I have Spore...

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 3 September 2008 15:11:32
    Well lucky me, it was released early in my neck of the woods.

Anybody else got an early release as well?

Still haven't hit the space section, just got into the civilisation mode. Good times.

• GrandTheftApu 3 Sep 2008 15:12:23 6,119 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spore... released... the woods

very droll
  • Deleted user 3 September 2008 15:16:12
    "Spore... released... the woods

very droll"

Me too Slow. Purely meant to convey, that the game was released early in my part of the world :)

• rudedudejude 3 Sep 2008 15:17:40 2,154 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes, I've got an early release and have had so for a few years now. You get used to it though.
  • Tiger_Walts 3 Sep 2008 15:19:30 16,582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Would these woods consist of thousands upon thousands of interconnected computer?

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• mingster 3 Sep 2008 15:22:19 3,270 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To quote the EG review...
    "You can't see Tiger Woods for the trees"
  • X201 3 Sep 2008 15:27:33 15,138 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Adam_T wrote:
    Yes, I've got an early release and have had so for a few years now. You get used to it though.

Mine is earlier than yours :p

;)

• neilka 3 Sep 2008 16:20:38 15,665 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Coincidentally, due to a mixup at Royal Mail my copy of Spore is currently lodged in the neck of James Woods.
  • S.J.Rogers 3 Sep 2008 16:48:45 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MrZ wrote:
    Well lucky me, it was released early in my neck of the woods.

Anybody else got an early release as well?

Still haven't hit the space section, just got into the civilisation mode. Good times.

What is the minimum spec PC it will run on..?

/hugs 2 year old PC...
  • Wyrm 3 Sep 2008 19:38:07 175 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it's very easy, very dumbed down and all the fun is in making your creature. It's one of those games in the Black & White mold in which the idea is more fun than the actual thing. Very cute, initially funny, but it's not that special.
  • Deleted user 4 September 2008 01:47:28
    EA's marketing of this game for the broader market, rather than the hardcore strategy enthusiast might have been a big hint of what to expect. That said, whilst the cell and creature levels are pretty basic, the Civilisation level seems a lot more meaty and from what I gather (havnt played it yet) the space level is quite intense.

What I havnt been able to really get a grip of yet is the enemy computer AI. Im hoping it puts up a challenge, because at the end of the day..this game is a single player game...and I hope it holds a challenge.

Creature / spaceship / house making is a lot of fun to be sure.

Specs not sure, it runs really well on my PC..but its fairly new with Core 2 duo, 8800gts etc.

• Studdart 5 Sep 2008 14:00:32 1 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I personally think that the Civilisation stage is the biggest let down, very impressed with all stages prior to it, and enjoyed them all, Civilisation is just a case of building as many vechices as quickly as possible, there is no real "Fun" to it, except for the building of the buildings and vehicles, and there just isn't enough of them to make it really worth while, I'm actually quite disapointed that you can't build the turrets yourself either.

Other than that though, it's a very fun game, taking my first steps into space at the moment, in my very badly made spaceship... I just wish I could register my account in game so that I could have more creatures than the Maxis ones, bumped into the same creatures so many time now :(
  • backpackgamer 11 Sep 2008 06:52:17 2 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its not in my neck of the woods yet :(

I think this is the minimum system requirements :

Windows XP:

* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    * 512 MB RAM
    * A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    * At least 6 GB of hard drive space

Windows Vista:

* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    * 768 MB RAM
    * A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    * At least 6 GB of hard drive space

Mac:

* Mac OS X 10.5.3 Leopard or higher
    * Intel Core Duo Processor
    * 1024 MB RAM
    * ATI X1600 or NVidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100
    * At least 4.7GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for creations.
    * This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems (PowerMac).
  • SirScratchalot 11 Sep 2008 06:56:02 7,872 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Testing, testing... Can't post in the John McCain thread so I'd try it here..
    Testing...
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next