NHL 09

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 12 September 2008 20:29:49
    Thought it worth a mention that the best sports game on the 360 is out today.

The new 'Be a Pro' mode is especially good, particularly when trying to forge a career as a goalie...
  • y2rich 13 Sep 2008 18:29:57 1,388 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aye the goaltending is awesome. Would like to try out the online be a pro mode but don't want to be stuck with a load of annoying yanks. Any decent british based teams being set up?
  • SomaticSense 13 Sep 2008 18:41:07 7,047 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The best sports game on the 360 is NBA 2K8 I'll have you know. Closely followed of course by NHL 2K8. The EA version really doesn't compare for authenticity.

Why is the new one so shit though? I don't think I'll be getting the update this year at all, and I really hope the new NBA one hasn't gone the same way otherwise I'll probably be hoping 2K get bought out by EA to put me out of my misery. Really disappointed :(
  • the_dan 13 Sep 2008 20:21:35 2 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Last years was brilliant, and i couldnt get into 2k8. This years game feels good, sadly the achievements suck.

Not one single acheivement for Dynasty mode, whats that all about.
  • Anthony_UK 20 Sep 2008 15:00:35 2,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm not a massive fan of the sport, and haven't bought a hockey game since the original xbox, but I picked this up based on the demo. One thing I must say it has to be one of the best sports games I've ever played, despite getting owned something rotten of some of the American players online. Everything just feels 'right' from the great stick based control scheme that actually works for once to the actual skating which does actually feel like skating!

Mix that up with a huge amount of content, 1 v 1, 'be a pro' mode (which has been extended to the point where you can actually create a team and invite players based on there online stats) online leagues, after game highlights which as well as replays can saved and edited, and are then encoded to a movie format which can be watched with the other films you have saved as a highlights reel, or what about using tracks off your harddrive as your teams entrance theme? Or the song when you score a goal? And even there I've probably missed half the features out!

One word.....awesome!

If this is the shape of things to come, FIFA can't come soon enough....

• the_dan 25 Sep 2008 20:29:03 2 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    I still think they should have given players of Dynasty mode more in terms of achievements. Be a pro is fun, but i have grown bored of it already.
  • Aga 26 Sep 2008 11:31:00 2,148 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nhl 04 for me, tried other demos and they were a bit meh

hoping 09 to be better!
  • Darren 29 Sep 2008 13:52:58 8,321 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've always been impressed by the NHL games, especially the last two but the reality is I buy them and then never play them because loads of other games come out straight afterwards. This year I was again impressed by the NHL 09 demo but decided not to buy the game for a change otherwise I'd just be wasting my money. Shame really as it is a good game but, IMO, it comes out at the wrong time of year for me. Ah well.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• uglygamer 28 Jan 2009 16:12:20 11,792 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am not a hockey fan, but I seriously am considering this. Has anyone else enjoyed this but don't really follow the sport?
  • DarthKebab 28 Jan 2009 21:32:32 403 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I haven't played it for a while due to all the other mad xmas rush games coming out, but can thoroughly recommend it, never watched a full game on tv or anything but always loved the games since the megadrive days, it plays very easy and you can put together some fluid moves but scoring is solid, especially after they released a patch to get rid of some goal certanties that could apparently be scored, if you can give it alot of time to get used to it I can totally recommend it along with NBA 2k9
  • Anthony_UK 28 Jan 2009 21:47:53 2,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I too am a Hockey game fan, but not a follower of the actual sport. To be honest I've not actually picked one up since the last 2k one on the original xbox, but this is still the best ice hockey game by far I've played and just a great sports/multiplayer in general!
  • Deleted user 25 June 2009 21:33:38
    Very impressed by the demo, but can you assign buttons as you wish in the full game?
    I liked the NHL 94 control option but would have liked to assign another couple of functions to the other face buttons.
    My buying decision rests on this.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next