Wii sports resort Page 16

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• N.A.T.O 2 Aug 2009 20:20:53 43 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My five year old son has repeatedly battered me in the swordfighting!!! I wasn't holding back either.

Well worth the purchase.
  • Deleted user 3 August 2009 09:04:50
    Finally took Lucia down yesterday. She saved two match points but in the end I beat her 8-6. 8D
  • MrSemprini 3 Aug 2009 09:25:57 9,449 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don't be shy with details on how you did it :)
  • Deleted user 3 August 2009 10:37:35
    Well one thing I did was to stop trying to finish points with smashes (unless I knew for certain I'd win the point). If she was over to the side I'd spank it right back at her, then tuck her return away in the opposite corner.

Another tactic was to slice the ball a lot. She sometimes leaves it so, so late to return them, and the ball ends up looping so high that you can place it really well with an early topspin shot.
  • Youthist 3 Aug 2009 17:44:59 10,083 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cycling is great.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Youthist 4 Aug 2009 17:56:52 10,083 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How do you dribble in basketball? Anyone?

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Deleted user 4 August 2009 18:09:39
    About time for the backlash, isn't it ? I thought it was over hyped reheated drivel, myself.

/plays Island flyover for the millionth time.
  • Thingy 4 Aug 2009 20:54:00 5,453 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm really liking the golf in this game. I was pretty chuffed to get the 9 under par badge so now there's just the -18 to get. That is going to take some serious effort though. Getting close to the pin on the approach to the green is much easier since I figured out how to put backspin on the ball.

It's convinced me that I need to buy Tiger Woods Golf.
  • Burkey123 4 Aug 2009 23:42:30 382 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Youthist wrote:

Just well.......... dribble using the wiimote.

+1 about the golf. I'm loving it. Still haven't got that -9 badge though. I was 7 under with two holes to go one time, when I triple bogeyed the 2nd last hole.
    How do you put backspin on the ball? Sometimes I do it and sometimes I don't. A tip came up one time but I still don't understand.
    I spent all last night playing the power cruising. Awesome stuff. Archery is as good as ever. (Finally moved onto intermediate)
    Got crushed by the champion in table tennis 1-6. Overall still loving this.
  • roz123 5 Aug 2009 13:48:02 7,113 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    i have been wondering about how backspin works, i have done it a couple of times but my gf seems to do it everytime without fail.
  • Thingy 5 Aug 2009 14:17:55 5,453 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like Burkey said, it came up in one of the Tips.

Do a full backswing but stop the controller sharply at the bottom of your golf swing; don't follow through. It seems to me that the more sharply you stop the controller, the more backspin you put on the ball.

I found it harder to control the power of the shot when doing this (in fact I finished +4 on the 1st round I tried using it) but once I got the hang of it, it was great for stopping the ball on the green and getting close to the flag for an easy birdie.
  • Burkey123 5 Aug 2009 16:49:05 382 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cool thanks Thingy. I'm heading on now so I'll give it a go.
  • thiagolr 5 Aug 2009 19:37:33 2 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wii Sport Resort Records:
    http://www.wii-records.com/records.php?game_id=457

(the competition just started)
  • Youthist 6 Aug 2009 14:46:01 10,083 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I tried this "press 1 or 2" instead of "A" in the table tennis (ie make it an 11 point game) but it did nothing? Is this true in Vs. mode, which is where I tried it? I was playing my mate. I have not tried it in 1UP.

• Youthist 6 Aug 2009 14:47:15 10,083 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Burkey123 wrote:
    Youthist wrote:

How? Description please. Like phyiscally what do I do with the wiimote to make the men move?

• MrSemprini 6 Aug 2009 14:52:06 9,449 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    I tried this "press 1 or 2" instead of "A" in the table tennis (ie make it an 11 point game) but it did nothing? Is this true in Vs. mode, which is where I tried it? I was playing my mate. I have not tried it in 1UP.

Try holding 2 while you select your Mii, I think that's where I got it to work. That was for single player, don't see why it wouldn't also work for two player.
  • Deleted user 6 August 2009 14:54:04
    For the 11-point table tennis matches you need to hold 2 while the game is loading. I'm not sure exactly when you need to start holding it, so I just do it from the moment I select TT from the main menu.
  • Youthist 6 Aug 2009 14:59:02 10,083 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does it tell you when its selected, or will you only find out as the game commences?

• souvlaki 6 Aug 2009 15:10:49 731 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cid wrote:
    For the 11-point table tennis matches you need to hold 2 while the game is loading. I'm not sure exactly when you need to start holding it, so I just do it from the moment I select TT from the main menu.

That is how I do it also - it works in 1P and 2P mode
  • MrSemprini 6 Aug 2009 15:54:07 9,449 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Does it tell you when its selected, or will you only find out as the game commences?

When you start the match, it just shows as 11 point game, there's no message or anything like that.
  • Burkey123 6 Aug 2009 17:12:57 382 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Burkey123 wrote:
    Youthist wrote:

How? Description please. Like phyiscally what do I do with the wiimote to make the men move?

Shake the wiimote up and down and the player with the ball will dribble. The player automatically moves but you can't direct the player. He just goes towards the basket.
  • tardo 6 Aug 2009 19:16:52 261 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still enjoying the swordplay quite a lot. I'm up to level 19 of the Showdown.
  • figaro7 6 Aug 2009 22:49:26 1,386 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice one! I Cant for the life of me beat the guy at table tennis whos skill is at 1467ish or around there, i was up 4-1 at one stage but blew it! Sword play is awesome, getting some swipes and jabs in when the Ai is preparing to hit you is bliss!
  • tardo 6 Aug 2009 22:57:59 261 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've not done much of the table tennis, but it was good fun, and looks like it'll get quite tricky. Think there are too many ames on wsr for me to do at the moment (plus my ds and just got grand slam), hence me just focusing on the showdown. love the music.
  • Binny 6 Aug 2009 23:27:09 187 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Loving this game at the mo. Table tennis is brilliant, however I'm currently trying my best to beat Lucia : ( who's a bloody master.
    Sword fighting is excellent - really shows off what the MP can do.

This game is a real showcase for MP & more so than the other releases. Just purchased Grand Slam Tennis as well & at the moment I'm a little dissapointed. I'll have to watch those essential you tube videos I suppose before I trade it in.
  • Deleted user 7 August 2009 19:43:48
    The funny thing about table tennis is that I'm now struggling to win normal matches, yet when I came up against Lucia again I spanked her 11-6. Even went 7-0 up.
  • figaro7 8 Aug 2009 05:02:01 1,386 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally beat Lucia 6-3, won the next 2 matches, ranking upto 1640ish, lost one match now im back playing lucia...!
  • Burkey123 8 Aug 2009 11:13:05 382 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can't even come close to beating Lucia! Got hammered 2 - 6 last night. I just got all the achievements on the return challenge though.
    I've been playing a lot of swordplay recently. The showdown is just awesome. Canoeing in co-op is hilarious! Played with my dad yesterday and he was sweating within minutes!
  • AlcohollicA 9 Aug 2009 21:40:32 2,357 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gah, one of my motion plus remotes is asking to be reconfigured every few seconds while playing this.

Ive tried taking the batteries out, reattaching the mp, updating the wii, no luck. :(
  • Pure-Ultra 9 Aug 2009 22:51:28 741 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    What does boke mean?

There is a place in Birmingham called Selly Oak. Lots of students live there as its close the University. A lot of people refer to it as Smelly Boke.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last