MAG - Massive Action Game Page 3

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• Aretak 22 Jul 2008 20:22:04 10,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    First in-game screen up on the PS Blog. Tiny though.
  • Execta 23 Jul 2008 10:46:38 3 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graphics looks awesome compared to the huge player mass and wide battlefields. I'm really interested in this game. Sounds pretty promising and now it even looks great. We can only wait for a nice game 'cos Zipper is developing it.

I can already imagine players cordinating their attack on a plane, everybody knows the drill and the job they have to do. After a discussion, the plane has arrived above the drop zone. Green light, go go go! 30 players make a massive parachute jump from the plane and land on a roof of enemy's base building. Then they grap a rappel and jump in from a windows while glass falls into enemies' faces, clean the room and the enemy team got pwned. Then we can make our conversation in a text chat: "Whoa! The operation was succesful." - "That was real cool when you HeadShotDude921 jumped through that window!".

Heheheh. And when the enemy is attacking on your base. Can you imagine looking down there into few hundred meters with binoculars and you can only see a large army of enemies coming right this way; about 10 trucks full of soldiers, 20 massive tanks, APCs, running soldiers and some sniper groups crawling in the bushes and getting ready for a clear shot. No time and the binocular man gets shot by a sniper. ;)
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Jul 2008 10:48:02 39,510 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If they manage to pull this off they can consider a PS3 sold. IF!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• tonynibbles 23 Jul 2008 11:40:38 2,247 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeh.

I am hoping that this is the fulfillment of a 4/5 year wait, post-Planetside.

Zipper should pull this one off, the original SOCOM was wicked so they've shown they can do the combat gameplay bit.
    And seeing as the entire game sits on an 256 player element, that bit will be core in terms or making sure the game works - they'd have nailing that bit down on their list as a first priority before announcing it.

I've high hopes.
  • tonynibbles 23 Jul 2008 13:40:26 2,247 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BF2 had pretty good strategic tools, with full heirarchical breakdown of commands from Commander down to Private.
    Loved being commander, giving Squad leaders commands for defending/attacking objectives and sending in airstrikes on places.

Ultimately, people could do what the fuck they wanted - but the commander could reward well-behaved squads and scores would reflect that too.
    The freedom part is essential, as the commander could be talking out of his arse anyway.

With the freedom element, you're always going to get lone-rangers but so long as everyone is on the same objective, its mostly all good.
    Teams who *do* co-operate and work together nearly always win, so the incentive is there.

Just exactly how much difference is there in 128 players on a large scale map, all fighting to capture a flag, compared to 16 players trying to do the same thing on a smaller scale map?
    With both of those examples, I dont think people should get worried about 'control' and 'people not taking orders'. There is a global objective for both sides.
    BF2 and Planetside are good examples of where this works. And the large scale battle thing has arguably not been done enough to cite truly poor examples of it...
  • bauhaus 23 Jul 2008 13:55:02 3,512 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Planetside was mental for teamwork, huge numbers of people all very willing to co-operate, massive well co-ordinated attacks and defenses. Some of my best gaming moments in that game, personally if a similar (or better) infrastructure is in this place then I would not be too worried about lack of teamplay. Lone rangers would, i imagine, get dropped from squads in favour of team players.

This *could* be the ONE!
  • Anthony_UK 23 Jul 2008 13:55:08 2,540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Killzone - looks more and more average the more I see of it......

Metal Gear - 3/4 of the way in, and i've pretty much lost interest

Little Big Planet - meh! i'm 27 now not 15 and I have other commitments, I want ready made levels thankyou very much.

This on the other hand could be the killer app i've been waiting for, that finally gives my smirking 360 a good bitch slapping! and actually makes me feel happy about owning a PS3 for once!
  • JediMasterMalik 23 Jul 2008 15:18:22 11,820 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anthony_UK wrote:
    Little Big Planet - meh! i'm 27 now not 15 and I have other commitments, I want ready made levels thankyou very much.

That's convenient for you considering the game comes with 60 of them.
  • LetsGo 23 Jul 2008 15:25:16 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    Anthony_UK wrote:

That's convenient for you considering the game comes with 60 of them.

Plus hundreds you can download....
  • Dappa 23 Jul 2008 15:34:50 64 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anthony_UK wrote:

This on the other hand could be the killer app i've been waiting for, that finally gives my smirking 360 a good bitch slapping! and actually makes me feel happy about owning a PS3 for once!

WOW i am 25 and cant wait for Little Big Planet, i mean at last a game which really does have unending potential in regards to creativity, fun and community.

OK Killzone fair play

Metal Gear, are you a fan?? I mean that game is awesome one of the only recent games to actually give me some emotional response in ages.

BIG UP KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS!
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Jul 2008 15:38:46 39,510 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dappa wrote:

Oh god!

• JediMasterMalik 23 Jul 2008 15:40:07 11,820 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Dappa wrote:

Oh god!

You'd say the same for Bungie you hypocrite. ;)
  • LetsGo 23 Jul 2008 15:43:41 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Dappa wrote:

Oh god!

Or do a YouTube tribute vid...

..oh wait...
  • captain_MAXIMUS 23 Jul 2008 15:45:23 127 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bet its like warhawk with really bad lag.
  • mcmonkeyplc 23 Jul 2008 15:46:29 39,510 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    JediMasterMalik wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    Dappa wrote:

Oh god!

Or do a YouTube tribute vid...

..oh wait...

No, I would not say Big up! I would say: ALL HAIL BUNGIE!

Then create a fan trailer... :p

• captain_MAXIMUS 23 Jul 2008 15:50:10 127 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If they made it with graphics like cod 4 then that would be awesome
  • Anthony_UK 23 Jul 2008 19:03:10 2,540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dappa wrote:
    Anthony_UK wrote:

WOW i am 25 and cant wait for Little Big Planet, i mean at last a game which really does have unending potential in regards to creativity, fun and community.

OK Killzone fair play

Metal Gear, are you a fan?? I mean that game is awesome one of the only recent games to actually give me some emotional response in ages.

I'm aware that LBP does have single levels, but I believe that the main focus is still the whole create and share thing, which I do think is great. But realistically for every great level someone uploads your going to have sift though 99 other boring ones. Personally I'd rather spend my money on something like mario galaxy, but I do understand the appeal.

Metal Gear, loved the first and second. Missed the 3rd. But after the massive hype, personally I feel like i'm left with a fairly entertaining movie, with a 'above average' stealth game at best chucked in between. I'd even go as far as to say gameplay v gameplay splinter cell is still the better game!

/runs for cover
  • JediMasterMalik 23 Jul 2008 19:50:03 11,820 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You won't have to sift through every one, there's a ratings system.

Next.
  • LetsGo 23 Jul 2008 19:55:19 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    funkyd wrote:
    LetsGo wrote:
    nekotcha wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Don't quite a few PS3 games have dedicated server? Maybe that's what the 'Only possible on PS3' comment was about.

Dedicated servers are not a feature exclusive to PS3, just depends on the title and publisher in question as to whether they're necessary or not.

Nah, not exclusive to the PS3, they have them on the PC too!

You get them on 360 as well.

OOI what 360 game has dedicated servers?
  • funkyd 23 Jul 2008 20:02:07 7,522 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    funkyd wrote:
    LetsGo wrote:
    nekotcha wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Don't quite a few PS3 games have dedicated server? Maybe that's what the 'Only possible on PS3' comment was about.

Dedicated servers are not a feature exclusive to PS3, just depends on the title and publisher in question as to whether they're necessary or not.

Nah, not exclusive to the PS3, they have them on the PC too!

You get them on 360 as well.

OOI what 360 game has dedicated servers?

A good few. Have a google if you're that interested.
  • jozz 23 Jul 2008 20:02:58 4,871 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can find a few here.
  • LetsGo 23 Jul 2008 20:04:20 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jozz wrote:
    You can find a few here.

Cheers, I did in the end and your right, there is one.

UT3. Better than none I guess eh?
  • jozz 23 Jul 2008 20:05:24 4,871 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You clearly aren't very good at the internet I guess.
  • funkyd 23 Jul 2008 20:07:16 7,522 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jozz wrote:
    You clearly aren't very good at the internet I guess.

Seconded. And go back to your cave please, troll.
  • LetsGo 23 Jul 2008 20:09:40 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iím not trolling, I asked a simple non-fanboy related question. What games have dedicated servers on the 360 cos Iíve not played a game yet on mine that has some.
    He replied google (stupidly I might add), which I did, and all I got was UT3.
    Shout at google not the messenger.
  • Whizzo 23 Jul 2008 20:15:01 43,268 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Frontlines and Battlefield Bad Company both have dedicated servers for a start.

This space left intentionally blank.

• LetsGo 23 Jul 2008 20:16:42 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:

Cool, thanks for the sensible reply.
  • reddevil93 23 Jul 2008 20:19:06 11,943 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    w00t wrote:
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Oh, I thought all was P2P now days aside from PS3.
    Nah, EA games are server-based.

• funkyd 23 Jul 2008 20:20:16 7,522 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LetsGo wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:

Oh do fuck off.
  • LetsGo 23 Jul 2008 20:24:46 5,313 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    funkyd wrote:
    LetsGo wrote:
    Whizzo wrote:

Oh do fuck off.

*laughs* another kid for the ignore list.
  • Page

of 132 First / Last