The Official Family Guy Thread Page 12

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• sirtacos 6 Oct 2010 10:29:22 7,272 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some funny bits during last episode, but it wasn't great.

Family Guy obviously has decent script writers and good dialogue - it's a shame the main characters are so meh. Except for Stewie, Quagmire and Peter, obviously. And Lois.
    As for Brian, he's a decent character but he's starting to get annoying - see Quagmire's rant.

There's more to it than that though... FG just seems out of step with itself lately.
  • mikew1985 6 Oct 2010 10:44:36 12,654 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    American Dad has been waaaaaaaay better than Family guy almost since it started 6 years ago. I still watch and enjoy family guy but for me American Dad is the much more interesting, coherent, funny and plot driven show.
  • Deleted user 9 October 2010 20:42:40
    Ha, always said Brian was the embodiment of EG at times and they nailed it in this episode.
  • ecureuil 11 Oct 2010 14:36:46 76,661 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Great callback joke at the end of the new episode. Well, so long as you're one of those people who liked that episode!
  • Deleted user 25 November 2010 10:48:57
    Post deleted
  • ecureuil 5 Dec 2010 23:43:00 76,661 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watched 'It's a Trap!" (the RotJ episode)

It's decent, as good as the previous Star Wars episode for sure.
  • paul_haine 17 Dec 2010 22:59:13 4,205 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christmas special episode is superb.
  • BillMurray 24 Dec 2010 12:04:12 7,692 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thought the It's a Trap episode was dreadful :\
  • TheSaint 24 Dec 2010 12:05:42 14,272 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It had it's moments but I found Robot Chicken funnier overall.
  • oldschoolsoviet 24 Dec 2010 12:26:20 5,459 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Thought the It's a Trap episode was dreadful :\
    Agreed.
    Empire was hilarious, RoTJ/IAT wasn't anywhere near. So many missed opportunities, especially the suicide A-Wing/SSD scene.

And Klaus as Ackbar ? Guess the "it's a crap cash-cow" spiel on the opening credits was true......
  • Razz 24 Dec 2010 16:37:33 61,003 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I loved the Robot Chicken star wars this year, so funny! :D Favourite scenes, Sith lord going up the escalator, drunk boba fett, and the very best - the petrol station scene. OMG that was awesome! so deep!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Razz 18 Jan 2011 01:32:24 61,003 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This show is truly awful.

• Futaba 18 Jan 2011 02:12:10 3,496 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shame considering it used to be excellent.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• kingnothing12 18 Jan 2011 09:40:26 551 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BBC 3 recently been showing series 1 and 2 when family guy was pure gold, now it's utter tripe and that 'It's a trap' had to be the worst 40 mins of family guy i've ever watched. Can't believe they are charging people 16 to watch that crap, thank god i downloaded it.

Blue Harvest was brilliant the second was meh and the third was just lazy and boring as fuck.
  • cianchristopher 18 Jan 2011 10:10:39 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are you joking? Season 1 & 2 of Family Guy are utterly shit compared to the later seasons. The jokes are tame, the animation is crap, the plots are much more simple and early-Simpsons-esque.

That's like saying that Season 1 & 2 of The Simpsons were the best. No they weren't, it only really got going from Season 3 or 4 onwards. As did Family Guy.
  • graysonavich 18 Jan 2011 10:12:58 7,320 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hahaha no.
  • estoo 18 Jan 2011 10:20:01 2,817 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:
    Are you joking? Season 1 & 2 of Family Guy are utterly shit compared to the later seasons. The jokes are tame, the animation is crap, the plots are much more simple and early-Simpsons-esque.

That's like saying that Season 1 & 2 of The Simpsons were the best. No they weren't, it only really got going from Season 3 or 4 onwards. As did Family Guy.

Couldn't disagree with this more.

Having said that, the last couple of episodes of FG have been a return to form. Peter's first experience of Red Bull last week had me in stitches!
  • kinky_mong 18 Jan 2011 11:29:25 10,107 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:

Wrong. The jokes aren't tame, they're just more subtly offensive than the "CANCERLOL! AIDSLOL! INFANTICIDELOL! RACISMLOL!" that the show has degraded too. Now there's only two or three good episodes in each series whereas for the first three series nearly every episode was great.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Razz 18 Jan 2011 11:32:01 61,003 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Season 1 of Family was the best for me

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Jan 2011 11:34:23 39,412 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    cianchristopher wrote:

Wrong. The jokes aren't tame, they're just more subtly offensive than the "CANCERLOL! AIDSLOL! INFANTICIDELOL! RACISMLOL!" that the show has degraded too. Now there's only two or three good episodes in each series whereas for the first three series nearly every episode was great.

The mong speaks the tooth. American Dad is where the lolz are at now.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• kingnothing12 18 Jan 2011 11:35:32 551 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Family guy has gotten so lazy though, Seth is completely hands off and he is spreading himself way too thin between his other shows and Family guy has suffered for it.

The jokes were alot more subtle but they were clever and felt like they fitted into the arc of the story, now we just get random nonsense, way overlong filler and crap stories, it peaked at four, declined heavily after 5 with some decent episodes in later series.

South Park is a far better and way more consistent show. The animation of series 1-2 never bothers me.

edit: 'Now there's only two or three good episodes in each series whereas for the first three series nearly every episode was great.'

100% this.
  • AlcohollicA 18 Jan 2011 12:38:37 2,355 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cianchristopher wrote:

So much wrongness in one post. FG Seasons (1+2)>3>>4>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

With the odd exception......... Peter on Red Bull made me laugh more than any show has in a while.

Nothing wrong with Season 2 of the Simpsons either.
  • AlcohollicA 18 Jan 2011 12:39:22 2,355 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I find Stewie's character far funnier in the first 3 seasons too.
  • cianchristopher 18 Jan 2011 12:41:45 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I contend that it's just become popular to slag the recent Family Guy seasons, and big up the first few. I can't imagine how anyone could find season 1 or 2 to be funnier than say, 4 or 5.

Seriously, find me an episode from the first two seasons that's as funny as Meet the Quagmires (the Back to the Future one).
  • AlcohollicA 18 Jan 2011 12:44:27 2,355 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was one of the better episodes of the later seasons. Still, I'd say plenty from Seasons 1 and 2 are better.

Episode 2 "I never met the dead man" is one of my favourites.
  • AlcohollicA 18 Jan 2011 12:49:40 2,355 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UK DVD Boxsets for the first 3 seasons then American TV Seasons for the rest. :p
  • El_MUERkO 18 Jan 2011 12:50:02 16,970 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The past two seasons the majority of episodes seem to be 'message' driven like South Park, only not as good.

I still love family guy and it's still one of the funniest shows on TV but it's like the writers think 'with popularity comes responsibility' and it's detracting from the humour.

American Dad started weak but it's last series was far superior to Family Guy, the clone episode caused a nose/liquid-explosion laugh and they are a (thankfully) rare occurrence!
  • Page

of 18 First / Last