• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Dec 2009 11:35:11 14,393 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    Just got this form Play Yesterday.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/11439338/Veho-VCC-002HD-Kuzo-Super-HD-1080p-Camcorder/Product.html

It is FAB...!!! \o/
    I will look into this, bloody good price, how much did you pay for a (what) mem card.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• S.J.Rogers 21 Dec 2009 11:39:36 3,557 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I got this one...

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/3583118/Play-com-16GB-SD-HC-Memory-Card/Product.html

Over 4 hours HD filming...

I also got this.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/12043522/Veho-VSD-001-SD-SDHC-To-USB-Memory-Card-Reader/Product.html

Fantastic little TRUE HD for 120 total.

Cant go wrong... \o/
  • neilch 7 Jan 2010 01:47:13 741 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've also got the Veho Kuzo from Play this week, to replace filming out and about with my Sony W90 P&S camera. How are you finding it S.J.Rogers?

I've only had a brief play with it, but here are my first impressions:

PROS:
    * lightweight, handy
    * has a light (the flash doesn't provide any light on my sony)
    * good range of resolutions to record in
    * it's cheap
    * HDMI output
    * zoom works when recording (I know a dedicated camcorder should do this, but it was a featured I've missed on my Sony)
    * full HD niceness in good light
    * Tripod thread on bottom

CONS:
    * Weak in low light, the "digital light" mode does help but is very noisy.
    * No lens cap/cover
    * rolling shutter wobble effect is very evident when moving the camera in 1080p (my sony has a CCD sensor so doesn't suffer from this)
    * Bit fiddly getting the footage into something my Mac wants to edit, Windows Movie Maker had fewer problems once ffdshow that come with the camera was installed
    * PS3 doesn't recognise the videos off camera
    * no manual focus or exposure controls ... or a "snow mode", I don't want gray snow!!!
  • wayneh 24 Jan 2010 12:03:21 2,281 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can anyone recommend a HD camcorder that would be ok for indoor use ie Christmas and Birthday parties as well as outdoor use? I've looked at the Veho but all the customer reviews say it is poor indoors.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• wayneh 25 Jan 2010 18:39:10 2,281 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well due to the over whelming amount of responses I have now ordered the Veho from Amazon. If it turns out to be shit I'll return it and order a FS200.

• wayneh 28 Jan 2010 04:30:32 2,281 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I received the Veho yesterday and it will be going back tomorrow. It may be ok outside but for use indoors with all the house lights on it was absolutely shit. I gave it to my daughter and she went round and filmed all around the house and I think the only room that came out half decent was the kitchen. So now I need to find another camera. I dont know whether to just get a standard def one as this has put me off HD.

• rutter 28 Jan 2010 09:15:16 1,919 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My old SD compact camcorder (JVC Everio) was pretty ropey indoors too. And that had an LED light on the front. I think most cheaper models will suffer in low light. To be fair though it was definitley better indoors than our Flip Ultra HD.

• 1Dgaf 2 Feb 2010 14:52:12 3,788 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Another plea for help here, chaps.

Need to find an (ideally) 1080p camcorder that *will* be good in low light, has an excellent mic and, preferably, has an optical zoom.

Someone I know is chairing a discussion, perhaps to be held in someone's house and I may need to film it. The parties involved are quite important and we may want other people to see the footage.

Unfortunately, budget is 300 - 500 (tops). If the 1080p cocks up other aspect, a lower res would be OK but not SD.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• stephenb 9 Feb 2011 11:58:28 2,729 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    One year bump!

My dad is looking for a new camcorder.

Being a pernickity old coot he has specified the following

Full HD

HDD not card

Stupidly big optical zoom (his old SD one had 70x)

maximum price 450.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• binky Moderator 17 Mar 2012 13:51:45 9,436 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bumpilicious!

Bonus month next month, and after seeing a friends video edit of her little girl the other day, I started getting a bit jealous that I haven't got a camera for that sort of thing.

Think I want something a bit more "pro" than a flip type camera, as my iPhone can record a minute or 2 of wobbly 1080p already :)

Does anyone bother with camcorders these days, or is it a dying breed, instead being left to smartphones, or pro users with 1k+ cameras?
  • Rhythm 17 Mar 2012 14:19:42 2,463 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you already have a video-capable smartphone/camera/SLR and you're not using it for video then you're not going to use a camcorder either. Would suggest looking for something else to spend cash on.
  • binky Moderator 18 Mar 2012 10:03:46 9,436 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As I say, I use my iPhone for short clips but not loads due to limited space, and knowing I rarely plug my phone in to take stuff off. That and the footage is never much cop unless you're taking it outside.

Tis an interesting point though, I'll consciously take more (I normally just take photos for the reasons above).
  • binky Moderator 19 Mar 2012 12:11:18 9,436 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The more I look at these, the more I regret not getting a dSLR with video. I assumed it was a bit gimmicky and wouldn't be very good, but just saw some footage from a T1i, that was really nice.

Dammit!
  • mrpon 19 Mar 2012 12:19:15 28,437 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    binky, there is an update coming out (soon) for iOS devices that allows you to link up to Dropbox and automatically upload photos/videos from your device. It's out at the moment for Android and is a godsend for me.

May resolve the space issue for you.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• superdelphinus 19 Mar 2012 12:21:10 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not really a camcorder but I just bought a canon 600d and the video is astonishing
  • binky Moderator 19 Mar 2012 12:21:28 9,436 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmm, could be an interesting solution, yes.
  • superdelphinus 19 Mar 2012 12:24:00 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    binky wrote:
    The more I look at these, the more I regret not getting a dSLR with video. I assumed it was a bit gimmicky and wouldn't be very good, but just saw some footage from a T1i, that was really nice.

Dammit!
    Generally they are a step above camcorders, mainly because the lenses are much better and you have more scope to set shots up. One thing I would say though is that it can be quite difficult to follow focus, unless you have a very quick lens () or a top of the range camera (). When you set the shot up properly though the results can look almost professional quality, especially once you run it through some colour grading
  • superdelphinus 19 Mar 2012 12:29:55 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    First hit on YouTube, but you get the point

• superdelphinus 19 Mar 2012 12:30:54 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just found that on an iPad and I'm not sure if that is 1080p?
  • binky Moderator 19 Mar 2012 12:38:28 9,436 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah stop rubbing it in... I've already said I bought a DSLR withOUT video a year and a half ago :D
  • superdelphinus 19 Mar 2012 12:51:02 8,016 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Which one? Is it magic lantern compatible? My dad has a 50d which doesn't do video as stock, but does with magic lantern
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next