Countdown to Unemployment thread Page 80

• Page

of 83 First / Last

• Fab4 24 Feb 2014 11:05:35 5,980 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not sure what the redundancy payment rules are. I definitely know I won't be getting any golden handshake :)
  • Dougs 24 Feb 2014 11:34:04 66,767 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, looks like it:

http://www.kernkamp.nl/en/services/labour-and-employment-law/redundancy-payments-in-the-netherlands/

Sucks big time. What's the job market like where you are?
  • Fab4 24 Feb 2014 11:47:03 5,980 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, i'll probably move back to Belfast after a few months, and start looking for work back in the UK. I've had it with living in a foreign country.
  • Dougs 24 Feb 2014 11:49:55 66,767 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lol, fair enough.
  • Load_2.0 24 Feb 2014 11:52:32 18,958 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My mate got three years on full pay through a combination of Bank and sweet Netherlands benefits.
  • rockavitch 24 Feb 2014 11:54:29 289 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Fab4 Don't bother, sod all here in Belfast either and having to deal with the job centres here is a right pain in the ass. Applied for 13 jobs last fornight and didn't get as much as a rejection reply and they moaned at me for not doing enough, even though only need 6 a fortnight.

Just stay away, stay freeee. Anything there is bound to be better than here.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• Fab4 24 Feb 2014 12:03:45 5,980 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My old mum isn't in the best of health, so going home kills 2 birds with one stone (no household bills). Although, kill might not be the best word to use.

Edit: Just spoke to the other guy who is being made redundant, and he has been getting genned up on the process. He says it will take the dismissal court about 4-6 weeks to come to a decision as to whether we can be sacked, and from that point we have 2 months notice. So I may be able to get up to the 1st June before going on unemployment benefit.

Edited by Fab4 at 12:15:49 24-02-2014
  • rockavitch 24 Feb 2014 12:20:22 289 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hopefully things work out for you. If you do end up back here, judging by experience you should be grand getting something as it's more the low end jobs that are difficult to come by, worse case scenario you'll be in a crap job until something better comes along but beggers can't be choosers as they say.

Hope things on mums side get better too.

Follow me on Twitter @MikeRockavitch ... from a distance of course ... No fat chicks ...

• TVoJ 24 Feb 2014 12:47:45 1,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry to hear that Fab. Looks like I'll be in the dole queue behind you though!

2 weeks ago, a retaining wall between the pub I run and some no mans land collapsed. It's been collapsing for 30 odd years but finally decided to give up the ghost.

It was a 10 foot wall and it came down crashing into the pub and decimating the lovely new smoking shelter I'd built. 250 Tonne of earth came with it. So much weight had crashed into the pub that the extension housing the toilets cracked straight down the middle and has now been deemed 'Unsafe' by a structural engineer.

Unfortunately for me, my business partner and our staff, the building owner didn't have insurance. On this 130 year old pub. That has a collapsing retaining wall out the back. Who nobody know who owns the land. Yeah nice one.

So that leaves me with no pub, 4G of stock, and owed 3G bond which I've just found out the landlords spent.

Thanks a bunch.
  • TVoJ 24 Feb 2014 12:50:39 1,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    on a brighter note.....nobody died :)
  • neilka 24 Feb 2014 14:02:39 15,683 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheWallofJericho
  • Nexus_6 24 Feb 2014 14:13:51 3,876 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hope your smoking shelter construction hadn't undermined the retaining wall....
  • Dirtbox 24 Feb 2014 14:56:15 77,484 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can't get alcohol licensing for structurally unsound and/or uninsured premises.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Jeepers 24 Feb 2014 15:02:50 13,173 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not wanting to be a cunt or anything, but how are you able to operate a pub which is attached to a wall that has been falling down for thirty years and also supports 250 tonnes of earth, which is itself directly next to a smoking shelter which is presumably for public use and NOT have insurance?

Is your bar built on top of WWI land mines as well?
  • Dirtbox 24 Feb 2014 16:38:04 77,484 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A wall falling down can only improve this hovel.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• beastmaster 24 Feb 2014 17:19:40 11,205 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, a friend of mine has just found his job advertised on various job sites. He's asked a friend with similar skills to apply to get the job details to see if it's his.

Turns out it is. He works as a manager in the catering industry. It sounds like a really bobbins area to work.

Also, hope his mate doesn't steal his job.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• TVoJ 24 Feb 2014 18:41:10 1,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Dirtbox

That's a real nice photo. Looks much nicer than the pub it was taken from. Who said that's my joint tho?

Also I have insurance. Contents and liability cover. Down to the owner for buildings insurance. Not having it has proved to be a very costly error.....for the landlady.
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Mar 2014 14:48:30 39,388 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    A colleague in Denmark was fired today due to "organisational changes".

We're all having calls with the director this week and his was the first.

I applied for the team lead position last week...something fucked up is going on!

:/

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Nexus_6 10 Mar 2014 15:05:35 3,876 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Was he 'fired' or was the position made redundant? AFAIK they are 2 different things entirely...
  • Load_2.0 10 Mar 2014 15:08:29 18,958 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

I applied for the team lead position last week...something fucked up is going on!

:/
    Without consulting the forum? I find that difficult to believe.
  • mcmonkeyplc 10 Mar 2014 15:31:44 39,388 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Nexus_6 I don't know yet.

Also I'm not Blizeh. I don't need the forums advice on everything. Just dating...that's how shit I am at that :p

• Rusty_M 3 Apr 2014 21:30:17 4,595 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well in light of my upcoming redundancy later this year, I had my first job interview in years last week.

I know I really shouldn't feel bad about not getting the first job I made a real effort at getting, but it's really got me miffed. I suppose I must have really wanted that job, but let nerves get the better of me a little in the interview. At least they offer feedback, so it'll be useful to see what they say.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• jonsaan 3 Apr 2014 22:22:53 25,326 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In all honesty. I think it's rare that the feedback you'll get is genuinely the reason you didn't get the job.

The people interviewing you just didn't see you as the person they pictured for the role. Sooner or later someone will see that and that's the job you'll get.

Agencies expect feedback, and if the interviewee isn't the right fit, we'll throw up a weakness as the reason. In truth it could be any reason. If we don't want the candidate, they ain't getting the job.

Listen to the reasons given, but don't get hung up on it. Is all I'm trying to say..

FCUTA!

• Rusty_M 4 Apr 2014 07:14:46 4,595 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks.

• Defecationqueen 4 Apr 2014 07:54:02 484 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @Rusty_M

It's not easy being unemployed. Best change your name to rusty_trombone and start selling those for money.
    Of course, I jest. I wish you the very best of luck. Being unemployed is shit due to the lack of money. All the other aspects are great, though.
  • EMarkM 4 Apr 2014 08:01:32 3,173 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rusty_M Good luck with it all.

Rumour has it that we (C**s**re) will get an announcement next week...
  • RedSparrows 4 Apr 2014 10:00:31 22,105 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I once got feedback that said 'you had all the skills we wanted, but we didn't see you as the right fit'.

Nothing I could do.
  • mcmonkeyplc 4 Apr 2014 10:11:25 39,388 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well my director is interviewing other people for it externally but not me. So I guess that means I didn't get it.

It's probably some shit about experience, but I'd love to know for sure.

Anyway, I need more money so I'll be looking elsewhere now as well. Shame cause I like the company.

• Rusty_M 4 Apr 2014 13:32:57 4,595 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    @Rusty_M Good luck with it all.

Rumour has it that we (C**s**re) will get an announcement next week...
    Next week? Our rumour mill is talking about getting no real news until the end of this month. The whole situation is dragging on and getting quite tiring.

• mcmonkeyplc 4 Apr 2014 13:58:49 39,388 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Obvious advise but, if you're waiting to find out if your being made redundant or not I wouldn't wait to start looking, start now and taper off if you survive.

• Page

of 83 First / Last