Merlin Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • nickthegun 18 Sep 2010 20:08:59 58,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was going to give this another shot but I read an interview with Johnny Capps who said 'the core of the show is arthur not knowing merlin is a wizard and thats probably never going to change' when asked about whether merlins secret will be revealed.

Fuck that, frankly.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 18 September 2010 20:11:38
    This is pretty shit isn't it?
  • magicpanda 18 Sep 2010 20:21:48 13,248 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    "use blunt weapons you idiots".

lol I got a disgusted look and a sigh when I said that.
  • graysonavich 18 Sep 2010 20:27:47 7,309 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Have they found the volume control for the constant music yet?
  • robthehermit 20 Sep 2010 07:36:59 3,966 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Magic Panda wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:
    "use blunt weapons you idiots".

lol I got a disgusted look and a sigh when I said that.

So did I.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Machetazo 3 Nov 2010 12:54:07 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Series 4 announced, for next year. A ten-ep run.
    Ben Stephenson, Controller Drama Commissioning, said, “Merlin continues to perform outstandingly well against X Factor and offers audiences an alternative treat on Saturday nights. I’m pleased to confirm that the magical world of Camelot will be returning next year for a fourth series of this fresh and modern retelling of a classic British legend.”

Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy, executive producers for Shine TV, said, “We are both delighted with the continuing success of Merlin, and relish the chance to take the series to the next level with the long-awaited arrival of the Knights of the Round Table.”
    source.
  • mad_caddy 3 Nov 2010 12:58:23 3,306 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    good stuff, I think this is 100 times better than that robin hood series that was done.
  • billythekid 3 Nov 2010 13:09:29 11,012 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite like Merlin but why is every good episode interspersed with 'Magical creature infiltrates Camelot, dupes Uther/Arthur and Merlin/Gaius save the day.
  • X201 4 Nov 2010 13:23:32 15,124 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ...but Emilia Fox is in it.
  • rare_uk 4 Nov 2010 13:38:22 3,561 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Katie McGrath - Morgana - she is a beaut!!!
  • HiddenAway 5 Dec 2010 00:37:40 14,853 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Take it no-one watched the finale then?

(not really a spoiler but just in case)

Struggled to tie up all the references from the previous series to see where everything was going...

Celebrations when the 4th series was announced - but what would they do next year?!

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Goban 5 Dec 2010 00:46:21 9,051 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Watched the first 2 series, haven't seen any of this one till tonight, good to see its the same ham & cheese fest it was before.
  • mal 5 Dec 2010 03:57:09 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Haven't seen the finale yet, but so far the only decent ep has been episode 5, where it actually took itself seriously for a change, and had a fairly original plot (well, there's a trope for it almost certainly, but it was unusual for saturday night fare).

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• rickalish 5 Dec 2010 04:29:33 1,790 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've watched every episode and think it's superb! Best thing on TV! Shame the series has just ended now, as the plot's really heating up.
  • Machetazo 5 Dec 2010 09:48:25 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:

Celebrations when the 4th series was announced - but what would they do next year?!
    It's my guess that Uther's done. Morgana and Morgause have disappeared, the dragon continues to play a key role and we don't know whether or not it has its own intent to carry out. Another guess is that Merlin's character will evolve next year. I think that with the Knights now in the picture, there's lots of fun and developments yet to come from the series, in 2011.

edit: probably best, overall, to spoiler tag that. ;)
  • HoriZon 5 Dec 2010 12:39:33 13,495 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    I wish they'd hurry up and have Merlin reveal he's a wizard with +5 to spell casting to Arthur. I think I've had enough of him playing the bumbling fool with no magic and now want him to play the bumbling fool with magic.

Anyway was well nice to see The Table, The Excalibur and The STONE.

We have seen Excalibur before Merlin made it with the help of the dragon but Uther got his grubby hands on it so Merlin had to get rid of it in the lake for a while.

I have enjoyed this show yes its very cheesy but its better than Wank-Factor.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• mal 5 Dec 2010 17:52:00 22,332 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    rickalish wrote:
    I've watched every episode and think it's superb! Best thing on TV! Shame the series has just ended now, as the plot's really heating up.
    That's always the way with big BBC1 dramas (yes, I'm looking at you, Ashes to Ashes) - write three or four episodes, then slap a load of plot free rubbish in the middle to fill out the series without upsetting the story you've already written.

Just seen the last episode. Reasonably good. As expected, some plot development, but it was infected by HD-itis a bit much - too many scenes of rolling hills and perfectly evenly lit rooms and filled with some very average performances from pretty much all involved, but perfectly watchable family fare. I will probably watch the next series, if only to hope they come up with another gem like episode 5 was.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• HiddenAway 2 Oct 2011 17:59:57 14,853 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, after the initial confusion of the first 10 minutes, it was all quite dark and grim.

Though very enjoyable grim and darkness. No-one else watched it then? :p

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Machetazo 2 Oct 2011 18:22:36 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd be surprised if, because of the scheduling, it didn't get a bump from Who watchers sticking around - for me that tactic had the opposite effect, and I let it record while my annoyance with the previous show mellowed.
    The big bad for the series may have been revealed and a foil for Merlin, to boot. Morgana's influence on Camelot may increase, and I like what they did, there. Nice that there are effective enemies that work with the darkness well.
  • IMO 6 Oct 2012 20:09:43 5,575 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's like I've walked into a episode of Medieval Smallville. I know it's not really a fair comparison but Game of Thrones makes this look like a high school play.
  • Bremenacht 7 Oct 2012 11:52:25 17,600 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought it was decent enough. I do wonder how much longer they're going to keep this 'useless Merlin' schtick going though.
  • Bremenacht 30 Mar 2013 22:02:22 17,600 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    rare_uk wrote:
    Katie McGrath - Morgana - she is a beaut!!!
    I turned over to C4 about 20 mins ago and the first thing I saw was Morgana, bent over a bed naked, holding on tight as she was splendidly dogged by someone. Long hair flowing, breasts swinging. Irish eyes a smiling. Most unexpected.

John Hurt's in it too. The film I mean - not Morgana.
  • Bremenacht 30 Mar 2013 22:03:07 17,600 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh! It's Labyrinth, btw. An adaption of that rather dull book my Kate Mosse.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next