MAG - Massive Action Game Page 131

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• L3E 15 Aug 2011 12:28:27 48 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm now lvl 60 on SVER. I'm having fun leading squads however when I'm not SL it's a little boring.

Can anybody add me who still plays? trfcL3E

I dont mind making a new account just to play with people.
  • JBlokeUK 2 Sep 2011 07:23:13 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So good to see plenty of people still playing this. Glad I didn't sell it and after maxing SVER and getting to Level 35 Raven in a little over 2 weeks I'll be maxing out this character and going onto Valor.

Not many people talk on the mics though but people still seem to work well together most of the time despite this.

Anyone here still playing?

I like it when he's angry.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Sep 2011 08:35:17 37,902 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I keep meaning to, but I think I need a group of friends to play with. Its a bit dry when you're on your own.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• repairmanjack 2 Sep 2011 11:24:15 6,024 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DDevil wrote:
    I keep meaning to, but I think I need a group of friends to play with. Its a bit dry when you're on your own.

Been thinking the same. Let me know if you're up for some games one night next week. GT is madtheswine, same as 360... can't remember if we're PSN buddies as well.
  • PastorJones 21 Sep 2011 00:06:48 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not posted on here for a while, still with Valor but joined a different clan-TGC. Anyone interested in joining should check out theguncircus.com. We have hardcore members from all over, UK, USA, Oz, Spain, who play every day. Pretty much round the clock but they mostly come out at night. Mostly. The only requirements are:

* You have a headset
    *You are aged 15 or over
    *You have a med kit
    *You aren't an arsehole

Contact Pastor-Jones or, erm hold on...
  • PastorJones 21 Sep 2011 00:08:11 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    HotCupOfBEAST if you want to roll with us.

Jesus loves you.
  • PastorJones 21 Sep 2011 00:08:55 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Unless your name is coolbritannia
  • Sandhurst 13 Oct 2011 09:25:07 79 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thinking of picking this up at lunch time. Got a couple questions for anyone helpful enough to answer...please forgive my ignorance if i ask anything stupid!
    Are people still playing?
    Can I buy the newer version in the shops or is it download only?
  • Greasemonkey 13 Oct 2011 11:59:17 46 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Loads of people are still playing this game Sandhurst, although it may be somewhat difficult to begin with for new players, saying that though if you stick with it Mag is one of them very rare games that does actually make you feel like your in a war.
    As for the latest version being available on disc I think it will still need updating online.
    Hope you buy it great game.
  • Sandhurst 13 Oct 2011 12:48:46 79 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers Grease, just got back to the desk from a unsuccessful hunt for it but will try on the way home. Is there an EG group/clan/herd etc for MAG?
  • JBlokeUK 13 Oct 2011 12:52:54 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I still play this 2-3 times a week and am usually in a game within 5 minutes.

Brilliant game but when you start off I advise on getting the resuscitation skill and healing team mates as much as you can as you'll level up faster and therefore get access to better weapons, attachments etc. I would get on and join you to help but I live in Australia so the time difference will make that difficult.

• Sandhurst 13 Oct 2011 12:58:01 79 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JBlokeUK wrote:

Brilliant game but when you start off I advise on getting the resuscitation skill and healing team mates as much as you can as you'll level up faster and therefore get access to better weapons, attachments etc. I would get on and join you to help but I live in Australia so the time difference will make that difficult.

Thanks mate, any other tips?
  • infoxicated 13 Oct 2011 13:16:50 1,104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sandhurst wrote:Is there an EG group/clan/herd etc for MAG?
    There was, but they all went to BFBC2 when it came out and that was pretty much the end of the MAG clan games.

I played on for a while after that in search of those elusive games where everyone works together, because it feels really rewarding when you know your contribution influenced the outcome of the battle.

Kind of gave up on it eventually when it became increasingly rare to get that kind of game, though.

I've been meaning to go back to it after SOCOM 4 was such a disappointment, so if you choose Raven and fancy someone to buddy up with then send me a friend request (same name as here... and everywhere!) and I'll jump back in with you. :o)
  • Sandhurst 13 Oct 2011 13:20:53 79 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    Sandhurst wrote:Is there an EG group/clan/herd etc for MAG?
    There was, but they all went to BFBC2 when it came out and that was pretty much the end of the MAG clan games.

I played on for a while after that in search of those elusive games where everyone works together, because it feels really rewarding when you know your contribution influenced the outcome of the battle.

Kind of gave up on it eventually when it became increasingly rare to get that kind of game, though.

I've been meaning to go back to it after SOCOM 4 was such a disappointment, so if you choose Raven and fancy someone to buddy up with then send me a friend request (same name as here... and everywhere!) and I'll jump back in with you. :o)

Will do.
  • HisDudness 13 Oct 2011 13:31:09 974 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @infoxicated

What was such a disappointment about SOCOM 4 for you (besides the lack of squads at launch)? I'm still having a lot of fun with it. The no re-spawn rooms are great fun.

MAG is one of my favourites this gen, but I don't play it a bunch anymore, mostly because of SOCOM. I'm also on Raven, but from what I understand the faction you choose will go a long way to deciding how you experience the game. There tends to be a bit of a team stack towards SVER in most modes.

I also wish they would make the Interdiction DLC (currently free I believe) a mandatory install so that the community would play it. It's my favourite game mode.
  • infoxicated 13 Oct 2011 17:56:21 1,104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just think they messed up what SOCOM was originally all about.

I'd been waiting for that game for years, but in the end I gave up on it after two months. Asked myself if I'd be playing it if it didn't have the SOCOM name on it. The answer was no. :o\
  • JBlokeUK 14 Oct 2011 00:08:58 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sandhurst wrote:
    JBlokeUK wrote:

Thanks mate, any other tips?

Well I generally find that sticking to a group (preferably one who know what they are doing) is vital as if you go off alone and get killed, then nobody will be even close enough to revive you.

You'll also get a choice of 5 loadouts so use them all wisely to arm yourself for different situations. If you're defending then have a loadout that has a repair kit and a personnel mine/vehicle mine to keep attackers at bay, however saying that you'll need to level up a fair bit first before you get access to the mines.

It will be daunting at first but stick with it as you won't regret it.

• Greasemonkey 15 Oct 2011 08:17:39 46 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was hoping to get some MAG in on the weekend and was looking to join a few of you guys.
    I only have one char on Raven but would be quite happy to make another so I can join you up, I am not great but always bring a med kit to the battle and beer ofc.

My psn username is Cupidstunt73, if you do add me just let me know your one of the Eurogamer lot.
    Hope to see you in a squad :0)

• infoxicated 15 Oct 2011 11:20:20 1,104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LOL! Even without the '73, that PSN ID gives away your age a bit. ;o)
  • Greasemonkey 15 Oct 2011 12:57:20 46 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I reckon if you noticed that you should be about the same age then, give or take a few yrs either side :0)

• wayneh 15 Oct 2011 16:44:51 2,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm going to have to fire this up again. I vetted from Raven to SVER and really wish I hadn't, from what I remember I'm around level 25 so it will be ages until I can vet back. I really used to enjoy playing with a good squad as it really makes for a decent game.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• JBlokeUK 16 Oct 2011 10:55:05 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Might take you quicker than you think wayneh. I maxed on SVER and went to Raven and took me about a month to get from level 25 to level 62 which is my level at the moment. Plenty of people still playing this too.

• wayneh 16 Oct 2011 11:00:51 2,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If I can drag myself away from Fifa I'll fire this up, I might even cancel my order for BF3 I can always pick it up later.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• JBlokeUK 16 Oct 2011 11:04:23 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I haven't even thought about getting BF3 because of this game. Definitely one of my favourite games this generation.

Just bought a bluetooth headset and most games I go into I find people actually talk back! Had a great game earlier where 3-4 of us were using great communication to fend off attackers and won the game easily.

• Deleted user 16 October 2011 11:20:13
    JBloke, I feel sorry for you not being part of the EG clan when we played a lot. Most of us were on coms and the highlight was a Domination match where we had 3 and a half squads of members, which is almost an entire platoon!

Playing with an organized squad or two remains one of my best MP experiences ever. We played the crap out of that game and what made me stop (and I think most of the other clan members) was the core gun play which was weak and the endless community experiments the devs did in patches: the super accuracy of the SMGs, the insane "panick knifing" introduced at some point, the Raven maps unbalance, etc.

I know they've corrected all those and introduced some new DLC packs but eventually it got old and tired.

IMHO, if a FPS game does not have the core elements right (what is known as "run and gun" as well as network performance) it will not survive in the length, no matter how good the game and team play mechanics are on top of that core.

Hats off to the devs for being so bold and experimenting so much with the patches, plus the brilliant game modes. Designing such a complex game mode and implementing it takes a lot of balls!
  • Progguitarist 16 Oct 2011 11:25:51 10,422 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Those nights were awesome. If MAG had the gunplay of the big hitters it would have been unstoppable. I play a few rounds every now and then from time to time.
  • HisDudness 16 Oct 2011 16:10:27 974 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The MAG gunplay is pretty good actually. There is very little auto aim, and player health is high enough that you can pull off a little strafing battle. Near the beginning of release nearly everyone rolled with LMGs because you needed the extra magazine capacity to put someone down, but now the guns are much better, and there is a good variety of load outs on the battlefield. It's too bad the DLC rooms aren't better populated, because for me they are improvements on the original game types.
  • PastorJones 17 Oct 2011 18:02:10 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Still play most nights, any regular players on Valor looking for a clan msg me, Pastor-Jones or check out theguncircus.com.
  • Widge Moderator 11 Jun 2012 10:51:55 13,479 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dust has brought this to mind recently. Did I remember reading that this had gone F2P up to a certain level, or am I just imagining that?

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Greasemonkey 11 Jun 2012 11:41:19 46 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think it was Killzone 3 you might have read about Widge.
  • Page

of 132 First / Last