Demon's Souls Page 359

• Page

of 507 First / Last

• quadfather 2 May 2012 14:30:59 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    Just did some co-op with the madgod and I need something else besides the rapier. Some enemies like the skeletons are difficult to backstab.

I'll go with 2 magic and 2 faith slots. If I'm farming and need evacuate then I'll be in soul form anyway and if I'm doing co-op or pvp then I'll attune the second chance miracle.
    Fire dragon sword? They don't like fire.

I'll just get enough faith to equip it and see how it works. It's more a utility/comedy spell anyway, but I'm curious as to how the damage scaling works on it, by increasing faith.

Still means I have to do all of world 2 and 4.1 :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Dangerous_Dan 2 May 2012 15:01:13 2,378 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Madgod_Dc - Unfortunately not pure white, one spot below it. I have to use a proper shield though for some enemies.

@quadfather - The fire sword works good on the skeletons, true. We shall see what I'll do next.
  • quadfather 2 May 2012 15:05:27 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nothing wrong with a decent fire sword :-P

• Dangerous_Dan 2 May 2012 22:00:47 2,378 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Touch the demon inside me...
  • quadfather 3 May 2012 08:35:16 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good laugh last night. Not done any demons coop before. Took out the dragon and tower knight. In human form! Rock and roll to risk!

Now the gates open ill sort miralda out and get the blinded armour. Then its world 2 for a shitload of shards

Cheers for your help dcp

• Dangerous_Dan 3 May 2012 11:37:17 2,378 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Highlight for me was surviving long enough with broken equipment (that evil invader! ;) ) until you were summoned.
  • puddleduck 3 May 2012 18:47:05 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bugger, what sort of SL are you guys then, what sort of areas you doing etc? Are the summon points at the start of each level? Quaddy, you can have my binded set to be fair, my male character can't use it anyway :p
  • quadfather 3 May 2012 19:12:41 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've got the gate open now so ill pick it up in a bit (after these beers lol). Not sure about Dan and dcp but I'm only about 20 I think. Only done 1.x and that's only up to tower knight

• puddleduck 3 May 2012 20:08:41 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah k cool. Yeah go do in Miralda then :)I remember finding her incredibly tough last time, this time she was still a bit of a pain in the ass but I lured her to the middle area where the crystal lizard is and just danced around a rock taking her out hit by hit. Wish I'd gone female really as her gear is pretty useful!

I'll be checking back here a bit throughout the evening, so if you fancy trying to co-op The Tower Knight I'll go and stick a summon sign down wherever it is I can first stick one on that level :)

Edited by puddleduck at 20:09:40 03-05-2012
  • puddleduck 3 May 2012 20:21:07 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok cool I'll up my EU copy to SL 25 then. I reckon SL25 is a good number for some co-op anyway as stuff will get challenging pretty quickly :)
  • puddleduck 3 May 2012 20:24:28 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sod it, I'm gonna load it up now and just go through all the -1 levels looking for loot etc... Will be SL25 Quaddy, so just give me a message on here or the console if you want me to go stick a sign down :)

@Madgod_Dc, do I have you on my buddy list?
  • puddleduck 3 May 2012 20:32:34 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BunDerJay... :redface:

About the only place in the world someone managed to take Puddleduck first :(
  • puddleduck 3 May 2012 20:51:02 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok awesome, I can stick a summon sign down at the start of 1-2. So Quaddy when you're about I'm SL24 and ready to do the Tower Knight :)

Should I make sure I have a bow and a load of arrows equipped so we can kill the red dragon from the top of the tower? Or just leave him?
  • puddleduck 3 May 2012 20:53:25 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow! The summon stuff is much more detailed! Actually has the name of the character. multiplayer sessions and a grading system. Well my character is called Brian (don't know why, just seemed like completely the wrong name for him haha).
  • puddleduck 4 May 2012 06:02:35 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well that was a lot of killing haha.

1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1, 4-1, 4-2 all completed. Now a SL 45 Meat Cleaver wielding temple knight called Brian.

Heh, sorry Quad, I'll start another character that will still be around SL20-30 for some co-op with you and DD once he gets his copy. Did keep inviting you to the chat room in case you were available but I guess you were busy :)

Dcp loves to run off :p He went and did the entire start of 2-1 whilst I was sat by the fog gate having taken the lift I'd got working earlier haha
  • Dangerous_Dan 4 May 2012 07:06:45 2,378 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yes DcP is very fast. I think he's not playing this one the first time ;) .
    You cleared about half the game or more in one go there! By that speed you will be in NG+ in no time.
  • quadfather 4 May 2012 08:43:51 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lol how many levels?! Good going!

It's no worries, I can either level mine or start another. Whichever really.

I was on last night but not for long-had a works do so was a bit leathered by the time I got on. Away this weekend but monday onwards ill be up for some jollyness

• puddleduck 4 May 2012 09:40:01 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've left out the fact I also cut both chains and freed Yurt on 3-2 heh.

Got a bit carried away, it's easy to lose your sense of fear when DcP is running off in front of you laying waste to anything that moves with a tiny dagger haha

Gave him all my spiderstone though and of course rated him a deserved S :p Weird that Dark Souls doesn't allow us to check the equivalent of the pantheon. Was cool being able to see which characters I'd completed it with myself already, as well as telling me how many times I'd died etc...

Quaddy, if you do level yours to around SL50 I can turn up at any world at that SL for summons, then we can always start a new batch after these and maybe try and complete it really low level :)

(I'm envisaging a one night run through at some point as low as possible SL wise!)

Anywhere nice for the weekend?

I'm pretty busy until the 21st May as I keep saying, but amazing how I still seem to spend an entire evening doing co-op with one of you haha)
  • quadfather 4 May 2012 12:08:58 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @puddleduck - no problem - I can custom level anything that's required, and then create another char, and another, and another :)

Yup, going to Paris - my wife bought us a eurostar ticket and booked a hotel in Paris for my 40th a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to it quite a lot.

• quadfather 4 May 2012 12:23:29 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers - I can't wait actually - been a pooish kinda week at work, missed out on loads of demon's co-op, so I'll bugger off to france for the weekend and get pissed!

• puddleduck 4 May 2012 17:27:39 1,854 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds nice, have a good one dude :) Au revoir :p
  • quadfather 8 May 2012 08:42:41 13,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good laugh with Dan in 2.1 last night, once I realised my online soul's connection had dropped so frustrating non summons for 20 mins or so!

Obviously, my hiding behind a pillar firing arrows at the spider demon was a tactical strategy and not cheap at all :)

Starting to get a better success rate with backstabs now too.

Not sure why miralda didn't appear for me though. Will have to check tendency

• Page

of 507 First / Last