Prison Break Season 4 (US Pace) Page 6

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Darren 20 May 2009 11:08:24 8,698 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The last two episodes of the final season of Prison Break were disappointing IMO. The series has always been ridiculously far-fetched (which was forgiveable because it kept you glued to the screen to find out what happened next) but the ending felt rushed and unsatisfying. I hated the fact that they killed off one of the lead characters too, all that effort and poor old Michael Schofield still died anyway, what a cruel ending. Season 4 was fine until Michael and Lincoln were caught by the General and they introduced their mother, it just went downhill from there IMO and I found myself becoming quite bored of it. When I found out the series was ending I was actually quite relieved.

The series started off brilliantly with the actual prison break and season 2 was almost as good but the remainder was far less so. It was entertaining for sure but It seemed like the producers ran out of ideas in which direction to take the series from season 3 so decided to make it up as they went along.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Darren 20 May 2009 11:11:41 8,698 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Final Break is set after Michael and Sarah get married when she is arrested for killing Michael's mother. They all have to get together again to free her, which they presumably do given the four years in the future ending from the main series.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• macksed 20 May 2009 12:40:31 3,798 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    The Final Break is set after Michael and Sarah get married when she is arrested for killing Michael's mother. They all have to get together again to free her, which they presumably do given the four years in the future ending from the main series.

where did you find that out from? ... why is the internet full of self-contradictory information? :-(
  • yupyup 20 May 2009 12:57:12 3,679 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What you quoted macksed was for Prison Break: Cherry Hill or something, a proposed spin-off. Originally they were to introduce a female character to Sona who would aid Micheal and (presumably) get caught in the escape and imprisoned in an all new womens prison, thus setting up her spin-off.

After casting issues and the writers strike left that idea dead in the water, it was proposed that Prison Break: Cherry Hill would be a non-related spin off in the franchise, similar to CSI:Miami but low ratings for S4 have effectively killed that off too.

The final break is set in in the preceding 4 years before the S4 ending.

Hands Off Our Penises

• macksed 22 May 2009 10:23:11 3,798 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah I see, thanks... that makes more sense, a spin off would have been too much...
  • Darren 22 May 2009 14:51:04 8,698 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    macksed wrote:
    Darren wrote:

where did you find that out from? ... why is the internet full of self-contradictory information? :-(

I read it on the Wikipedia episode guide actually. I've no idea whether it's true or not but it sounded plausible.

• askew 22 May 2009 15:01:25 12,029 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thing is, a break from prison in a two hour special is going to be incredibly rushed. What I loved about the first season was the slow build, the many red-herrings and failed attempts. It's gonna be shit!
  • yupyup 25 May 2009 17:16:55 3,679 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "The Final Break" has leaked for those who are interested. Enjoy!

Hands Off Our Penises

• AlcohollicA 25 May 2009 18:54:41 2,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is it worth watching? Ive kinda had closure on PB.
  • pac666 13 Jun 2009 06:01:38 200 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice (quite suprising) ending.
  • Darren 15 Jun 2009 14:07:56 8,698 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Final Break was very good actually. It really should have been part of the fourth season before the "4 years later" bit IMO as it gave a far better resolution to the Michael Schofield character.

Does anyone know if the Final Break will be included in the fourth season DVD boxset in the UK? I'll be quite pissed off if it isn't seeing as it was broadcast straight after the main series ended on Sky.

• glaeken 2 Jul 2009 10:03:35 11,094 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I finally managed to get to the end of this on my Sky Plus box and oh my god was it stupid. It certainly seems to have set a new record for bringing characters back from the dead as the last few episodes had me seriously scratching my head as yet another dead character turns out not to be dead.

All I can say now is thank god they ended it with series 4 as I can not even imagine how stupid the writers would have gone given another series.
  • Psychotext 7 Jul 2009 13:17:23 53,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just watched all four seasons in under a week...

...I feel a little drained now. As others here were saying too, some utterly stupid moments throughout the show. Still, I enjoyed it on the whole even if some bits did make me want to kick the TV. :D
  • glaeken 7 Jul 2009 13:20:14 11,094 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You have watched all four seasons but have you watched the two post season specials called the final break? I am not sure I would say they are particulary worth watching but they do complete the story.
  • Psychotext 7 Jul 2009 13:22:51 53,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You mean the ones where they explain how Michael died and how Sarah got her shoulder scar?
  • glaeken 7 Jul 2009 13:25:13 11,094 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep thems the ones. It sounds like you have completed the full thing then.
  • glaeken 7 Jul 2009 13:25:13 11,094 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Vice.Destroyer 5 Feb 2010 04:08:57 5,823 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am catching up to the last few episodes and then the mini movie. I love this show. It rules.
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Feb 2010 07:36:09 23,192 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No! Season 4 is terrible. It has a couple of good episodes towards the end but that's it. Season 2 ftw.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• macksed 5 Feb 2010 07:43:47 3,798 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    what!? season 2 is possibly the worst! It's all about one, then 3,4, 2. I only deal in facts.
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Feb 2010 07:47:46 23,192 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No way! I loved the whole conspiracy thing and Mahone the crooked FBI agent etc. They just got sillier and sillier after that (although it's always been a bit silly, granted). The whole General never talking in season 2 goes to speaking all the fucking time!

It goes: 2>1>3>4

• macksed 5 Feb 2010 07:52:18 3,798 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    better than season one?! phoo, quite a claim. I have all the boxsets and feel I have forgotten it sufficiently now, I shall watch them all back soon and re-decide. Can't see season one being beaten though.
    Come to think of it though season 2 was good, I liked how bothered I got about t-bag and his whole story line. hmm, it's all very good and ridiculous.
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Feb 2010 07:55:01 23,192 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can see you swaying... :D you know I'm right! Just nudge that little two there up in front if the 3 at least :p

• Flightrisker 5 Feb 2010 07:59:14 18,096 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It quite clearly is:

Season One: *****
    Season Two: ****
    Season 3: **
    Season 4:: *
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Feb 2010 08:01:28 23,192 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's more like it! Except obviously I'd swap seasons 1 and 2 around.

• Flightrisker 5 Feb 2010 08:06:46 18,096 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really liked season 2 as well. Mahone was a perfect nemesis for Michael and there was some good, if implausible, moments. Season 1 is just brilliant. If they had finished it as a one season (which I think was the original expectation) it may have gone down as something a little bit special.

2 was very good but just lost momentum at then end, probably more to do with them trying to get it into a place to make a third season more than any fault of the second season itself.

3 was ok, some baaaaad bits but some really good too. It had lost all sense of credibility by then and the extents it went to to try and keep the inmates together got a little stupid.

4 was a mess from start to finish. There clearly wasn't legs in it for a 4th season and it really hurt the overall memory of what was a decent little series. 4 branched into "so bad it's good" territory, and bringing back Sarah was a big mistake.
  • woodnotes 5 Feb 2010 08:19:24 4,921 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I loved Season 2. In fact by the end of Season 1 I couldn't wait for them to not be in the prison. The thought of them going on the run excited me.

And then it delivered on that premise in spades for S2. Loved it. They also got rid of the highly irritating Robin Tunney, which made it even better.

Season 3 and 4 really lost it but still delivered some mindless fun in a bad action movie kind of way.

Still, I'm really hoping the guy behind this makes something new soon, although his last pilot "Masterwork" didn't get picked up.
  • TechnoHippy 5 Feb 2010 08:49:53 14,698 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Season 2 was the weakest for me, although I do like Mahone's character.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Flightrisker 5 Feb 2010 08:50:38 18,096 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    But, but, but.. Season 4... so... bad...
  • Page

of 7 First / Last