• LeoliansBro 22 Sep 2008 12:54:54 43,796 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're still here.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• IronGiant 9 Jun 2009 17:15:36 4,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is still draggin on, seems he's launching a last bid to stop extradition on health grounds.

"But his lawyers say he would be at real risk of psychosis or suicide if he was sent to the US."

While i do believe he's guilty and knew exactly what he was doing i think he should serve a light sentence and let the US government make their point. I don't agree with them wanting to put him away for life etc. If anything after serving a couple of years they could enlist his help to tighted up their security!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Jun 2009 17:16:57 25,588 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wouldn't have happened if they'd just got an Indian guy to do his job.
  • DUFFKING 9 Jun 2009 17:18:37 7,213 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    US Government seems like it wants revenge to hide embarassment that this guy got in rather than actual justice.
  • Khanivor 9 Jun 2009 18:21:54 40,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    If anything after serving a couple of years they could enlist his help to tighted up their security!

What help would he be if all he was was a simple script, um, kiddie, as he claims?

If he does get sent to the US I wager he will discover religion within two months.
  • Rodney 10 Jun 2009 01:01:23 1,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    IronGiant wrote:
    If anything after serving a couple of years they could enlist his help to tighted up their security!

What help would he be if all he was was a simple script, um, kiddie, as he claims?

If he does get sent to the US I wager he will discover religion within two months.

What does this mean Khanivor? Do they give less jail time to relgious people over there?
  • DUFFKING 3 Jul 2009 12:08:34 7,213 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's OK guys, the Daily Mail's on the case :/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1197182/Betrayal-naive-hacker-Why-MPs-doing-help-Aspergers-victim-Gary.html

• Deleted user 31 July 2009 14:25:09
    Gary is virtually a goner. The comments in the Groaner are furious

Hacker Gary McKinnon loses appeal against extradition to US
    • McKinnon's family and supporters express dismay at decision
    • High court rules that Jacqui Smith had taken Asperger's into account

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/31/gary-mckinnon-loses-extradition-appeal?commentpage=1
  • Hunam 31 Jul 2009 14:27:54 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    High security prison!? That's a fucking joke right? Does he really deserve to be locked up with murders and rapists for hacking? He hasn't caused physical harm to anyone so why lock him up with nutters?

I'm not against him being extradited per se, because that's the agreement we have with America, but we should at least make sure they treat him properly and not try and get him on the firing line.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 14:31:07
    Hunam wrote:
    High security prison!? That's a fucking joke right? Does he really deserve to be locked up with murders and rapists for hacking? He hasn't caused physical harm to anyone so why lock him up with nutters?

See the above somewhat cruel arguments by mowgli among others. To make an example because that's what the law is about, making examples to scare the rest of us into not breaking it.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 14:34:56
    i still dont think he deserves 70 years. FFs killers and pedos get less.

The punishment is way outta proportion to the crime, all he did was embarrass the US and their pathetically weak IT network. Hardly warrants 70 years.

And if he perpetrated the crime on British soil, why isnt he being tried here? Oh thats cos G.Brown and co wont get blow jobs the next time they goto the white house.
  • Xerx3s 31 Jul 2009 14:36:55 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TBF, the entire US law system needs a reality check.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 14:38:24
    mowgli wrote:
    Bullshit, the US has to send him to jail to 10 years to make an example out of him. Boo hoo it is abit unfair but he should have got into this shit in the first place-it's not hard! If the US don't make an example out of him then there is no deterrent to thousands of others trying the same, and some of them will be sympathetic to terrorists. The law is about punishment, deterrent and rehabilitation.

I don't agree with the above argument but it did seem to have popular support here a few months ago.
  • Hunam 31 Jul 2009 14:41:00 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Xerx3s wrote:
    TBF, the entire US law system needs a reality check.

Are prisons privately run now over there?
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 14:57:39
    The irony is that if Gary was Russian or Chinese, and had been hacking with the intent of doing serious damage, he'd be sitting pretty at the minute.

Even though he is basically a disabled man looking for UFOS, Because hes British - apparently the US's closest ally - he's looking forward to gettinf arse raped in the showers of an Alabama pen twice a day for the next century.
  • Hunam 31 Jul 2009 15:00:33 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But that's the agreement we have with them, it's not a terrible agreement as the point seems to be, what's terrible is US law.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 15:03:56
    Well at least criminals there get punished. I'm tired of reading about people committing horrible crimes here and walking out of jail in time to see the next world cup.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 15:05:20
    Hunam wrote:
    But that's the agreement we have with them, it's not a terrible agreement as the point seems to be, what's terrible is US law.

You could also say you have a subservient government which doesn't some to afford it's citizens much protection from this "terrible" justice system.

If they wanted to execute him, would the government be forced to turn down the extradition?
  • redcrayon 31 Jul 2009 15:09:02 4,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would have thought that common humanity could at least have led to him serving the sentence here, so his family don't have to pay £1,000+ each to visit him for the rest of his life.

• Deleted user 31 July 2009 15:13:21
    dangerpuss wrote:
    Hunam wrote:

You could also say you have a subservient government which doesn't some to afford it's citizens much protection from this "terrible" justice system.

If they wanted to execute him, would the government be forced to turn down the extradition?

If its likely his human rights would be endangered theyre not meant to allow an extradition. Apparently this doesnt include the right not to be agonisingly ass raped by white supremacists 5 times a day for the rest of your life however.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 15:14:18
    I think someone has been watching too much Bravo.
  • rhubarbandcustard 31 Jul 2009 15:16:41 115 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "I would have thought that common humanity could at least have led to him serving the sentence here, so his family don't have to pay £1,000+ each to visit him for the rest of his life."

Government’s figures for the annual cost per prisoner place in British prisons was £32,888 in 2005-06.

Cost to McKinnon family to visit Gary in USA - £1,000
    Cost to British tax payers housing Gary in UK - £32,888 plus annually
    Cost to Mckinnon for an Alabama ass raping every day - priceless
  • Hunam 31 Jul 2009 15:16:53 20,674 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well, they should, which was what I said in my earlier reply, they should be able to try him on their soil with their laws, but it should be moderated by the British Government to make sure that he doesn't get made and example of with a crazy sentence.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 15:24:28
    rhubarbandcustard wrote:
    "I would have thought that common humanity could at least have led to him serving the sentence here, so his family don't have to pay £1,000+ each to visit him for the rest of his life."

Government’s figures for the annual cost per prisoner place in British prisons was £32,888 in 2005-06.

Cost to McKinnon family to visit Gary in USA - £1,000
    Cost to British tax payers housing Gary in UK - £32,888 plus annually
    Cost to Mckinnon for an Alabama ass raping every day - priceless

I think everyone should just take this as a warning to stay well away from America. Both in internet life and in real life.
  • Youthist 31 Jul 2009 15:34:42 10,010 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whereas interestingly, in a British prison, he would be able to spend all his days ON Xbox Live. Funny old world.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Khanivor 31 Jul 2009 15:41:51 40,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DaemonB wrote:
    i still dont think he deserves 70 years. FFs killers and pedos get less.

The punishment is way outta proportion to the crime, all he did was embarrass the US and their pathetically weak IT network. Hardly warrants 70 years.

So he's been tried and sentenced already? Damn, that was fucking quick!
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 15:44:31
    In Howard Mark's book - Mr Nice. He recounted being extradited to the US in similar circumstances. Some of the people in his cannabis smuggling ring who were sent down in the States had never once set foot on US soil.

He didnt seem to mind his time in Federal prison too much. They called him Professor or something and didnt rape his arse.

Gary McKinnon would do well to read this book.

Edit - and he definitely shouldnt read this book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Got-Nothing-Coming-Prison/dp/0767909194/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249051529&sr=8-1
  • Retroid Moderator 31 Jul 2009 15:46:27 44,505 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Whereas interestingly, in a British prison, he would be able to spend all his days ON Xbox Live. Funny old world.
    Quite a trick when they're not supposed to have any internet-enabled devices. For a start.
  • RedSparrows 31 Jul 2009 15:48:32 22,274 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    Youthist wrote:
    Quite a trick when they're not supposed to have any internet-enabled devices. For a start.

Oh, don't you know Retroid? All British prisons are 5 star hotels. Yeah, I was thinking of committing a crime, but I don't wanna go inside and get arse-raped and knifed. OH WAIT.
  • Page

of 12 First / Last