Goodbye to Pizza Hut? Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• consignia 7 Oct 2008 14:35:18 1,433 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The best pizza in the world is the Salsicce pizza from Vecchia Trattoria in Leatherhead. I literally have one of those every week.
  • Dougs 7 Oct 2008 14:36:29 68,524 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I never order pasta while im out as my mind refuses to believe im getting value for money.

I have pasta as the quick and easy 'fuck theres nothing left in the cupboard' option at home, so i will be buggered if im going to pay a tenner for some penne and a dollop of arriabata.

That noise you heard was me physically transforming into my Dad.

Same here. Despite knowing that it would be far superior to any I could make (or rather, would be if ordered anywhere other than Pizza/pasta Hut).

Pizza Hut pizzas are awful. Doughy, processed rubbish
  • GrandTheftApu 7 Oct 2008 14:40:15 6,119 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone remember the pizzas they did in McDonalds for a while? They were about as appetising as they sound.
  • JYM60 7 Oct 2008 14:42:32 16,859 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GrandTheftApu wrote:
    Anyone remember the pizzas they did in McDonalds for a while? They were about as appetising as they sound.

I can imagine.

They used ketchup, didn't they?

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• nickthegun 7 Oct 2008 14:43:54 60,615 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tried one out of morbid curiosity once.

It was like eating tomato sauce off crunchy plastic. They, amazingly, were more badly cooked than microwave pizzas.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• cubbymoore 7 Oct 2008 14:45:25 36,501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Whose idea was it for Chicago Town to even suggest they put their pizzas in the microwave. The stupidest idea ever.
  • gang_of_bitches 7 Oct 2008 14:46:10 5,637 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Pizza, the most marked up take away food ever, and yet people still seem to buy it. Fucking loons.

Wagon-wheel-sized, freshly made wood-oven pizza for 5 EUR, made by a family from Naples, directly opposite from where I live.

Pizza Hut is of course utter shite.

Wagon Wheels are fucking tiny, I'd have to have at least 8 and I'm fucked if I'm spending 40 EUR on pizza.
  • nickthegun 7 Oct 2008 14:46:53 60,615 posts
    Seen 36 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Whose idea was it for Chicago Town to even suggest they put their pizzas in the microwave. The stupidest idea ever.

Chicago Town Pizza Sandwiches are one of the Student Food greats.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• StarchildHypocrethes 7 Oct 2008 14:47:56 26,153 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I actually really like the pepperoni ones.
  • cubbymoore 7 Oct 2008 14:50:45 36,501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:

But microwaving them is an abomination. When I was a student I tried it out of curiosity and had to throw it away, and then went back to cooking them properly. Which only took an extra five minutes anyway.
  • Fixxxer 7 Oct 2008 15:19:33 1,305 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:

But microwaving them is an abomination. When I was a student I tried it out of curiosity and had to throw it away, and then went back to cooking them properly. Which only took an extra five minutes anyway.

Didn't get an oven in my student halls and therefore Chicago Town was a god send.

Though McCain Micro Pizzas are better.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Oct 2008 16:23:37 25,011 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've worked part time in Pizza Hut for the past 5 years :-O

It's shit.

The markup on price is horrific as well.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• glaeken 7 Oct 2008 16:33:23 11,227 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:

Not at all. Everything should be microwavable. It's the way of the future.
  • ronuds 7 Oct 2008 16:33:46 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If I'm getting take-out pizza, I'd rather have one that looks like and is garbage food. One that looks dressed up and is garbage food scares me. Of course, I have so many pizza delivery places in my area that both Domino's and PH would be the absolute last option.

Pizza Hut pasta just sounds nasty. I guess it can't be all that bad because it's pretty hard to make "bad" pasta, but c'mon.

• Deleted user 7 October 2008 16:34:24
    JYM60 wrote:
    Hello Pasta Hut!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3145545/Pizza-Hut-to-become-Pasta-Hut.html
    The chain, which launched its first restaurant in Britain in 1973, is replacing its pizza-focused menu with a menu consisting mainly of pasta dishes.

This means that as well as the traditional deluxe pizzas, customers will also have the option of ordering more sophisticated dishes such as tomato and mozzarella mezzaluna and prawn and crayfish arrabiata.

The re-branding is part of an 18 million revamp package designed to attract new customers and move it into more upmarket terrain.

As part of the revamp, the chain is temporarily naming 30 of its branches Pasta Hut.

Pizza Hut boss Alasdair Murdoch said: "We've really been on a journey for four or five years, trying to make our food better, offer more variety and quality for the customers.

So basically, Bella Pasta all over again (which is what the Pizzaland chain got shut down in order to finance, essentially, and didn't they do well?)
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Oct 2008 16:37:50 25,011 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The new Pizza Hut pasta actually isn't that bad. It's not that great, mind, but better than it was before. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the salmon one the most.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• pistol 7 Oct 2008 16:39:15 13,019 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    JYM60 wrote:
    Hello Pasta Hut!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3145545/Pizza-Hut-to-become-Pasta-Hut.html
    The chain, which launched its first restaurant in Britain in 1973, is replacing its pizza-focused menu with a menu consisting mainly of pasta dishes.

This means that as well as the traditional deluxe pizzas, customers will also have the option of ordering more sophisticated dishes such as tomato and mozzarella mezzaluna and prawn and crayfish arrabiata.

The re-branding is part of an 18 million revamp package designed to attract new customers and move it into more upmarket terrain.

As part of the revamp, the chain is temporarily naming 30 of its branches Pasta Hut.

Pizza Hut boss Alasdair Murdoch said: "We've really been on a journey for four or five years, trying to make our food better, offer more variety and quality for the customers.

So basically, Bella Pasta all over again (which is what the Pizzaland chain got shut down in order to finance, essentially, and didn't they do well?)

I rarely eat fast food apart from the odd blow-out on a Saturday night, but I had a pretty nice Carbonara in a Bella Pasta in stratford upon avon a few months ago.
  • presh 7 Oct 2008 16:39:53 1,221 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Having thought about this a lot (seriously, and yes, I know I should really be doing other, more interesting things with my time) I can only assume this is a PR stunt.

There just can't possibly be a massive untapped market for pasta. Also, Pizza Hut is a huge global business; changing the branding alone will cost tens of millions.

Also, it's suspicious that the first time they suggested changing the name to this was on April fools day.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Oct 2008 16:41:05 25,011 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They're not changing ALL the stores, just a select few. Our store isn't changing it's name, but all the menu's now say "Pasta Hut" from Monday onwards. And it's only temperary.

• StarchildHypocrethes 7 Oct 2008 16:41:13 26,153 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They need to start delivering from more of their outlets. I like Pizza Hut pizza, but the nearest store to me don't deliver. Well fuck you then!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Oct 2008 16:43:32 38,880 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I went to the local Pizza Hut on Saturday with my wife and a friend, the pizza's were disgustingly greasy. Papa Johns is the champ of pizza!

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• El_MUERkO 7 Oct 2008 16:44:03 17,082 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    reading the op the first thing the popped into my head was ...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nqQh60V48WI
  • presh 7 Oct 2008 16:44:24 1,221 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    They're not changing ALL the stores, just a select few. Our store isn't changing it's name, but all the menu's now say "Pasta Hut" from Monday onwards. And it's only temperary.

So if it's temporary does that mean they'll change it back or come up with a totally new name?

Also, that means then it IS a PR stunt.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Oct 2008 16:46:39 25,011 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh yeah it's definitely a PR stunt. Pretty sure it's only a month or so it's lasting for.

• Agent_Llama 7 Oct 2008 16:48:50 3,367 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pizza Hut... Yuck... Only good for the cheapo buffet at lunchtime when you're hungover as a student. I worked there for a while as a student and the whole place was scummy. I remember serving someone's drink and there was an ant crawling on the drink dispenser, out of view of the customers loitering nearby. But generally, just... no.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• cubbymoore 7 Oct 2008 16:49:11 36,501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not as bad a stunt as when 7/11 changed all their stores to Kwik-E Mart in the ultimate act of irony gone fucked.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Oct 2008 16:51:13 25,011 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Customer once found half of a massive beetle in the salad bar :(

I'd quit in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the tips I make, because of them I only have to work one day a week \o/

• TheSaint 7 Oct 2008 16:59:05 14,634 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The once in a blue moon I want a take away pizza I would go to papa johns or pizza hut.

Dominoes pizzas are cooked on the heat of fire bombed abortion clinics.
  • oceanmotion 7 Oct 2008 17:45:38 16,021 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The thing I don't get about Dominos is how the hell are they still in business, the price of pizza there is ridiculous and people continue to pay it.

I do enjoy a Pizza Hut once in a while but they really are heart killers. 2 slices and I'm done usually. Too salty too, makes you drink like a fish.
  • otto Moderator 7 Oct 2008 17:47:19 49,320 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Load "$" wrote:
    Yeah, Um not to cast dispersions... but I cant really see the average pizza hut visitor asking for a prawn and crayfish arrabiata.
    It's nasturtiums fool!

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Page

of 4 First / Last