:26:14 609 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No i have sort of give up just for this weekend started a new save on dark souls i just cant stop myself:(
  • onestepfromlost 26 Feb 2013 00:32:28 2,070 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got my DS back tonight. time for me to lose my life :)
  • Bremenacht 26 Feb 2013 01:15:12 18,324 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    don't worry about 1-4 boss - you can arrow him from the fog door without much trouble if you can't be arsed with dealing with him toe-to-toe
    Ha - I've just discovered this! Very useful. I had some rotten arrows which seemed very good against him. I'll have to find where to actually buy them.

Spent about 3 hours trying to kill the damn Blue Dragon. Vast expenditure in arrows.
  • quadfather 26 Feb 2013 08:33:45 12,159 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bremenacht - handy trick isn't it. Quicker than poison cloud too.

Yeah the blue d takes forever. I gave up in the end

@sid - lol, I did the same the other night. Couldn't decide what build to play so deleted one and rolled a thief from scratch :)

• Kami 27 Feb 2013 15:51:51 2,435 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just getting into Demon's Souls after finally running out of things in Dark Souls.

It's just... better. Is it wrong to say Demon's Souls is better? I'm not terribly far in - and for all the talk of how hard it is, I've found myself beating the tutorial boss without any headaches (Picking Royalty with Soul Arrow certainly helps so much!). But it's little things. Climbing over little walls. Luring enemies into traps. Getting ambushed by that executioner woman, kiting her and killing her with no trouble at all. It's Dark Souls, but it just feels like on a grander scale. Sort of like what I hope Dark Souls 2 will be really.

That said, exploding that bug and taking Patches with it was probably not the best idea, might have to replay again... #getoutofthefreakingway #npcsarestupid.

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Dangerous_Dan 27 Feb 2013 16:11:15 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you are not far in and have already met the executioner lady then I presume you play it on pure white world tendency - should be a walk in the park.

And yes, it's better.
    Darker.
  • quadfather 27 Feb 2013 16:28:59 12,159 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Kami - Agreed, I reckon it's better. As well as the points you make and Dan, I also find it feels a bit smoother, and a bit faster. More fluid, if you like.

Some of the level design is fantastic too

• Kami 27 Feb 2013 16:37:32 2,435 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan ; Well, I just sort of went back after the big Phalanx boss (nice to see it's a boss here!) and I noticed the gate that was shut was... open. So I went in, a few red phantom ambushes which were easy enough and then move onward, still curious... giggling? Oh holy mother of, that's a big cleaver! And that's how we were introduced. I don't really get this "tendency" thing yet. I'm just poking about the place.

One thing I took from Dark Souls is to really poke about. Which is what I intend to do!

And it's smoother, sleeker and has a more sort of interesting story. I love Dark Souls so much, but this... after beating the Vanguard demon (just checked the soul!) in the tutorial, you see that huge red demon and it's like, "Oh. My god. Epic. This is just... epic!"

Although probably should have made a female called Rose Tyler in that case, a little bit of, "I have seen this somewhere before, right?"

Still better.

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Dangerous_Dan 27 Feb 2013 16:52:58 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's a kind of magic.

There are the worshippers of faith on one side of the nexus and on the other side are the masters of magic. You'll come around all of them. The one who focus their spirit towards the one outside of them and the ones who focus it inside of each member.

The mythyological stories which are represented in that game are fascinating - they resonate with people because that story is a part of what they are themselves.

A marvelous game.
  • JonFE 27 Feb 2013 16:54:52 1,449 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Since you are on the topic of world tendency, may I ask something: in order for pure white (or black) events to occur, should all of the worlds be pure white (or black) or just the one where the events occur?

For example: I've finished the three bosses of world 2 (armour spider, flamelurker and dragon god). Since I never died in human form there, world 2 should be pure white (seems to be whiter than the rest worlds anyway) and -if so- I should be able to get the dragon bone smasher, but I can't.

I haven't tried off-line yet, but am I right? Should I be able to get it or not?
  • quadfather 27 Feb 2013 17:00:39 12,159 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @JonFE - yup, you're right - you should be able to get it, if you've killed all 3 bosses in that world, and haven't died in human form.

And yes, world tendency affects that world alone

• JonFE 27 Feb 2013 17:06:19 1,449 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @quadfather

Thanks quad - I'll try again off-line tonight :)
  • Dangerous_Dan 27 Feb 2013 17:07:51 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh oh...

Each world has its own WT. One way to make it whiter is to kill a boss (or the dragons in world 1). One way to make it darker is to die in body form.

Neutral is at 0.

Pure White at +3
    +3
    +2
    +1
    Pure Black at -4

So far so good.

Now, the thing is that if you go online then the game sets all the worlds to the server standards, which are usually the average of all WTs of people playing online.

So let's say you start the game and the server sets the WT to +1 for world 1. You play the game and defeat Phalanx. The WT is now +2 (you have to return to the Nexus and come back to the world to take effect though).
    But
    If you now leave the game and reconnect at a later time to the server then your world will be reset to the server standards. Yeah that's Fuck!

So to get pure white world (which you want for dragon bone smasher) it's best to start the game online, set the worlds to something in the white range (which are usually the server standards) and then from there on never go online again after quitting so you won't reset your WTs.
  • Page

of 504 First / Last