Demon's Souls Page 370

• Page

of 471 First / Last

• Dangerous_Dan 6 Feb 2013 14:50:31 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @quadfather In 1-1 there is no primeval demon, never, the colourless thingy is not a drop from a primeval demon in 1-1 but it is an item which is located in the room where miralda spawns on one of the bars in the middle of the shaft. No black world tendency needed because there is no primeval demon.

In 2-1 for exmaple there is a primeval demon which spawns at pure black WT and which drops a colourless thingy.

But again, in 1-1 it's an item just lying around. ;)
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 15:10:28 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sorry - I've turned into a twat again - kept thinking it was a primeval demon in 1-1

:)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 6 Feb 2013 15:16:06 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have seen no twat.
  • FuzzyDuck 6 Feb 2013 16:02:37 3,546 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So I've the intro playing on a loop here, gonna try and start this bugger for the third time. It just hasn't grabbed me like Dark Souls :(
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 16:04:52 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How far have you ever got into it?

• FuzzyDuck 6 Feb 2013 16:37:52 3,546 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Think I've only ever completed 1-1. Just got one-shotted by the giant knight dude in 1-2. Couldn't kill the spider in the mine area either (2-1?).

I know i should stick with it and the rewards will come (I played Dark Souls to Platinum FFS!), so I'm hoping this session grabs me a bit.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 16:55:12 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - that's actually good. If you'd have said "about 5 levels in", I'd have been more surprised.

Took me fecking ages for it to click. I even considering trading it in after trying a few times on 1-1.

It will come, as you say. It's just that annoying starting bit. You'll click when you've got it.

What kind of build have you got?

I can give you some pointers if you want? Speed up that 'clicking' time :)

• FuzzyDuck 6 Feb 2013 17:51:20 3,546 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather Cheers Quaddy! :D

Yeah, I had that lovely Black Phantom edition when it originally released over here and traded it pretty sharpish!

Have a strength/dex chap on the go, currently using a +4 Short Spear. Gonna hazard a guess that I should investigate some sort of ranged weapon too?

Currently stood outside the Tower Knight's foga gate, gonna have a cuppa tea to steady myself first!
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 18:14:02 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - heh, I know that 'psyching yourself up at the fog door' very well :)

Right, well if your at his door, that must mean you've traversed the dragon bridge yes?

If so, did you get the winged spear from the floor near where the dragon flies over?

I'd highly recommend getting that and upgrading that as soon as possible.

Also, you could go to 4:1 and do a suicide run to get the crescent falchion. Swing that baby and you'll catch yourself smiling at how good it is.

I'd say a ranged weapon is as important as a melee weapon personally.

Maybe picking strength or dex instead of both might help. Dex works very well.

Are you going for the towe knights heels to make him fall over?

I'll be quiet now :)

• FuzzyDuck 6 Feb 2013 18:56:30 3,546 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather Cuppa is down and... um, so am I! :(

Got the TK down to about half health with my Short Spear. Did indeed find the Winged Spear, but don't have the resources to currently upgrade it (that was my first plan, seeing as I was a weapon hoarder extrodinaire in DaS :))

Whoring some resources in Stone fang Tunnel at the minute! :D
  • SomaticSense 6 Feb 2013 19:01:54 7,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have to say the I preferred the weapon upgrading much more in DkS.

It's just such a pain in the arse finding the materials in this game. I don't think I've actually had the chance to fully upgrade one single weapon in an entire playthrough. And that's even without the ability to waste the same resources on upgrading armour!
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 19:18:14 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @quadfather Cuppa is down and... um, so am I! :(

Got the TK down to about half health with my Short Spear. Did indeed find the Winged Spear, but don't have the resources to currently upgrade it (that was my first plan, seeing as I was a weapon hoarder extrodinaire in DaS :))

Whoring some resources in Stone fang Tunnel at the minute! :D
    Yup, whore the stones and maybe consider the falchion in 4.1 - you'll be well away. Don't worry aboutwasting stones upgrading the winged spear - its well worth it

Edited by quadfather at 19:18:41 06-02-2013

• SomaticSense 6 Feb 2013 19:27:12 7,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If you didn't know already, go for the TK's head when he collapses. It does a ton more damage.
  • FuzzyDuck 6 Feb 2013 19:56:28 3,546 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whoop! Got the falchion in 4:1 without dying!

@SomaticSense Aye, much prefer the weapon upgrades in DaS, currently going with a dex build on the PtD Editon and pimping my ugigatana out to cut Lordan into ribbons..
  • SomaticSense 6 Feb 2013 20:01:29 7,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You sir, are a man of great taste. The Uchi is my fave weapon of the series. I just wish it was as effective in DeS.
  • quadfather 6 Feb 2013 20:38:55 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Whoop! Got the falchion in 4:1 without dying!

@SomaticSense Aye, much prefer the weapon upgrades in DaS, currently going with a dex build on the PtD Editon and pimping my ugigatana out to cut Lordan into ribbons..
    Nice one! You can use the falchion for a while whilst getting upgrades for your spear.

Not sure about the scaling in dark souls though. I find the scaling works ton better in demons but that's just me.

Anyway, get killing!

• quadfather 6 Feb 2013 20:39:37 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Try two handing the falchion. It rips through stuff

• FuzzyDuck 6 Feb 2013 22:51:52 3,546 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been on this all evening... and the TK is finally down, and the game is off the ground!

Thanks for the advice chaps, yer heads may be wrecked in weeks to come! :D
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 08:56:19 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Been on this all evening... and the TK is finally down, and the game is off the ground!

Thanks for the advice chaps, yer heads may be wrecked in weeks to come! :D
    Hello, I do believe It's clicked :p

What next then? Which world?

One thing I do have to warn you about is when you kill and get the boss soul from 2-2, whatever you do, do NOT consume it!

• SomaticSense 7 Feb 2013 12:34:38 7,047 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also, don't fuck up like I did and die at the same time as killing the Stonefang 3 boss.

It effectively breaks the game.
  • FuzzyDuck 7 Feb 2013 19:08:42 3,546 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    You sir, are a man of great taste. The Uchi is my fave weapon of the series. I just wish it was as effective in DeS.
    Haha, it's bloomin' marvellous, inn't? Had a fire Uchi for the entirety of my NG+ and NG++ playthroughs.

Have to say that enchanted falchion in DaS is erm, magic :D

Took out the Armoured Spider in Stonefang too last night, so that's 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 down. I fear that if this grips me like Dark Souls did (and I managed to clock 10 hours on it yesterday! :o), I might as well cancel my preorder on Metal Gear Rising and buy it on the cheap in the summer.

Anyway, home from work, tea is cooked, feet are up. Guess what I'm at until the small hours?!
  • puddleduck 7 Feb 2013 20:43:57 1,850 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    :) The scaling is definitely handled better in this, but the upgrading was far better in Dark Souls.
  • quadfather 7 Feb 2013 21:45:59 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - give us a shout if you want some coop. Not sure if I've got you added as a friend on psn, but feel free to add me - quaddy456

• FuzzyDuck 7 Feb 2013 22:49:17 3,546 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather

Cheers again Quaddy, will send you a request next time i'm one.

3-1 is a war of attrition! It's worn me down enough to go make peppermint tea!
  • FanBoysSuck 7 Feb 2013 22:56:00 1,384 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've been watching the vegeta complete playthrough with commentary on YouTube. I know I moaned about this quite a bit earlier but I'm tempted to go for a BBS run once I'm done with the last of my dark souls trophies. I'm getting to the point of burnout on dark after doing almost two complete runs in a row with another half to go. I still need souls goodness dammit!

For the emperor!

• quadfather 8 Feb 2013 11:34:32 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - Get back on demon's - it's all fresh again :)

• Bremenacht 9 Feb 2013 00:51:00 15,753 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm picking up on this again after about a year or so away. Any tips for getting back into it?

I think I'd killed a Dragon and a Mantaray thing last time around. Got killed very easily by a kingly chap .

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• quadfather 9 Feb 2013 10:48:51 10,547 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Bremenacht - I always get the crescent falchion from 4.1, then do world 2 for loads of ore whilst deciding what weapon to make. Then once you've done that world, blacksmith ed is ready to make what you want

• Bremenacht 10 Feb 2013 12:32:20 15,753 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok. I must have picked that up first time around, and got it up to +4! My build seems to be dex+vit+luck! I'm seeing a lot of weapons with a penalty. A bit tempting to start again, but I'll persevere - I don't want to waste those 85 hour I'd put in..

Ed won't make bugger all woth having 'cos I'm missing some stones and missing a lot of strength. I need to find a pure blacksomethingstone for the Falchion. I've also got a nice Dragon Long Sword+3.

I tried having a pop at old King Doran on 1-1, and following a handy hint, poison cloud made him give up what he was protecting. Again though, lack of str buggers things up - I've only got 12. 25 luck though! Lucky old me!

On the worlds, it looks like I've unlocked 1-4, but didn't finish it;. 2 is done. I'v only unlocked 3-2. Can't remember what blocked me there. Falling off a lot? I recall it being a scary level - both for heights and things in the dark. 4 is done. On 5, I'm only up to 2. So, somewhat more than half done, it seems.

So, I've tossed a coin and it say to go up to Latria. I'll probably last three rounds and give the swamp a go instead..

PS. How they hell do you regain your soul? I cannot remember.

• Bremenacht 10 Feb 2013 12:39:08 15,753 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    PS. How they hell do you regain your soul? I cannot remember.
    Instructions re-read: don't answer that question. :)

This is why Dark Souls was easier to get into. It's a more helpful game. Dark Souls: helpful. There, I said it!

• Page

of 471 First / Last