iPhone/iPod Touch App and Game Review Thread Page 347

• Page

of 367 First / Last

• Nth 13 Jun 2012 19:06:03 3,126 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really like Reflexions on iPad, and Ski Safari is very addictive too.
  • Deleted user 14 June 2012 17:23:37
    Pocket Planes

It's the new game from the crack dealers you may remember from Tiny Tower.

Same 8bit graphic style.

Same addictive management game play.

This time involves running your own airline, juggling customers requests vs best place to leave your plane vs expanding airports you own vs plane aquirement and customisation vs ..... Well you get the idea.

In game coin purchasing isn't pushed too hard (yet, I'm only early stages)

Quite satisfying to switch to the wide view map and see your planes trundling off to make you money.

Freemium
    (in game currency optional)
  • Deleted user 14 June 2012 17:27:55
    .... passenger planes and cargo planes.

..... set the route per flight when multiple drop offs involved

..... planes have limited flight range - radius of operation
  • Deleted user 14 June 2012 17:30:31
    .... can rename planes
  • chrisno21 15 Jun 2012 16:52:58 1,548 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    pocket planes == digital crack.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Deleted user 15 June 2012 17:23:42
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Exactly.

(Looks shite on iPad tho)
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jun 2012 21:01:24 13,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Join the flight crew Eurogamer and I suppose we can stand to get some easier bux.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Widge Moderator 17 Jun 2012 10:10:06 13,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh! Different classes of plane limiting your airports is a bit different. I was trying to figure out what layovers were for but I'm guessing you draft in passengers from smaller cities to a major, for a major plane to pick up en masse and take to a faraway major for large bonus.

Beware of the class once you start to level up! I think while you have few airports and planes, they are less important, so stick away from those high class planes. Esp if they offer little over one that is a lower class.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• TechnoHippy 18 Jun 2012 09:28:53 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just started playing Uplink, I'm struggling to get to grips with it, but I think I'm getting there now.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Nth 18 Jun 2012 11:42:34 3,126 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wargames is surprisingly fun considering it's just a 'match 3' game at heart.
  • Flying_Pig 18 Jun 2012 13:19:14 11,537 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still playing New Star Soccer. I can't stop and I don't even really like football!
  • TechnoHippy 18 Jun 2012 14:00:45 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So I've just spent my lunch hour playing Uplink and I'm getting to grips with it now - -good fun once you suss out how it works. Now I need to upgrade my rig so I can do bigger hacks :-)

• Pac-man-ate-my-wife 18 Jun 2012 14:20:50 7,022 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Still playing New Star Soccer. I can't stop and I don't even really like football!
    Me too although I'm winding down as there's very little left to do. I've already won the Champions Leagues with two different clubs, won the European and World Cup, however my latest self-imposed challenge is to get Charlton to win the Champions league.

I've got everything that it's possible to buy, maxed all my stats out and only have two more achievements to get (100 International Goals and Play 10 Seasons) so once I've got those (and the above Charlton champions achievement) I'll be done with it.
  • Kafeen 18 Jun 2012 14:41:36 555 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:
    chrisno21 wrote:
    Exactly.

(Looks shite on iPad tho)
    Same as the Kairosoft games, they look like arse on the iPad as well, lovely on the iPad/iPhone though.
  • squarewings 18 Jun 2012 15:34:08 32 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fellow Pocket Planes addict reporting in!

I'm really enjoying it more than I did Tiny Tower as it feels like I don't have to leave it for hours at a time to interact more with it. After a week or so Tiny Tower became a very 'once a day' app.

Also, a bit of shameless self promotion, I recently started a youtube channel reviewing games on the App Store, first video is up and can be found here

Lover of quiche, hater of onion. Eternally conflicted.

• Widge Moderator 19 Jun 2012 02:08:45 13,746 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There is much more to it, there is strategy on how to make a lot of money quickly once you start dealing with the class 2 planes and get on with layovers.

I've got a couple of capitals now - Baghdad and London - and you can ferry some London jobs there, but also stockpile some Glasgow ones. Then a Class1 plane can pick these up and drop off with a mega 25% bonus PLUS keep the epic distance fee.

fourfourfun if you want to do some leader board stuff and enter eurogamer at the flight crew bit to work on objectives!

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Folant 19 Jun 2012 07:24:03 1,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Song Pop is pretty addictive. Moreso than other turn based guess 'em up anyway.
    Even if modern music is diabolically shite.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• tenofspades 20 Jun 2012 06:51:28 1,698 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There's a game like sensible soccer on the iPhone now. I'll get name a sec. it's meant to be quite good, and free.

Got it: Super Soccer Champs.

Edited by tenofspades at 06:57:14 20-06-2012
  • TechnoHippy 20 Jun 2012 08:27:14 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I've given up on Uplink. Too much random failure - which is a shame as I like the idea of it.

Now I need to find something new to play at lunchtimes.

• grayn 20 Jun 2012 11:01:40 339 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Picked up Burnout Crash. The only Burnout I've played previously is Paradise, and it's nothing like that; it's more of a pinball game where you need to swipe the ball around the play area. I find it somewhat difficult to maneuver the car around, but I assume that's by design - it'd probably be too easy else. Otherwise, very high production values and great fun to play. Recommended.

(Although as it's an EA game, wait til the price drops to 69p. They have a sale roughly once a month...)
  • Nth 20 Jun 2012 11:19:34 3,126 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I left my most scathing review ever for Burnout Crash. Awful fucking game.
  • TechnoHippy 20 Jun 2012 12:22:15 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I have picked up The Blitz for lunch, a kind of RTS/Tower Defence, but with Spitfires!

• kentmonkey 20 Jun 2012 14:15:18 20,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    grayn wrote:
    Picked up Burnout Crash. The only Burnout I've played previously is Paradise, and it's nothing like that; it's more of a pinball game where you need to swipe the ball around the play area. I find it somewhat difficult to maneuver the car around, but I assume that's by design - it'd probably be too easy else. Otherwise, very high production values and great fun to play. Recommended.

(Although as it's an EA game, wait til the price drops to 69p. They have a sale roughly once a month...)
    It was 69p on Sunday!
  • Blaizefm 20 Jun 2012 15:02:56 232 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nth wrote:
    I left my most scathing review ever for Burnout Crash. Awful fucking game.
    Agreed. I only picked it up as it was on offer at 69p. Two minutes later I decided I never wanted to play it again.
  • TechnoHippy 20 Jun 2012 15:54:57 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blitz was disapointing, fun for ten minutes then got rubbish.

I need a new game fix :-(

• PatrickEwing 20 Jun 2012 15:58:56 2,150 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Well I have picked up The Blitz for lunch, a kind of RTS/Tower Defence, but with Spitfires!
    You got me intrigued but I can't find it on app store, is it called "the blitz"?
  • RabidChild 20 Jun 2012 15:59:47 2,293 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I need another decent Tower Defense now i've finished Kingdom Rush. All the others i've tried since seem shit.
  • richardiox 20 Jun 2012 17:18:39 5,739 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    I need another decent Tower Defense now i've finished Kingdom Rush. All the others i've tried since seem shit.
    I can't find Kingdom Rush on the app store, is it IPad only? My top TD games are Plants vs Zombies (obviously) and Fieldrunners is pretty cool too.
  • TechnoHippy 20 Jun 2012 17:28:36 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PatrickEwing wrote:
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    You got me intrigued but I can't find it on app store, is it called "the blitz"?
    Sorry its just called 'Blitz' and it was fun for a short while, but not for long.

• Page

of 367 First / Last