iPhone/iPod Touch App and Game Review Thread Page 365

• Page

of 366 First / Last

• jonsaan 6 Apr 2014 22:26:32 25,364 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am a big fan of puzzle games. Strangely I really struggle to get into threes! It's all very slick and that, but it's just not got it for me. Good but by no means Drop7 good. Not even close.

FCUTA!

• TarickStonefire 7 Apr 2014 05:55:50 3,251 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I love it. So there you go.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Deleted user 19 April 2014 07:41:52
    Currently free games on the App Store: Knights of Pen & Paper, Horn.
  • CharlieStCloud 19 Apr 2014 08:25:02 5,315 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blek is a rather lovely game that is thoroughly worth your time!

... and sounds like user Blerk too.

: )
  • Widge Moderator 25 Apr 2014 13:36:10 13,710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing Dice Dungeon. Intriguing RPG based around dice rolls. Free. I can see the F2P mechanic hidden away in the forms of "uncut dice" but haven't found a situation where this is going to impact on the game yet. More on that later.

Worth a go so far.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• andyc1980 25 Apr 2014 18:57:05 1,190 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SimpleRockets is free on the app store today. Great little game and probably the closest you'll get to kerbal space program on a mobile device
  • Deleted user 26 April 2014 10:59:54
    @Widge I can't find that on the app store, did you mean "Tiny Dice Dungeon"?
    In other news, those looking for a fun little roguelike should give Cardinal Quest 2 a shot. It's rather splendid, much better than the first one. And it's free.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 11:04:34 26-04-2014
  • Widge Moderator 26 Apr 2014 11:26:52 13,710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Cosmopolitan that'll be it.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 28 Apr 2014 09:41:45 13,710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok, I've played it for a good while now. The core mechanic of the game is random but fun, I can deal with that.

Went through a LONG patch where I wasn't getting much in the way of drops but got a shed load this morning. Also figured that it is worth spending gold on removing dud chests at the end of the level. Started doing that and I now have a ridiculous amount of gold.

PVP is decent fun, it earns you the way to affecting the price of things and drop rates, which is good. Done pretty well on that and the freeze and revenge mechanic adds a little bit of spice.

Capturing monsters and levelling. Now, this is where a bit of the timesink will be had. Essentially you need capture dice and dice shards for each. If my chest removal technique pans out, then this will be ok. Capture dice are made from each shard and make the capture battles something winnable (early level monsters require no such battle). Making the dice from the monsters should pan out if the drops keep up and my chest winnings keep up.

Using the Hunter, Dice Splitter etc appears to be totally useless for me. I don't think I have received a single uncut dice now in several hours of play. Essentially this is the premium currency of the game. It is offering me 20 uncut dice and a bunch of other stuff for 2.99 right now.

The hunter is 5 - 30 uncut dice to go capture a monster (always a win), can't remember how many dice shards you get from splitting one. I can play without this though so far, so fairly happy with proceedings. I have a little team of fire dealing monsters that absolutely ravage the leafy level foes. Just need to get some water and leaf guys and we are off.

I have a couple of other characters unlocked, do not know the benefits of having them though.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 1 May 2014 10:03:32 13,710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lost the thrall with it now. Not enough progress for effort.

Fancy a Kairosoft effort, anyone done a Dungeon Village?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• bunglebonce 1 May 2014 19:44:18 2,209 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Started playing XCOM on the iPhone. A few missions in, so far so good, but I got to a point where my menu selections weren't registering... all I could do was go back in a menu when picking research, then when trying to customise units they couldn't be selected.

There's nothing wrong with the touchscreen, with extensive use in other apps after this.

Is that a common occurrence?

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Widge Moderator 6 May 2014 13:10:57 13,710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    played Dungeon Village. Incredibly easy. You can pretty much max it on a first playthrough, not usual Kairosoft form.

Pocket Academy still sits as my favourite.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 6 May 2014 13:24:53
    Sword of Fargoal (iPhone) was free yesterday, maybe still is (?) I must say it doesn't click with me though.
    Of all the rogue-likes I've played on iOS, only 100 Rogues has remained worthy of my praise. I can still start it, anytime, and enjoy it. It's weird how some games retain their addictiveness for such a long time.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 13:27:13 06-05-2014
  • Widge Moderator 12 May 2014 12:59:54 13,710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Been playing through Pocket Academy again. Yep, still like it. Wondering which of the newer Kairosoft's to go for next. I read on here that the horse racing one wasn't so good, so tempted by the cruise one.

REAL SHAME that the entire genre on mobile is founded on IAP. Much as I love the Kairosoft efforts, I really think there is a gap for something fully fleshed.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 28 May 2014 12:24:07
    Started a new thread on DQ VIII iOS version...

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 12:28:34 28-05-2014
  • Widge Moderator 28 May 2014 13:51:19 13,710 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Where what where what?

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• TarickStonefire 28 May 2014 14:30:09 3,251 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bunglebonce wrote:
    Started playing XCOM on the iPhone. A few missions in, so far so good, but I got to a point where my menu selections weren't registering... all I could do was go back in a menu when picking research, then when trying to customise units they couldn't be selected.

There's nothing wrong with the touchscreen, with extensive use in other apps after this.

Is that a common occurrence?
    I've heard almost universally disappointed comments about the stability of that app on anything other than the latest and greatest devices, and even then it's not that stable in the long run. I think it was a noble effort but I don't think the juice is quite there for flawless, smooth XCOM on tablets and phones.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• BinaryBob101 28 May 2014 17:29:38 23,689 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Monument Valley - 10/10

Monument Valley may be a pretty short-lived experience at 2.49, but for me it's the first game on tablets that's a bona fide classic. Utterly beautiful artwork and a soundtrack that justifies the price alone, imo, and a "story" that's quite moving in a way.

These guys really deserve to be supported and there are more levels coming in the near future.

BUY IT YOU HEATHENS!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 29 May 2014 10:01:01
    For those who like their games pretty but with simple gameplay, Infinity Blade II is free... again.
  • THFourteen 29 May 2014 10:13:17 33,930 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haven't played it yet but the original was awesome

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battleheart-legacy/id666508823?mt=8
  • Lotos8ter 31 May 2014 22:23:35 2,361 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BinaryBob101 no need to shout

Just finished this. Fantastic game, pretty much a joy from start to finish. Cheers for the tip

Fiat Lux

• Vinicity 31 May 2014 23:08:48 209 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aren't anyone else playing Etter Drei? I need help with the multiplayer levels and there is no one around most of the time...

It is a great game too, so it is well worth purchasing. It is sort of a multiplayer physics puzzler, with most but not all levels solvable for a single player. Looks and sounds really nice also...
  • Murbs 31 May 2014 23:15:58 22,419 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Vinicity erm... 'Made for ages 6-8'?
  • Vinicity 31 May 2014 23:18:23 209 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    @Vinicity erm... 'Made for ages 6-8'?
    Ignore that. It is clearly enjoyable for the 8+ crowd too!
  • Vinicity 31 May 2014 23:20:15 209 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Here is a Wired article about Drei:

http://www.wired.com/2013/12/to-beat-this-gorgeous-ipad-game-youll-need-a-strangers-help/
  • Page

of 366 First / Last