• kalemuts 6 Aug 2008 13:13:37 2 posts
    Registered 6 years ago
    who is waiting for mass effect 2?
    and why are you waiting?
    btw mass effect rox
  • Luvbeers 6 Aug 2008 13:18:20 918 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am. The game was great except for the cookie cutter bases on different planets. I actually should play through it a second time as a lesbian bionic!
  • convercide 6 Aug 2008 13:19:21 5,747 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Luvbeers wrote:
    I am. The game was great except for the cookie cutter bases on different planets. I actually should play through it a second time as a lesbian bionic!

...and which character class will you use?

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Britesparc Creative, ITV 6 Aug 2008 14:38:54 1,875 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd like to see Mass Effect 2. Loved the first one.

Keep meaning to replay it, actually.
  • Luvbeers 6 Aug 2008 15:23:13 918 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    convercide wrote:
    Luvbeers wrote:
    I am. The game was great except for the cookie cutter bases on different planets. I actually should play through it a second time as a lesbian biotic!

oh I meant to say a lesbian adept (has been awhile). I have heard I can apply either my assualt weapon or sniper talent that I unlocked with the soldier the first time through and that the combo is awesome (adept+assualt rifle talent).
  • convercide 6 Aug 2008 15:25:07 5,747 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Luvbeers wrote:
    convercide wrote:
    Luvbeers wrote:
    I am. The game was great except for the cookie cutter bases on different planets. I actually should play through it a second time as a lesbian biotic!

oh I meant to say a lesbian adept (has been awhile). I have heard I can apply either my assualt weapon or sniper talent that I unlocked with the soldier the first time through and that the combo is awesome (adept+assualt rifle talent).

I was joking. It was a literal take on the bit I have put in bold. As if you'd become a lesbian biotic in real life as you sat playing it.

It wasn't that funny to begin with and really isn't funny at all now I've explained it.

• JediMasterMalik 6 Aug 2008 15:26:38 11,826 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Please don't simply accept a thread as shit as this, even the title is shit.
  • Luvbeers 6 Aug 2008 15:39:10 918 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    convercide wrote:
    Luvbeers wrote:
    convercide wrote:
    Luvbeers wrote:

I was joking. It was a literal take on the bit I have put in bold. As if you'd become a lesbian biotic in real life as you sat playing it.

It wasn't that funny to begin with and really isn't funny at all now I've explained it.

Now that you have explained it... that is funny! (no really!) Too many pints at lunch today sorry.
  • agparrot 6 Aug 2008 15:47:41 11,903 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A number of people on my friends list are just playing through this on my recommendation, and it has made me want to restart it. Once it winds up, it really has a strong story set in a well defined universe, and some neat little RPG elements which with a little exploring really come into their own.

Great sci-fi japes all around.

Just so many other games on the go.

/imagines lesbian biotic.

/creates.
  • caligari 6 Aug 2008 16:04:28 16,832 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    Please don't simply accept a thread as shit as this, even the title is shit.

but...this thread rox.
  • Deleted user 6 August 2008 16:47:47
    I would create a Danish lesbian called Hans Ondik. With convercide as an alias.
  • convercide 6 Aug 2008 16:52:10 5,747 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    warzin wrote:
    I would create a Danish lesbian called Hans Ondik. With convercide as an alias.

That seems awfully famili- OMG H4X!

• krushing 7 Aug 2008 10:03:33 776 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd be (almost) perfectly happy with 1) more meaningful random planets & bases & generally more stuff on the planets to do and 2) having actual diversity in the weapons and equipment and not being able to find superweapons worth hundreds of thousands of credits in every garbage bin. Obviously makes balancing far more difficult if the stuff you find isn't tied to your character's level, but I think it'd be more fun. Oh and 3) make the Mako actually useful, instead of being simply a way of going around the planets.
  • DaM 7 Aug 2008 10:58:29 12,606 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I am definitely waiting - they haven't finished the bloody thing, so I have no choice.

Next!
  • TheNinkyNonk 7 Aug 2008 11:01:52 204 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought the game was the biggest letdown ever. Great game ruined by some of the worst shooting I've ever seen. Dull.
  • Luvbeers 7 Aug 2008 13:39:18 918 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What do you think the more useful talent would be with a biotic... the assault or sniper rifle? I still can't decide.
  • krushing 8 Aug 2008 08:41:28 776 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Playing it the second time through with the same character is kind of...unchallenging. Grinding down a Geth Colossus with the sniper rifle is easy and pretty much everything humanoid-sized (apart from some krogans) falls from a single shotgun blast.
  • pac666 11 Aug 2008 18:49:43 199 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got this at xmas 2007 and was so initially dissapointed (tearing, late graphic fill, loading in etc) I stopped playing and moved on.

Started playing from the start about 3 weeks ago and wow! I was totally wrapped up in it. Now this is one of my top games, guess I just didn't get it \wrong mood or something on first try. Can't wait for ME2 now.
  • Retroid Moderator 11 Aug 2008 19:10:45 44,501 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalemuts wrote:
    and why are you waiting?
    #We are suffocating#
  • theanorak 12 Aug 2008 18:49:20 43 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    pac666 wrote:
    Started playing from the start about 3 weeks ago and wow! I was totally wrapped up in it. Now this is one of my top games, guess I just didn't get it \wrong mood or something on first try. Can't wait for ME2 now.

Funny how that happens. I had that with Bioshock (got stuck at the bit just before you pick up the camera, gave up for ages) and MGS4 (watched the opening, felt *meh*, stopped) but got seriously involved with both when I returned.

Mood's important, I guess.
  • Kannan7 16 Aug 2008 02:39:17 34 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I am waiting because ME 2 will be to ME 1 like Halo 3 was to Halo 2: complete and enjoyable.
  • Deleted user 16 August 2008 02:57:55
    /waves...

ME was my GOTY!
  • LHH 19 Aug 2008 06:59:09 75 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm looking forward to ME2, loved the first one and played it to death. 1050GS though :)
  • michaelius 19 Aug 2008 09:46:39 809 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm waiting for ME2 also but for PC version :)
  • kencleary 6 Oct 2008 13:04:37 237 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Damn a lot of that list sounds pretty cool. But what does this mean:
    -The story will not continue depending on the last decision made by the player in Mass Effect, it will however continue after the PC version ending

What was different about the PC version ending?
  • PearOfAnguish 6 Oct 2008 13:08:31 6,989 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, shit. I think I may have deleted my save game when I uninstalled.

The Game Over sequence has been reduced to 1.78 Seconds, due to complains from fans over the long Game Over sequence in Mass Effect

Eh??
  • Deleted user 6 October 2008 13:10:34
    1.78 seconds death sequence still way too long. Needs to be 1.34 at most.
  • RedSparrows 6 Oct 2008 13:15:07 20,753 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'd say that list is absolute bullshit. Far too many 'OMG YAY' moments for it to be true.

Why on earth, in a story focused, combat driven, KOTOR-improved template of a sci fi RPG would you build a house? Why? I never got the impression ME was keen on customisation (a weakness: armour and guns sucked in it, the inventory better be more distinct and much, much more intuitive).
  • Page

of 226 First / Last

Previous