Demon's Souls Page 363

• Page

of 507 First / Last

• quadfather 6 Nov 2012 09:24:40 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter - that's great progress, especially flamrelurker. Yes, there's lots of stuff in 2-2, and also 2 paths through it. Whatever you do, don't use flamelurkers souls for *anything* except the blacksmith in 2-2

Edited by quadfather at 09:25:06 06-11-2012

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Lotos8ter 6 Nov 2012 17:37:00 2,366 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote: Whatever you do, don't use flamelurkers souls for *anything* except the blacksmith in 2-2
    Oh Shit

/hides fireballs

:-P

EDIT - nvm, getting confused. I was wondering why I was never getting the option to do owt with them at the Blacksmith. Now I know why. Thankfully kept almost all of them - only converted for Warding and my Crystal balls of death.

Edited by Lotos8ter at 17:47:23 06-11-2012

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 6 Nov 2012 18:11:00 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So you've still got it yes?

You have to talk to blacksmith ed about a million times before he accepts it

• Dangerous_Dan 6 Nov 2012 18:14:37 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yep, you have to talk a lot to the blacksmith until he asks for that special soul.
    Warding is very powerful and very useful in the 3-2 boss-battle, if you don't cheese him in some way.

And quaddy is right, there is a long and a short route through 2-2. Explore all the stuff first and then set the gamma level higher so you can learn about the shortcut. That or jump down like a man with only pitch-black darkness beneath you ;)
    The game is so very dark - it's beautiful.
  • quadfather 7 Nov 2012 08:45:23 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Still, now you've done 2-2 and hopefully sorted the blacksmith out, the world's your oyster!

Gamma? Tch, that's for weaklings. I just drop/roll with outstanding precision*

*falls to death

• Dangerous_Dan 7 Nov 2012 09:05:59 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trial and Death - the way it's meant to be played.
  • Lotos8ter 7 Nov 2012 17:16:37 2,366 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This seems to have taken over my life.
    (Halo is still wrapped up)

Getting towards the end now. World 5 was fairly horrible, bloody plague rats and the Boss bodyguard one shotted me with a beautiful parry & riposte. Found him hard work as a Mage, he turtled up and blocked everything I threw at him. I was hoping there might be a way to save Astraea but it seemed not. Felt a bit bad afterwards.

Now on 1.4, had my gear broken again by a black phantom and that spear, had a back-up this time though. Just got to a bit with a huge dragon blocking my path and my arrows do 15 damage a time. I may be here a while...

Fiat Lux

• Dangerous_Dan 7 Nov 2012 19:57:12 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter Sometimes to just run is the way or the warrior ;)
  • Lotos8ter 7 Nov 2012 21:04:44 2,366 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan - thanks :-)

Got to the boss and died. Need to think of my options, he seemed like one of those relentless types, you think they're not looking as you pop a grass and BAM! (said the lady)

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 8 Nov 2012 10:34:42 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    This seems to have taken over my life.
    (Halo is still wrapped up)

Getting towards the end now. World 5 was fairly horrible, bloody plague rats and the Boss bodyguard one shotted me with a beautiful parry & riposte. Found him hard work as a Mage, he turtled up and blocked everything I threw at him. I was hoping there might be a way to save Astraea but it seemed not. Felt a bit bad afterwards.

Now on 1.4, had my gear broken again by a black phantom and that spear, had a back-up this time though. Just got to a bit with a huge dragon blocking my path and my arrows do 15 damage a time. I may be here a while...
    You can't save her, but you can kill her first instead, and that....hang on, what does that do? I can't remember, lol. You can get Garl's armour and shield too - that's the dark silver shield that has the decent magic. Maybe that's the reason to kill her first. Can't remember. Yeah, it's a bit emotional, that bit. Music doesn't help either, along with Garl pleading with you to leave.

You evil bastard :)

That spear that's knackering your armour is the scraping spear - it's a good weapon to forge from a +7 spear imo.

Dragon is optional too.

• quadfather 8 Nov 2012 10:36:56 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    @Dangerous_Dan - thanks :-)

Got to the boss and died. Need to think of my options, he seemed like one of those relentless types, you think they're not looking as you pop a grass and BAM! (said the lady)
    there's two ways, but I bet you won't go for the second way :) -

1) normal melee, and keep out of the range of his shouty explosion - though you can interrupt it if you're quick.
    2) go through the fog gate and immediately stop. I think you can then take 1 single step forward to get him to walk towards you. When he's walked all the way to the top of the steps, he'll turn around. You can now walk (not run) to within targeting distance and cast poison cloud. Wait, then rinse and repeat. Cheap I know, but there it is.

• Lotos8ter 8 Nov 2012 10:48:33 2,366 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather option 2 isn't an option cos i used that soul for the Cure Miracle :-(

I'm struggling on Allant as a mage, he seems resistant to magic and fairly relentless. That AoE spell is massive and he does a grab that lowers your soul level too. I'm doing better than my first few attempts but a fair way from killing him too.

And don't start on that guy behind the Mausoleum door. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 8 Nov 2012 11:13:26 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter - I reckon he's the hardest boss tbh

I guess it's a case of plugging away at his moveset.

What other areas have you got to do? Could always farm to level up a bit more?

Heh, Doran behind the door is tasty isn't he :) There's a sword that you can get from him, and when combined with another particular sword, you can get a unique weapon.

Least you got the mausoleum key - that can be a challenge in itself :)

• quadfather 8 Nov 2012 11:14:05 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In fact, if your magic stat is high enough, doesn't homing soul arrow do enough damage to Allant?

• Lotos8ter 8 Nov 2012 11:36:35 2,366 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Didn't seem to be doing loads, there's an annoying glitch that it fires off before you've properly locked on and ends up missing, especially when he does his 200 yard glide of death. And casting it again can leave you wide open for his other attacks.
    As i say, I haven't got a proper measure of him yet. I've done everything else and I'm SL86 (or is that 85 now? :cry:) so I'll watch a few vids on Youtube and get organised.

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 8 Nov 2012 12:24:59 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    serious tips - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRsCBnuk0Xs

Not so serious tips - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jjOvM5HL3c

• garethcheshire 14 Nov 2012 11:22:04 7 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Would you believe I left this game sitting there, having owned it since its South Korean release? With Dark Souls PTD released, I thought I'd give Demon's Souls a go at long last.

It took me 10 hours to clear 1-1. I love the fact, when compared to most modern (westernised) games that you have to really use your head when approaching any kind of situation. It makes you think about your actions in classic style.

Playing as a Royal.

ONWARDS!

Edited by garethcheshire at 12:11:44 14-11-2012

Edited by garethcheshire at 12:13:33 14-11-2012
  • quadfather 15 Nov 2012 16:12:29 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @garethcheshire - Glad you're enjoying it! It's a fantastic game when it gets it's claws into you. Sounds like you're fairly well addicted as well :)

I've played so much dark souls over time, and still have some dlc to do, but I went back to Demon's last night for a change and absolutely loved it again.

So I reckon I'm going to finish off the dark dlc and then come back to demon's and either carry on with my latest level 20 assassin/dex character, or just simply start again.

So are you in 1-2 now? Royal is a good starting class to get you going too. Highly recommend going to 1-4 and getting a sword not that far in, near a particularly hard bastard skeleton (black robed one) - it'll suit your character down to the ground

• quadfather 16 Nov 2012 08:32:23 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Meant 4-1, not 1-4 for that sword :)

• mrharvest 25 Nov 2012 15:37:03 5,203 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd finished Demon's Souls before but decided to give it another go. I then realised that the game had never made me feel good about myself and promptly quit.
  • Lotos8ter 26 Nov 2012 10:18:22 2,366 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I started again on this with a new character more melee based. Done all World 2, made the Meat Cleaver and really enjoying sending the 4-2 skeletons flying off the cliff. Struggling a bit with Maneater, keep getting knocked off the walkway, I'm starting to get the idea that I should try and get the fight around the brazier thing instead.

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 27 Nov 2012 15:48:31 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter - yup, brazier is definitely easier. Is the meat cleaver enchantable? I'm not sure it is.

You could always cheese the first maneater by shooting arrows at it before you go through the fog door. Cheap, but there you go. Though you can't use a lava bow for that, as it knocks him back out of range

• Dangerous_Dan 27 Nov 2012 16:11:41 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Lotos8ter Warding is really helpful with that fight...
  • Rajin 3 Jan 2013 00:56:28 666 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trying to finish Demon Souls again, and i have to say: The overall boss fights are both more memorable with a varied moveset. I felt that some bosses in Dark souls were to similar.

Demon Souls is a shorter game with fewer bosses(27 vs 17 not counting ordinary dragons and npc's) but if i have to look for memorable bossfights and compare them to Dark Souls i would choose:

Demon Souls: Tower Knight, Old Monk, False King Allant, Maneater, Flamelurker and perhaps Storm King.

Dark Souls PDT: Gwyn(if you don't ruin the fight with parries), Kalameet, Maneater, Smough and Ornstein, Queelaag, Manus, and perhaps Four Kings. Capra Demon.

Trying to do a melee only run, difficult because magic and bows in Demon Souls makes things so much easier. So far i have finished every boss without magic, on some enemies i used a soul arrow though.
  • Dangerous_Dan 3 Jan 2013 06:18:46 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I thought that the Dragon God battle works very well in its own way, compared with the The bed of chaos.
  • dominalien 4 Jan 2013 13:04:09 7,065 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was announced on the US Playstation blog that DS would now be a available digitally over there for $20, which is not particularly noteworthy.

What is significant, however, is that the online servers will now stay alive "indefinitely" in the US, as confirmed in the comments to the article. Nice.

PSN: DonOsito

• spindle9988 4 Jan 2013 15:08:05 3,676 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I heard on facebook this will be on euro psn with servers intact
  • HiddenAway 4 Jan 2013 15:17:24 14,996 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Confirmed for EU PSN on 23rd January 2013

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• quadfather 13 Jan 2013 16:53:20 13,377 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Started a new character last night as loving coming back to this after dark souls. It's so fast.

Not doing as good with parry as my last run though, but its definitely easier.

Can't decide on stats though. Chose a knight for all round average stats to begin with, but still can't decide which way to go. Also accidentally spunked 3k souls at the start pissing around :)

So to veterans, I was thinking of going dex and magic. Reckon that'll work? No idea on weapons as I can't remember! I just remember scaling works better.

Currently 2 handing the crescent falchion

• Dangerous_Dan 14 Jan 2013 06:07:23 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @quadfather The crescent falchion is the way to go for the first part of the game. Dex is a very important stat. It's good for fatal weapons, sharp weapons, tearing weapons and of course sticky bows.

At faith 16 you get 2 miracle slots which will enable you to cast second chance (need soul of maiden astraea) which basically gives you a second chance if you die because it makes you revive on the spot.

Magic is a cool thing but I'd level either magic or dex but not both at the same time. A second magic slot is reached at intelligence 15, I think, which gives you enough slots for the warding spell. That spell is going to greatly protect you from your foes and is not scaling with your magic stat - so very very strong from the get-go.

The bow is a very powerful weapon in PvE, pulling enemies is quite important in that game at low level, more so than in Dark Souls.

The fire sword from 2-2 works wonders in world 4 and is very good at low level.
    In Demon's Souls the best weapons are often the special weapons. Dex/magic hybrid gives you the most options in this game, so the best choice imho. Unless you want to tank then faith and endurance for auto-healing and heavy armour.

It's a more Role-playing game than Dark Souls.
  • Page

of 507 First / Last