Demon's Souls Page 368

• Page

of 506 First / Last

• Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 09:48:50 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't like the moveset of the falchion anymore. You can't push people off a cliff with the push animation and the range is really short. It's a good weapon for flailing around but not very directional.

Maybe I'll try the war pick, don't know yet. Also I'm not happy with my compound long bow, the looks of it. I may gonna do a new char with a compound short bow which I find to look better - also it only requires 12 strength to be wielded with 2 hands.

Another idea I have is to use the Hitless katana. It drains your health every time you hit an enemy but I think I can easily set that off with a faith weapon in my off hand while I two hand the hitless.

So many things to do... ;)
  • quadfather 24 Jan 2013 10:15:31 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - Noooooo, don't start this! It'll make me roll another character because of the 22 strength!!

lol

You could wear the adjudicators shield and/or the regenerator ring with the hiltless.

Actually, I picked up the hiltless last night :)

Can't decide on a weapon at the moment, and how to upgrade it

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 10:26:44 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Haha, yeah it's a vicious circle. The thing is, don't start a new char just yet. If you decide to pump both strength and dexterity to 40 then I think the clearstone weapon path will eventually result in more damage than either sharp or crushing.

So those 22 strength are maybe not a waste.
    And think about the shields, you could use the purple flame shield which is excellent in a NG++ Flamelurker battle.
  • quadfather 24 Jan 2013 10:40:43 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Could do. though clearstone normally only scales c/c, but it might be ok.

quality Guillotine axe could be pretty powerful. Though it's a twat to get it

Yes, I could use a larger shield (noticed I'm getting staggered a lot, even with the heater at +7). Would miss the parry, but I don't actually parry that much anyway I suppose

yup, so many things!

• quadfather 24 Jan 2013 10:46:39 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Or the meat cleaver would be good for strength and dex

• Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 10:47:47 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yep I checked with the stats calculater. It does more damage with quality upgrade than with sharp at strength 40 and dex 40. There you go ;)

Or the meat cleaver, yes.

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 10:48:05 24-01-2013

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 10:48:18 24-01-2013
  • quadfather 24 Jan 2013 11:15:37 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm, interesting indeed.

So I could create a meat cleaver now (got the mats) and then pump both stats whilst collecting clearstone shards for some uber quality something-or-other

• Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 11:17:49 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes you could and in the meantime you can use your sharp weapons.
  • quadfather 24 Jan 2013 11:23:22 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    well, i could create the meat cleaver now, pump str 4 more points and I could use that straight away

• Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 11:53:18 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It's all about your playstyle. In PvE there are no hard restrictions on stats unlike in PvP where you want to get as much bang for your stat points as possible.

I like to be invisible in PvP, that's one of the reasons why I like the dexterity path. Blessed and crescent weapon auras reveal your location.
    That and I like a bow.
    I don't find the tank playstyle that interesting, although because poise is missing it's far less overpowerd than in Dark Souls.
  • quadfather 24 Jan 2013 12:03:29 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, you know I don't pvp at all, so it's pve all the way for me

But I too like a bow :)

Reason I don't mind str at the moment, is that my last 5 characters on dark souls have been dex int or dex faith, so I need a change I think

• quadfather 24 Jan 2013 12:11:12 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Actually, the halberd or the mirdan hammer might suit as well

• Dangerous_Dan 24 Jan 2013 12:23:55 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Try it out, I had similar phases but I always came back to the smaller faster weapons. It's in your nature ;) Some people on the other hand prefer the heavy weapons. Which is fine, I'm not gonna tell them how big of a fool they are :p
  • quadfather 24 Jan 2013 12:32:42 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    lol

I'm just going through all the weapons on the wiki

• quadfather 31 Jan 2013 08:45:01 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right. Sticky bow on +5. It's lethal! Even at long range! Took falchion to +4, much better. Spear on +8. Between these 3 weapons there's not much that doesn't drop quickly. Might get the dragon too, just to round it all off.

Took the spear to tower knight - almost felt sorry for him. Once he fell over it was a 3 shot ko.

Pretty similar with dirty collosus, but switched to falchion for the extra speed.

I think spear for armoured opponents and falchion for flesh.

Now I just need pure darkmoonstone.

Got half of word 1 to do, stormruler, and then its latria all the way

Nice seeing the spear doing over 600 on a riposte on a relatively low level char.

I think I'm more appropriately geared up now Dan :)

• quadfather 31 Jan 2013 08:46:02 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah, forgot about the shield. Got various but sticking to the +8 heater for now for the parry speed

• Dangerous_Dan 31 Jan 2013 09:54:33 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Glad to hear you cut your path through the demons with great ease.
    There is a pure Darkmoonstone drop from a crystal lizard in 4-3 at least sometimes. I think it's better if you take on the one which is better hidden. Both are close together and chances are you only catch one.

Get rid of all equipment and rings which grant you an aura and use the thief ring. Then catch them by surprise.
  • quadfather 31 Jan 2013 10:06:42 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I was at the 4-3 fog door last night, but it was too late, so I left it there. That's the next stop though.

Hate to say it, but it's a bit too easy - It's not taken me long to get what items I need, and now most of the game is done!

Still, I suppose that's what NG+ is for. I might actually survive better this time.

Which reminds me, need to get my spells and miracles sorted now I have a lot of boss souls

• Dangerous_Dan 31 Jan 2013 10:41:16 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather Try pure black world tendency if the game is too easy ;)
    But yes, NG+ should be alright for you now. The game doesn't want you to have a sticky compound long bow +5 that early on. Well, at least farming is more difficult than in Dark Souls where you can buy most of the shards or farm them very easy, except the pure ones.
  • quadfather 31 Jan 2013 10:45:14 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    True. I could do all the white tendency stuff then lean towards black. But I'd rather start the black first and spend the rest of NG getting to white - ng+ in black will be a twat.

It's not so much the difficulty (although that is easier now), it's the fact there's not many levels left to complete - I wish there were loads more

• Dangerous_Dan 31 Jan 2013 10:58:57 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It is small yep. The game will feel longer again at the NG+ where you start to die on a regular basis again. After getting all the special items and armour from the pure white world events I encourage you to go online and do a NG+ with incoming invasions. Keeps things interesting.
  • quadfather 31 Jan 2013 11:53:49 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, that could be a laugh :)

• Dangerous_Dan 1 Feb 2013 13:34:30 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I cleared the game at SL 75 or so. I started the NG+ game and ventured through 1-1. Didn't remember that but the 2 dragons (blue and red were gone. Is that a bug? I assume they wait for me in 1-2 and 1-4 now. Anyway I collected the special ring which grants you more equipment load. Didn't remember that item either. haha

My worlds are now mostly white or pure white from the start. This should make it easier to get the last items which are hidden in the white world tendency areas.

Vitality 30, endurance 20, dexterity 40. I got intelligence now going (3 slots at int 18) and plan on spending points in magic and or some faith next.
  • quadfather 4 Feb 2013 18:11:40 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - similar to my build, but you're further ahead. How did you get on with allant?

I think the dragons shift position based on tendency. I think anyway.

I'll keep an eye out when I'm online, see when you're about

• Dangerous_Dan 4 Feb 2013 19:34:01 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I won't be online much for now, lots of things to do right now. NG+ is very tough, much tougher than NG+ in Dark Souls me thinks. Yeah, thanks for the heads up with the dragons, that must be it.

Allant was very easy, I had pushed my intelligence to 14 and used warding - with that it's a walk in the park in NG. Warding is always strong, it does not scale with magic.

Best levels are 3-2 and 5-2. I like the gloom ;)
  • quadfather 4 Feb 2013 20:08:06 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fair do's. Catch up whenever

Interesting about allant - I always cheesed him, but I'll try warding

Completely agree with you - 3-2 and 5-2 are my favourites too!

• Dangerous_Dan 4 Feb 2013 20:22:30 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I feel kind of lost in those levels, no auto map, losing orientation. If you know some other games, old ones or new ones like that, just point me in that direction :)
  • quadfather 4 Feb 2013 21:41:25 13,143 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    With a medieval twist?

Hmm

Severance: Blade of Darkness is similar in a way - you're pretty much on your own, no map, etc. It's extremely violent, in a funny way, but it's a great romp, none the less, and the levels are quite atmospheric. Still got it somewhere, but it got the arse under XP. Now I'm on Win7, I might see if it works again.

You've got me going now, I'll have to have a serious think about this :)

• dominalien 4 Feb 2013 22:15:40 7,027 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Fair do's. Catch up whenever

Interesting about allant - I always cheesed him, but I'll try warding

Completely agree with you - 3-2 and 5-2 are my favourites too!
    I did Allant by interrupting the casting of his area spell. It becomes an awesome fight then.

Anyway, I can't do Armored Spider with the character I have now (Wanderer, no ranged attack, SL 16, relatively low armour). I breezed through 1-1 and 2-1 only to hit a wall. Kind of lost heart for now... :confused:

PSN: DonOsito

• pepe 4 Feb 2013 22:23:02 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Armored Spider isn't that bad, run up to him as fast as you can while dodging his fireballs as soon as you enter the boss room, put your shield up and block his melee attacks and wait for him to do his "I'm tired" animation and lay down on the floor and go to town. When he get's back up he might do his aoe attack so be ready to run back to the fog gate. Rinse repeat.
  • Page

of 506 First / Last