Spore Install problems

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • LohanBurger 7 Sep 2008 22:10:09 2 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hi all,

I having some trouble getting Spore to install/work not sure which, and EA have been completely useless so far and after reading a couple of other threads you guys seem to know your stuff!

My PC is above the recommended specs, and drivers ect... are all up to date on my computer. Im installing from a disk rather than EA's download service, which EA cant seem to get their head around!

Currently running Vista 64bit Sp1 (I have a nagging suspicion that Vista 64 will be to root cause of the problem!)

Install completes, tells me Im all ready to go. Then nothing.

I cannot find a link to Spore on the start menu. I have also tried ejecting the disk and re-inserting, at which point im asked is I would like to run the Spore launcher, I say yes, and nothing happens. I've also tried running the launchers straight from the disk changing the compatability mode to XP sp2 and running as an admin, still no luck!

It's all a little bit frustrating!

Thanks in advance!
  • Deleted user 7 September 2008 22:11:10
    Go into Games from the start menu, double-click Spore, wait about 10-15 minutes.

There's an odd bug where it takes ages to startup first time on some systems.
  • FixedInfinity 7 Sep 2008 22:14:23 1,682 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm currently running it on Vista 64 and having no problems.
    Also it probably won't have created a Start Menu folder, instead it'll appear in your Games Explorer.
    If it doesn't appear in there, then it may not have installed fully.

If it does appear, then it may be a firewall or something blocking the naff securom bollocks...
  • DaisyD 7 Sep 2008 22:17:35 11,826 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Both myself and El_MUERkO had install problems, he on his PC and me on my MacBook. We both managed to get it going after the a couple of tries, although I had to restart first. Now I just can't register!
  • LohanBurger 8 Sep 2008 07:17:53 2 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks, spotted it in the games menu literally 2 minutes after posting this. Apologies for the time waste. Off topic, I really dont like Vista!
  • Tiger_Walts 8 Sep 2008 10:08:16 16,607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It wont auto-boot the game from the DVD for me so I have to browse into the install directory and run the binary manually.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• Deleted user 8 September 2008 10:15:36
    It doesn't need the DVD in the drive to play.
  • Tiger_Walts 8 Sep 2008 10:36:26 16,607 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Aha! Well, it didn't create a program folder and I thought the disc would boot it.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• Jess_Renee05 6 Oct 2008 14:13:47 1 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm having the same problem that LohanBurger is having, and I'm about to go nuts. EA is no help at all. I have installed and reinstalled like 4 times and it's the same thing. the game is nowhere to be found and I can't register it! HELP.
  • kalel 6 Oct 2008 14:15:11 88,521 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    It doesn't need the DVD in the drive to play.

Ah, that's good to know. I wish games would tell you this.
  • pjmaybe 6 Oct 2008 14:16:26 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone who uses 64-bit vista for a games machine should pretty much expect stuff like this to happen.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2008 14:17:54
    I don't think any of the EA activation games do. I know Mass Effect and Crysis Warhead don't need the disc in, and they've confirmed RA3 won't need it either.

To be honest, and without wishing to stir up the "OMG DRM IS WORSE THAN HITLER" debate, that's a big plus in my book.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2008 14:19:50
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Anyone who uses 64-bit vista for a games machine should pretty much expect stuff like this to happen.

This isn't anything to do with the OS, though. It's just how the game itself works. Unlike virtually every other game ever, it only puts a shortcut in Games, not in program files or the desktop, plus there's no autorun launcher.
  • ponypowers 27 Apr 2009 00:41:05 1 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have been having the same EXACT problems, and I finally found the program, which of course, only uninstalled it. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and same thing. I didn't get a good report card for nothing!
  • coastal 27 Apr 2009 00:46:16 5,388 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can't delete it, someone help me

:p

bf3: sergeant_shaftoe

• Page

of 1

Previous Next