MAG - Massive Action Game Page 130

• Page

of 132 First / Last

• repairmanjack 10 Jun 2011 18:47:58 5,954 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So, levelled up medic and repair... and just earned nearly 3000 XP in one game. So, killing has now become of minor importance. :)
  • repairmanjack 10 Jun 2011 18:48:32 5,954 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HisDudness wrote:
    Could be a region thing. Does it say the region on the disk?

The NA case and EU case are different, but the disk may have been swapped out, so it's best to check that.

Otherwise try writing someone at Sony. I've seen on the forum that this has been an issue for awhile (though I thought it was resolved in a patch).

SVER is easy mode by the way :)

Raven for life!

Thanks for the reply, man. Think I'll drop them a line.
  • L3E 15 Jun 2011 16:23:03 48 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had this when I had a PS3 and loved it. I'm looking at getting a PS3 again this weekend so I will deffo buy this. Only 8 in CEX so I will get Gamestation to price match.

add me to PSN trfcL3E. I had a SVER character so I dont know if that would still show on my account but I am more than happy to delete this and join a diff faction if people have changed.
  • Progguitarist 15 Jun 2011 20:12:52 10,316 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It should still be there Lee. I remember we played a few games together :)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Jul 2011 18:28:15 36,275 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Right, got this yesterday. Not even put it in the PS3 yet... But is there anything I should know before starting off?

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Progguitarist 3 Jul 2011 19:42:55 10,316 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's very confusing at first and quite tough if you aren't in co ordinated squads. As others have pointed out, try to unlock the medic revive skill to help level up a bit faster.
  • repairmanjack 3 Jul 2011 21:43:39 5,954 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Avoid Suppression mode like the plague. It's an asshole magnet. The game itself is fantastic once you settle in. And, yep, level up the medic stuff fast.
  • PastorJones 3 Jul 2011 22:59:52 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DDevil,

If you decide to play with valor add Pastor-Jones. You're welcome to join our clan (Valor Air Elite). We're over 300 strong, valor's biggest clan I think and we have 30 or so hardcore members who play most nights (myself included). Mostly americans and brits, we take up 2-3 squads most games so you'd always be alongside clan mates. Good bunch of guys who'd be happy to answer any questions so yeah, join us. In fact, anyone else on valor feel free to add me and join us.
  • PastorJones 3 Jul 2011 23:07:59 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    P.s

Suppression is fine imo, especially if you're in a group or clan deploy.
  • repairmanjack 3 Jul 2011 23:43:24 5,954 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Think the avoiding Suppression was the advice several people on here gave me. I moved out of it as quickly as I could, as it was a permanent round of being killed in the spawn. Too many clowns would just wait for a few of you to respawn and just pump a grenade round at your feet. Four more kills, no effort. It went on constantly. Socom suffers from a similar problem. Wish Zipper would try to tackle it. It doesn't happen in other modes, thankfully.

Would be interested in joining you for some games sometime, PJ. I'll add you when I get online again. I'm madtheswine.
  • richarddavies 4 Jul 2011 19:00:55 2,572 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got this for free of Wayneh the other week. Played it a little bit and it seems pretty good. I didn't know much about the differences between the groups (Valour,Raven) so I just stuck with Valour. It's a pretty solid game really. I'm not too keen on the way you pick a game but apart from that I like it. I downloaded the map pack that's on the Playstation plus section aswell while its free but I've not been able to get a game going on it yet either unfortunately.
  • PastorJones 6 Jul 2011 11:45:33 40 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Interdiction is great. I like them all really. If you play in a group or clan the game is a much greater experience. Only shooter i'll play online until Battlefield 3 is out.

Anyone on valor without a clan feel free to add me and join us. Just be sure to let me know in the msg who you are though, get friend requests off randoms alot.
  • L3E 6 Jul 2011 14:13:25 48 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmmmm I dont know what to do now. I'm due to get my PS3 this week (I hope) so do I stay on my SVER character which I think is around level 30 I think or do I just delete it and make a Valor character to play with Pastor???

I havent played in around 1 year and I have memories of how bad Valor where, but I badly want to play with a clan.

EDIT: I will just make an alt PSN. Sorted!
  • Progguitarist 6 Jul 2011 14:15:11 10,316 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Playing with Valor made me want to break things.
  • infoxicated 6 Jul 2011 21:12:30 1,022 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I haven't touched SOCOM 4 in a couple of weeks now, so I think I'll be trading it and going back to MAG. Hope there's a double XP weekend soon so I can vet' my Raven character. :o)
  • M_of_the_sys 7 Jul 2011 07:47:08 1,154 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've really wanted to go back onto MAG the last couple of weeks but then I think about that stupid credits system they introduced.
  • L3E 7 Jul 2011 09:35:43 48 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    M_of_the_sys wrote:
    I've really wanted to go back onto MAG the last couple of weeks but then I think about that stupid credits system they introduced.

I got a new PS3 last night and loaded MAG up this morning. I was expecting to jump on and have all my skills/weapons etc the same but damn, I was confused.

I have a level 33 SVER character and I am still with BTH (Better than Halo) Are there any SVER players on here still with BTH or in a different clan? I would prefer to level my SVER character and go from there.

Sidenote: What good loadouts are there nowadays? I have maxed out revive and put points in repair, I have put a few on Assault rifles etc and with the credits I have bought an Assault rifle (AK107 or something like that) and RPG.

I feel like a noob again.
  • Deleted user 7 July 2011 09:43:22
    i do. i have a level 50 something sevr character. i stopped playing after i was talked into joining the campers! :p
  • jumpdeveraux 7 Jul 2011 14:31:09 182 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think I still have my max'd out SVER character. Never really loaded MAG since moving overseas and SOCOM4 just arrived so might give that online a go first.

I do miss those MAG days... picnic rug... sandwiches with a light machine gun dressing ... salad days indeed.
  • L3E 7 Jul 2011 16:21:43 48 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DDevil, where are you at in terms of faction etc?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 7 Jul 2011 16:55:40 36,275 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I joined Raven, and am sat pretty at level 5. I've not played much to be honest.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• infoxicated 8 Jul 2011 14:21:05 1,022 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't think the game really gets fun until you're up in the 30's. Before that I just felt powerless against the sharp-shooting hordes.

I'm going to try and get some MAG in this weekend, just to get back into the swing of it. Maybe see you around if you're playing on Raven, DDevil. :o)
  • JBlokeUK 13 Aug 2011 13:19:32 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What are the numbers like on this? Still plenty of people playing?

I like it when he's angry.

• JBlokeUK 13 Aug 2011 23:48:06 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How so?

• JBlokeUK 14 Aug 2011 07:58:40 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Actually just went on and have switched to Raven after maxing out on SVER and jumped straight into a game of Domination. I had forgotten how good this game is, and to think I was considering selling it! Not now.

• JBlokeUK 14 Aug 2011 23:46:50 2,309 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've never really experienced any lag myself. This game is definitely one of the best online games this generation.

• Page

of 132 First / Last