of 10 First / Last

• Brastin 20 Sep 2009 15:18:12 15 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    5 hours left guys ^^
  • Shivoa 20 Sep 2009 16:51:31 5,677 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So have any EGers decided on a server/faction for some friendly guild chat/group content?
  • Brastin 20 Sep 2009 17:43:45 15 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah this one :)

Going on Telemachus server *europe*

As Elyos

Name: Brastin
  • Shivoa 20 Sep 2009 18:31:06 5,677 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If only I spoke Dutch :(
  • Gaol 20 Sep 2009 20:03:23 2,263 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A few folk in the group have gone Spatalos/Elyos; I played Elyos all through beta so have gone on the same server but as an Asmodian.
  • Gaol 20 Sep 2009 21:21:49 2,263 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmm.. 4hrs 11min queue for that server, I'm in position 3,006!

Methinks they wanted more servers...
  • InfiniteFury 20 Sep 2009 21:58:01 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep I'm on Telemachus as well as Elyos.

Well I say *on* but you know what I mean
  • Shivoa 20 Sep 2009 22:11:53 5,677 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah, there's nothing quite like a server queue where the server waits until you've almost finished the hour wait before kicking you. Grrrrrrr!

Attempt 3...
  • Brastin 21 Sep 2009 00:29:46 15 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lvl 11 templar atm :)^^

Like this game already
  • Gaol 21 Sep 2009 00:33:34 2,263 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well flipside of server queue is when you get on it's almost flawless. The starter zones are hugely crowded yet there is minimal lag, and the engine performance with lots of characters nearby seems to have improved a lot since the closed beta client. Bodes well for large PVP battles.
  • James-Caldari 21 Sep 2009 10:01:09 2,103 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How did you guys purchase the game ahead of the release date? I notice that it's on Steam.

Really like the look of this and want to give it a go asap.
  • twoism 21 Sep 2009 10:26:47 181 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same here, been hmming and ahhing over this after the beta, but think I want to give it a proper month to get a better idea of the game. If I pre-order on play.com would I be able to get the early access code today? Or does that only happen when you purchase from ncsoft directly?
  • Gaol 21 Sep 2009 20:23:36 2,263 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been queuing since before 6 so you ain't missing much. In fact if it stays like this I'll probably cancel my preorder and pick the game up in a month or so.
  • Hypercube 21 Sep 2009 21:18:18 976 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great, finally get some time to log on and I'm 2229 in the queue with an estimated 3 hour wait. So much for head start.
  • mathyoubis 22 Sep 2009 10:30:43 65 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got friends of mine in a similar predicament to you Hypercube. Though I think they have a higher number. Those servers must be ram-packed.
  • skullstorm 22 Sep 2009 10:59:38 140 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was all patched up and ready to go, so I launch the game and brzzzt! I get some cry engine error about not being able to load crysoundsystem.dll. Tried to repair, wants me to redownload 5 gigs! Urgh. Looks like I'll be using the time I could be queuing for fixing and waiting for a response which will no doubt be: "update all drivers/redownload game". Which is all well and good if I could actually download anything worth a damn without being molested by virgin media.

Everything was so perfect in beta I knew this would happen :D
  • Hypercube 22 Sep 2009 13:19:22 976 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NCSoft have released a list of servers for countries without a specific language server of their own - and they're all the English ones.

I don't mind any players from different countries, I'd just hoped they would spread them out across the German and French ones too.

Queue length at lunchtime? An hour. It's just going to get worse...
  • Gaol 22 Sep 2009 19:23:51 2,263 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got 7h 59 when I last looked at Spatalos... /cancels.
  • Serraphin 23 Sep 2009 16:44:57 249 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nom nom nom, gonna get me a wizened old mr miyagi style cleric Asmodian on Telemachus this evening.

Hopefully get that feeling back from the early days of wow. Aion, you have one month of my time, entertain me!!
  • kestral 25 Sep 2009 13:02:29 70 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How do they keys work with this game?
    I preorderd during closed beta, got beta key then preorder key, but due to my changed credit card details GAME cancelled the order.

I can still play today, but I ordered new copies just in case. So will i have to add retail keys and can i now play without having bought the game just via monthly sub? Or will they witch from Preorde to retail keys?
  • InfiniteFury 25 Sep 2009 13:31:52 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you have to enter the key from the box when it arrives on your NC Soft master account - go to their website and log in to do that.

I will probably be fucked as Amazon aren't delivering until tomorrow (paid for delivery today). Apparently they've been pretty strict with the yanks, when the key wasn't entered on the release day, you couldnt' play the next day.

I can still play at the moment but don't expect to be able to play in the morning until the box gets here.
  • Hypercube 25 Sep 2009 13:44:08 976 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haven't received mine from Play.com yet - I hope it arrives today, otherwise the weekend will be a bit dull :(
  • Serraphin 25 Sep 2009 14:50:34 249 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    weee, so I clocked 11 and a half before logging out at 10:30 last night.

Had to continue my foray into the world of House season 1. I'm at that episode where this person is suffering from an odd illness, Hugh Laurie and his cronies throw up some ideas, almost kill the patient, figure out that the patient was lying, and then cures them, with a few choice lines of sarcasm thrown in of course. Top stuff... oh wait that could be any episode! Well it was the one where there's a couple and she falls ill and it turns out she was boning her hubbies best mate. He then decides to leave her as she pops out of a coma. Harsh but fair? you decide...

...er yeah Aion, For those of you starting out NOTE: STOP DOING ANYTHING THAT GAINS XP WHEN YOU TURN LEVEL 9! then go complete the ascension quest, that fills your bar to 1xp off full. Bop a critter and say hello to lvl 10 and my little wings! aye, save all those starter zone quests that are in progress for after :p

At which point I got sent to Pandaemonium the main city (I think) and decided on whether to be a cleric or a chanter, I chose cleric and got myself some nice new spells. Lots of things to do around here it's all a little overwhelming and one can feel a little lost. Great feeling :)

Oh... I'm actually making a concerted effort to read the quest text too hehe. Sometimes I forget that this isn't my umpteenth wow char I'm levelling! So far the quest cut scenes, which have been dispersed liberally throughout, do a pretty good job of drawing you into the story. For example when I made the cleric/chanter decision it led to a scene where one npc gives another a sly nod, and you're like, hold on, what's going on here then?... cunning ;)

Righty, laters chaps.
  • Hypercube 25 Sep 2009 15:31:17 976 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's much easier to go and do the last few quests in the starter area once you've ascended and have the extra spells and equipment that you get.

It's also fun standing in the very beginning area and showing off your wings :)
  • Gearskin 27 Sep 2009 10:45:50 2,045 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Telemachus. Elyos.

Name is - Mobiumage.

Add me.
  • Scimarad 27 Sep 2009 14:34:21 8,536 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm Elonyr (Scout) or Zhora (Mage) on Telemachus.

How much do you guys charge on the private store? I generally knock about 10 to 20% of the the suggested price if I find any uncommon items I can't use but I'm not sure if that's too much or not enough:)
  • MaxiSleep 27 Sep 2009 14:57:39 2 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago

Plus
    Lovely looking game, and finally an mmo which matches WoW in terms of interface responsiveness and animation.

Minus
    The queues! They really have buggered up their calcs on sub numbers.
  • spimmy 29 Sep 2009 17:19:31 22 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    witch is the major uk server ? gg launcher access denied cant even play
  • Benno 30 Sep 2009 12:32:02 9,843 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If I was to impulse buy this today, is there a particular server where the EG folks play?

Is there a group ?
  • InfiniteFury 30 Sep 2009 19:24:55 864 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seem to be quite a lot of us on the Telemachus server, Elyos side.

I'm getting a bit narked off with playing this solo and can't find a legion I want to join so might start one up unless there's a Eurogamer one already going. Anyone up for that?
  • Page

of 10 First / Last