Aion Online The Tower of Eternity

• Page

of 10 First / Last

Previous
  • Bakab 20 Aug 2008 06:45:02 2 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fan Site: http://www.aionplayers.com [Community]

World of Aion

The universe of Aion is stunningly beautiful and unique.

Your adventures and travels take you to the shell-world of Atreia, once connected by Aion, The Tower of Eternity, but now shattered into two halves and a myriad of shards by an ancient cataclysm. Players will traverse these lands in their first steps on a journey to bring salvation to the world, explore floating islands, voids and other amazing vistas.

Each half of the shattered world is inhabited by one of two playable divine factions, the Elyos and the Asmodian. Isolated by the cataclysm that broke Atreia apart, each side brooded on the catastrophic events of the past and their hatred intensified for the other.

Many centuries later, fragments of the destroyed tower began to float mysteriously in the air, and soon investigations discovered unstable portals or gates that opened into an unknown place of darkness and wonder where fragments of Aion drifted. Called the Abyss, where the once-lost power of flight is now commonplace, the two races eventually discovered one another and very quickly went to war.

As the Elyos and the Asmodians uncovered new, more stable portals to the Abyss, they encountered a primeval terror that they had known only in their histories: the Balaur. Previously imprisoned within the Abyss during the cataclysm, the Balaur are the ancient enemy of all the peoples of Atreia, and it was the Balaurís continual war that had led to the eventual shattering of Aion. Now they have returned, and the survival of both races is now more uncertain than ever.

• Hypercube 22 Jun 2009 12:25:12 976 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Couldn't see any other threads on this game, so thought I'd post in here.

I've pre-ordered from Play, but no beta codes are forthcoming with it. Have I gone and made a mistake? Are there only specific outlets that provide you with beta keys when you pre-order?

I've gone for the collector's edition (what the heck, I need some more clutter on my shelves) so I didn't fancy just doing a download via Steam or whatever...

It's not going to bother me if I don't get into a beta for it - I'll be playing when it's released anyway, for me the beta would have been a way of trying out the classes prior to retail release.
  • Dizzy 22 Jun 2009 12:47:16 2,616 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought Play.com did not give away beta codes for this game.
  • Hypercube 22 Jun 2009 12:50:31 976 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's what I was asking - if they don't, then I guess I chose the wrong retailer! This is where research would have been useful on my part ;)
  • teamHAM 23 Jun 2009 12:38:21 2,858 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been playing the beta of this for the last couple of weekends it's been up - I'm very impressed with it.

If you pre-order direct from NCSoft as opposed to play or amazon then you get the beta key emailed to you straight away. Also, I seem to remember the CE was cheaper direct from NCSoft than it was on other retailers websites.

And while I'm at it, http://www.aionsource.com is another very nice community fansite.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Dizzy 23 Jun 2009 12:44:52 2,616 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    >If you pre-order direct from NCSoft

Link?
  • teamHAM 23 Jun 2009 13:07:26 2,858 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    for UK customers:

https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/Store.pl?language=en-gb

• Widge Moderator 26 Jun 2009 12:08:28 13,390 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Beta keys up on the main page. Going to give this a go, first ever attempt on an MMO.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• teamHAM 26 Jun 2009 12:36:30 2,858 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aye just saw they are doing a giveaway.

Doesn't seem to be that much interest on EG for this yet, but I'm sure that will change as it's shaping up to be a very promising MMO.

To anyone playing the beta - I'm up for some group levelling if you roll on Ariel server and fancy being Asmodian (the dark race).

My chars are:
    Lumi
    Banshee
    Bubbles
    Fanta

EDIT: and WTB more people in the only Aion group that there is. It's totally dead at the moment.

• Hunam 26 Jun 2009 12:51:12 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doubt much interest will come from a 4 day beta, from the look of the game graphics, it's going to take most of that time to download the sodding client.
  • JediMasterMalik 26 Jun 2009 12:52:50 11,820 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't really see the point of such a short beta, I do want to check the game out though.
  • tuomas22 26 Jun 2009 13:46:32 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    there's several short betas, not just this one.

When I can download the game client? Now it says serial not yet active.
    It takes several days to download that big file so if it comes available when the event starts, im gonna miss the event >_>
  • Hypercube 26 Jun 2009 14:01:48 976 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cool, got me a beta key, hope they open up the client download before the beta starts.
  • teamHAM 26 Jun 2009 14:57:12 2,858 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    Doubt much interest will come from a 4 day beta, from the look of the game graphics, it's going to take most of that time to download the sodding client.

It's not a 4 day beta, there have been a couple of weekend betas already and several more are planned at regular intervals until launch, with the next one starting next Friday 3rd July.

We currently get to keep our characters throughout the beta aswell so we dont have to restart from level 1 each weekend which is nice.

• teamHAM 26 Jun 2009 14:57:56 2,858 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hypercube wrote:
    Cool, got me a beta key, hope they open up the client download before the beta starts.

Aye, as soon as you create your master NCSoft account and can register your beta key you can download and update the client so you are ready to go next Friday.

• Hunam 26 Jun 2009 14:58:12 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Still, why not just do a normal traditional beta, or are they trying to limit it so people don't get bored of the game pre-release?
  • Eis 26 Jun 2009 14:59:36 1 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For those having problems downloading the EU client because the server is not available, do the following.

Switch the NCLauncher to the region 'North America' and then download the game client. The NA and EU clients are identical.

Once you have Aion installed, switch the NCLauncher back to the region 'Europe' and you should be good to go for the upcoming beta.
  • tossetaz 26 Jun 2009 15:03:35 54 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm getting "Serial not yet active:" on my betakey
  • Hunam 26 Jun 2009 15:04:22 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because it's not open yet?
  • johnlenham 27 Jun 2009 12:26:12 4,000 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wouldn't mind being bale to download the client now as its going to take bloody ages on my connection :(
  • hoof 27 Jun 2009 12:40:03 823 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Check the comments on the Beta article on the front page, NCsoft say the keys will be working on monday, so everybody can relax.
  • Optyk 28 Jun 2009 12:06:35 1,315 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can anyone link me to the give away page for the beta codes, I forgot to write mine down and its now gone from the sticky

Shooting ducks in a barrel.

• johnlenham 28 Jun 2009 12:09:19 4,000 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its still "stuck" on the EG mmo main page.
    Neogaf has a good thread about this, tis funny id never heard about it till the give away and now im hyped.
  • Turambar 28 Jun 2009 12:17:39 22 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fileplanet are doing a subscriber beta tomorrow, hopefully i'll get a key. I'm quite interested by the class system.
  • veterislol 28 Jun 2009 22:20:30 2 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Optyk wrote:
    Can anyone link me to the give away page for the beta codes, I forgot to write mine down and its now gone from the sticky

Same here. Is getting the key back hopeless?
  • JediMasterMalik 29 Jun 2009 12:19:51 11,820 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I looked at a few Aion videos online, the graphics look great, seems to run smoothly too. Animations are also very good. My reservations about the PvE remain, but we'll have to wait and see on that. The interface looks as bad as most eastern MMOs, so hopefully tat will get a change at one point, or there will be mods for it. PvP is a mixed bag, it looks like it works well, but I'm worried about ganking and the general structure of it all.
  • UncleLou Moderator 29 Jun 2009 13:28:15 35,490 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Update on EG - you can all relax now. :)
  • teamHAM 29 Jun 2009 14:09:00 2,858 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    My reservations about the PvE remain

What reservations would they be?

• JediMasterMalik 29 Jun 2009 15:42:35 11,820 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That it'll be shit, like every eastern MMO I've ever played.

As I said, reservations, not criticisms, as I've not personally seen it. (though I will soon)
  • seasidebaz 29 Jun 2009 16:23:20 6,126 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've now got to go away this weekend and so can't play, anyone want a beta key quote this message. First one to do it gets my key. Don't PM me though :p
  • Page

of 10 First / Last

Previous