Star Trek Online Page 129

• Page

of 161 First / Last

• BillMurray 24 Jul 2012 11:44:13 7,616 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trying to recover my old character is becoming a massive pain in the arse.

First I try to recover my password and get the following "This appears to be a Perfect World account, please click here to recover the password."

.. as I was prompted to link my old account with a new PW account, then go to the link and get

"The email address you provided is not linked to a Perfect World account. If you feel this message is in error, please contact us at customerservice@perfectworld.com"

Humbug. Hopefully their support is half decent.

Edited by BillMurray at 11:51:15 24-07-2012
  • DFawkes 24 Jul 2012 11:49:40 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Which part? I know some people had trouble, so which part of the process is causing you grief? Creating a Perfect World account or the merging process?

The merge seemed buggy for me, but once I did it twice it went okay.

EDIT: Oh yeah, go ahead and edit yours after I've posted. That doesn't make me look mental at all!

However, that happened to me - it fixed itself when I tried to log in to the game. I launched the game like usual, and tried to log in with my Cryptic account. That didn't work, as part of the linking process had went through, but it asked me to re-link them at that stage.

Might not work for you, but worth a shot :)

Edited by DFawkes at 12:28:01 24-07-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• BillMurray 24 Jul 2012 12:55:36 7,616 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Haha, you replied whilst I was editing mine. I'm gonna give it another go after work and my brain isn't so frazzled by this heat.
  • SClaw 24 Jul 2012 15:13:18 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It was a pain but it worked for me after a couple of tries and about ten different security codes.

After a night of getting back into it I remember why it was such a good game... and why I quit. That UI is a fucking dog. Total eyesore. NEON BLUE. SQUARE. USELESS TOOL TIPS. ANNOYING MENUS. But I can manage for the time being, seeing as you don't need most of that crap anyway.

Deleted my 20 and started from fresh after ten confusing minutes of pawing buttons. Also I have no idea what the hell my logic for that character was as I had a cruiser with nothing but beams on that could fire like once before running out of juice. I assume it made sense when I did it.

Anyway, building up a nice little tank engineer now. Getting back into the ace ship combat (only that pirate game, whatever it was called, had better combat than STO - but that was friggin' punishing).

Question; as a chap who's too tight to spend money on keys, should I be selling these tholian box do-dads on the exchange? If so, how much should I charge? The first one I got I just wacked on there for 1,000 and it vanished in a nano second, which puzzled me because they seem to drop every time I do a mission.
  • Petrarch 24 Jul 2012 16:06:07 3,425 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tried and failed to link my Cryptic account to a perfect world one and just gave up in the end. Can still log in and play, just can't use the website though I've no intention of buying any Zen points ever so no loss.

Did notice prices have gone up and seen people at CO giving off about stuff that used to be free now needs paid for.
  • DFawkes 24 Jul 2012 17:00:12 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The prices have mostly gone up relative to the Zen rate change - that is, both the amount you had in your wallet and can buy scaled up at the same time, so in real terms it's the same as it ever was (same cost in real money, though there are a few exceptions).

SCClaw, firstly the way energy drains weapons changed a bit, so it's likely your beam Cruiser used to work fine. As for the boxes, either sell them now whilst the market is still there, or keep them for a good long time (until after they stop dropping). They will go down in value for a while until they're almost worthless, then when they're no longer available they go up again.

• Whizzo 24 Jul 2012 17:04:23 43,033 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I got another one last night, decided what the hell I'll open it, fucking 5000 fleet credits, absolutely the worst thing I've had out of the 4 I've opened.

Oh well it's not like I'm spending Zen I've really paid for.

/ignores lifer sub cost

This space left intentionally blank.

• Dave_McCoy 24 Jul 2012 19:27:54 2,771 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ooh, so the Ferengi and Cardassian boxes should be more valuable now. Hmmmm, credit making plan formulating.
  • DFawkes 24 Jul 2012 20:33:05 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not saying they're worth tons, but supply and demand - they're the only way to get certain ships, and there is no direct supply source now. They'll get rarer and rarer, so potentially could rise a lot in value.

• myk 25 Jul 2012 12:36:14 548 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't know if anyone's been wondering, but I've been queuing up the tactical missions so we get to 10,000 tactical XP and can start the tier 1 starbase upgrade (think that's how it works, might have to do a tactical upgrade mission first to get starbase xp). After that it probably makes sense to balance out the other fields.
  • DFawkes 25 Jul 2012 18:01:26 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I also thought that was the best plan. It'll be nice to have a proper visible upgrade, plus some proper functionality inside. Plus Fleet Ships! Not sure what else, we shall see when we get there :)

I do apologise for hogging a lot of the easy contributions like Expertise and Dilithium. I'll try to stop! Mostly because I've run out of almost everything now.

• Whizzo 25 Jul 2012 18:21:38 43,033 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Use your replicator then!

• DFawkes 25 Jul 2012 19:27:37 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did! Then ran out of whatever it is that replicators use. Or the resources that closest represent that at least.

• Dave_McCoy 25 Jul 2012 23:42:47 2,771 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've been contributing fleet marks when I can, mostly. I can farm out a 100 or so on a good day. I still prefer the two ground missions for grinding solo. I'm liking the new sense of direction, it does give much more reason to log in.
  • TheRealBadabing 26 Jul 2012 00:05:39 1,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Logged in after a very long time away and I'm utterly lost. Have a lvl 45 up(per) the rear Admiral with a couple of huge ships and no idea how to navigate anywhere. Back to the n00b tutorials for me :)

Probably use that character to farm stuff for an alt and level up with a mate. All the same, even with over 4 million credits I feel really poor as I only have around 22k dilithium and (somehow) 800 space gold.
  • DFawkes 26 Jul 2012 00:06:21 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're fine with that amount of resources. You're actually not that poor :)

There's a new limited time only Special Project incoming that, if we miss it, we'll never get!

You can read about it here. Plants and decorations!

Edited by DFawkes at 00:14:31 26-07-2012

• myk 26 Jul 2012 09:35:22 548 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think the special project slot is potentially one we shouldn't fill up with the 15xp interim projects, otherwise there's a chance we could miss out on these time limited ones by not having completed the normal ones first (at least until we regularly fill up all 3 normal projects on a daily basis).
  • Dave_McCoy 26 Jul 2012 12:11:09 2,771 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ack! The decorating starts today! I'll get some marks saved up.
  • DFawkes 26 Jul 2012 12:38:00 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    myk wrote:
    I think the special project slot is potentially one we shouldn't fill up with the 15xp interim projects, otherwise there's a chance we could miss out on these time limited ones by not having completed the normal ones first (at least until we regularly fill up all 3 normal projects on a daily basis).
    Agreed. So should we just leave the Special Project one empty most of the time? That way we can start exclusive time limited ones when they come along.

Obviously we'd all have to agree to leave it blank so none of us accidentally sets one up, but 2 of you are the posters above me and I see Whizzo on most nights.

Edited by DFawkes at 12:39:34 26-07-2012

• Whizzo 26 Jul 2012 13:00:53 43,033 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll probably be on earlier this evening to take advantage of the fleet bonus time between 18:00-20:00, anyone up for some Tholian killing?

• RichieTenenbaum 26 Jul 2012 13:25:21 2,181 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Logging on in a bit. Mylatestnovella is my username if I could join the fleet. I'm lvl 13!
  • Dave_McCoy 26 Jul 2012 13:35:31 2,771 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Whizzo I'm up for some Tholian killing fo' sho.

The starbase incursion is a great farm for fleet marks as well if we all know what we're doing.
  • DFawkes 26 Jul 2012 14:23:23 22,593 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    Logging on in a bit. Mylatestnovella is my username if I could join the fleet. I'm lvl 13!
    Afraid I'll probably not be on today, but I'm sure one of these other fine gents will get you :)

That decoration special project still doesn't seem to be queueable.

• Ranger_Ryu 26 Jul 2012 15:16:10 1,024 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    RichieTenenbaum wrote:
    If you're not accepted already I'll send you an invite when it goes off mantience (I can invite people at my rank,right?)
  • myk 26 Jul 2012 16:41:12 548 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You should be able to, think it's only ensign rank (lowest tier) that can't and everyone regular has been promoted above that.
  • Dave_McCoy 26 Jul 2012 18:11:45 2,771 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Interior Design is up. Queued it for next project. Just need to get the 550+ Fleet Marks to finish the previous one. The new one is just (!) 200,000 Dilithium
  • thelzdking 26 Jul 2012 18:37:26 4,316 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I should get back on this game and get involved with this, but I just can't motivate myself to boot it up for some reason :/
  • RichieTenenbaum 26 Jul 2012 22:37:08 2,181 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right. I have no idea what I'm doing again. Especially with my inventory and such.

I have

16 radiation samples
    8 Engine Batteries
    A tribble hen
    A delta class shuttle (which doesn't seem to do anything)
    8 Anti matter samples
    A mark II phaser
    Some level 3 kits I'm the wrong "Class" for
    Loads more tribbles
    5 Minor Regenerators
    Some Major Components
    14 mineral samples
    9 Biological Samples
    A critical regenerator - Wut?
    A cybernetic Armature
    A mark II manifold ??
    Some mark III armour
    5 Ship's batteries
    10 Technical Schematics
    2 Small Shield charges (never used one)
    3 Nanopower capacitors
    A Fibro-Neural Interface Cabling Jobbie
    11 Alien Artefacts
    17 Unknown Alloys
    5 Weapons Batteries ??
    7 Ferenghi Lock Boxes
    2 Shields Batteries ??
    A small power cell?
    21 "provisions"
    2 tholian lock boxes
    A mark III EPS flow regulator
    21 'lobi' crystals
    An auxiliary battery?
    'minor components'
    'critical components'
    Anyon Particle Trace (apparently rare)
    A mark IV deflector array
    A chronometric particle trace (apparently rare)

43,938 Energy Credits
    2,320 refined dilithium
    25 GPL

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS STUFF

Should I just chuck it all?
    What can I spend my energy credits on?
  • RichieTenenbaum 26 Jul 2012 23:10:29 2,181 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just been on the weirdest mission ever.

Had to fuck up some scavengers (which Lt Cmdr. Malcolm Reynolds DID NOT LIKE)
    Then I beamed to some Ferenghi's little outpost and started fucking it up, looking for safety violations like a prick (fun job!) then I killed his customers when they got angry.

Then I slaughtered some Klingons.

The Federation are DICKS
  • SClaw 27 Jul 2012 08:34:04 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Totally back into this now.

I just unlocked duty officers which, for some reason, is awesome. It just feels like the SWTOR companion system done right. You know, with companions who shut the fuck up and do what their told and don't thinly veil piss poor crafting.

Anyway, going to put the hours in this weekend and get to my second ship for sure.

Ground combat is still a bit pap, but it's not exactly hard so it never outstays its welcome.
  • Page

of 161 First / Last