Star Trek Online Page 6

• Page

of 163 First / Last

• Spekingur 17 Dec 2009 18:58:35 483 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I want Amazon AND Atari pre-order editions :/
    The automated defense system is something that I would like. I wish I could buy pre-order bonuses without having to pre-order from each and every place X)
  • DFawkes 17 Dec 2009 19:49:54 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Atari one says it not available here either. I'd have had that in a second with it's KHHAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!! emote.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Petrarch 17 Dec 2009 19:55:46 3,429 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's a pre-order FAQ on the website with the latest news post. They say they might offer the various pre-order items as microtransactions at some point for anyone that wants them, but it won't happen at launch.
  • morriss 17 Dec 2009 19:57:05 71,034 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm still wondering how they've done with the transporter. If I don't see my character materialise on a planet with some cool graphics and whoosing sounds I'll be crushed.
  • DFawkes 17 Dec 2009 20:25:47 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    morriss wrote:
    I'm still wondering how they've done with the transporter. If I don't see my character materialise on a planet with some cool graphics and whoosing sounds I'll be crushed.

Of course they will. It was at the Expo, they wouldn't take that out for the game. Transporters are a part of Trek, even the new movie knew that!

Also, D2D UK Deluxe Digital Edition

Includes:

Regenerative Personal Shield
    TOS Uniforms :D
    "KHAAAN!" Emote :D :D
    Klingon Blod Wine Emote
    Exclusive NX Prefix
    Automated Defense Battery
    Trill Race

I've just bought it. I'm having that, and one boxed one. They say on the FAQ most will be available on the microtransaction store anyway, but I really want this stuff, and a disc copy. So D2D and Amazon for me.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Petrarch 17 Dec 2009 20:38:44 3,429 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Right, I'm having that for the TOS uniforms alone :D
  • morriss 17 Dec 2009 20:40:06 71,034 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't know it was there at the expo.
  • Spekingur 17 Dec 2009 20:40:46 483 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So I guess these will be provided as codes that you'll enter in - similar to CO.
  • morriss 17 Dec 2009 20:48:19 71,034 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Annoying that no retail pre-order bonuses are available in Denmark.
  • DFawkes 18 Dec 2009 09:33:52 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow, I was vaguely miffed I couldn't get a silly emote, never thought about those that could get nothing. What about Steam? I'd imagine the Steam bonus would be pretty universal. That's the pretty awesome looking Chromodynamic Armour, though it's not on Steam yet.

• Dave_McCoy 18 Dec 2009 12:00:20 2,777 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Wow, I was vaguely miffed I couldn't get a silly emote, never thought about those that could get nothing. What about Steam? I'd imagine the Steam bonus would be pretty universal. That's the pretty awesome looking Chromodynamic Armour, though it's not on Steam yet.

I'm a little disappointed the armour is personal. I was hoping it'd be ship armour. Never mind, makes the bonus choice a bit easier.
  • DFawkes 18 Dec 2009 12:09:09 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably couldn't balance Voyager super armour so it'd be fair early on, though I agree if it'd had been just cosmetic armour, I'd have had it in a second.

Reading the Pre-order FAQ, it seems extras require the retail key too, so I won't have spare game codes like I hoped. I've got my headstart key from D2D on my account though, so I'll definitely be there day 1.

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Dec 2009 12:24:34 39,458 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How long a sub do you get with that D2D digital deluxe edition?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• DFawkes 18 Dec 2009 12:25:57 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Standard 1 month/30 days, as far as I can tell. Pre-order FAQ does say if, like me (and I've only just realised how strange it is to order the same game twice) you get 2 copies the months stack.

Also, why the fuck did I pay so much just so I could go KHAN!, have the NX prefix and a defence battery? That's why I got that edition. What an idiot I am! Who to blame?

Ah.... KHAAAAANNNNN!!!

• CosmicFuzz 18 Dec 2009 12:28:31 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't suppose this will run on a netbook... :(

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• DFawkes 18 Dec 2009 12:36:23 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tried Champions Online on it? Should be similar performance wise.

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Dec 2009 12:38:51 39,458 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They say they haven't decided how much the monthly sub is going to be :S

This concerns me. How much are these things normally?

• DFawkes 18 Dec 2009 12:41:53 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It'll be the same as CO. No idea how much that is (buffs Lifetime Subber badge and exclusive STO uniform), but about 8.99 I reckon. That's an estimate based on common sense, not actual information. It could be they try to sqeeze Trek fans a bit more, or try to charge that little bit more like Eve does.

If they offer a Lifetime Sub at any point though, I'm in.

• CosmicFuzz 18 Dec 2009 12:43:15 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll have a wee lookie online to see how CO fared on a netbook. I don't hold out much hope though.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• CosmicFuzz 18 Dec 2009 12:47:34 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :(

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Dec 2009 12:51:11 39,458 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    How did you check that?

• CosmicFuzz 18 Dec 2009 12:53:56 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There was a forum post on the CO site where someone asked if if would run on a netbook, and the general response was hysterical laughter.

• DFawkes 18 Dec 2009 12:54:09 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How did who check what? How did Fuzz check his sad face?

EDIT: Oh I see. I can't see it running on a netbook either if I'm honest, but it could happen. In an alternate timeline.

• CosmicFuzz 18 Dec 2009 12:54:38 24,562 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That was the mirror.

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Dec 2009 12:56:47 39,458 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Darkly.

• DFawkes 18 Dec 2009 12:57:52 23,037 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    :D

I've never looked forward to a game this much before! I'll even stay up on release night to play as soon as possible. Spends ages on my character, tweaking my starter ship to my own idea of perfection, fitting just the right parts, using just the right crew... and boldly going, where no Fawkes has gone before.

/Warp 9

• mcmonkeyplc 18 Dec 2009 13:08:16 39,458 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm still on Yellow Alert I'm afraid.

I dont want to get too excited. I've never really gotten into an MMO so this will be my first. I've tried EVE but that was too complex and boring for tiny little mind.

For me I think what will make it awesome or average is the music and sound. If they have that nailed I'll probably play it till my eyes and ears bleed!

Is there a free trial of Champions Online so that I can test performance on my PC and lappy?

I intend on upgrading the PC specfically for this.

• Spekingur 18 Dec 2009 13:49:33 483 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ≡v≡ was complex? :-o
  • Petrarch 18 Dec 2009 16:13:59 3,429 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

Is there a free trial of Champions Online so that I can test performance on my PC and lappy?

Don't know about a trial, but there is a referral program that subscribers can use to invite folks. If you want I could sort an invite out for you.
  • mcmonkeyplc 18 Dec 2009 16:15:32 39,458 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Petrarch wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:

Don't know about a trial, but there is a referral program that subscribers can use to invite folks. If you want I could sort an invite out for you.

Do I have to pay to try?

• Page

of 163 First / Last