Good Old Games Page 40

• Page

of 50 First / Last

• JBlokeUK 21 Apr 2012 06:34:41 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just bought Rollercoaster Tycoon: Deluxe which I loved when it was first released.

Is it worth getting the second also if you have the first?

I like it when he's angry.

• dsmx 21 Apr 2012 08:20:47 7,605 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Second one builds on the first as it adds some nice features when your building, with that said I did prefer the scenarios in the first game. But the second games makes it easier to build better parks, it's the little things such as being able to build stalls without having to raise the land underneath first that make the second one better.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• pauleyc 27 Apr 2012 13:01:05 4,462 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New releases and a promo!

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
    Myst V: End of Ages
    EA Guns and Spells promo: 50% off
  • Hexagon 1 May 2012 17:49:56 352 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    All you GOG users, do me a favour and click the link in my sig and vote. I really do not understand how much harder it can be to sell games for Linux as well considering how they (GOG) are already selling the games for Windows. As they have the rights to sell the games, and since Linux versions exist (such as with Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Unreal Tournament 2004, and Neverwinter Nights, as well as pretty much every indie game coming out), there shouldn't be that much of an issue. Plus, with all the recent news regarding Steam coming to Linux...

GOG for Linux!

• Deleted user 1 May 2012 17:53:21
    The problem comes not with the packaging and distribution, but the fact that they'd have to officially support such things. It'll probably come one day, but I doubt it'll be any time soon.
  • JBlokeUK 1 May 2012 18:17:53 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Splinter Cell and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver are now available for those interested.

• Hexagon 1 May 2012 19:36:30 352 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    The problem comes not with the packaging and distribution, but the fact that they'd have to officially support such things. It'll probably come one day, but I doubt it'll be any time soon.
    The Linux community supports itself so well, I am sure GOG wouldn't have as many issues as they think they would.

GOG for Linux!

• pauleyc 8 May 2012 12:31:14 4,462 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Another release today from Good Old Games, that old classic Alan Wake.

At least it's relatively cheap, 14.99 USD.
  • Deleted user 8 May 2012 15:24:56
    The thread should probably be renamed - they've officially dropped the acronym of 'good old games' and are now just 'Gog'.
  • khaz 8 May 2012 18:10:29 2,786 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Must...resist...buying...Anachronox....
  • MetalDog 9 May 2012 15:25:42 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sweet!
    I love Alan Wake, so much fun.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• TheSaint 9 May 2012 15:27:56 14,417 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    $19.99 for RCT3 is a bit steep.
  • dsmx 9 May 2012 15:38:49 7,605 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RCT and RCT 2 are better than the third one anyway.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• pauleyc 10 May 2012 15:50:39 4,462 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New stuff:

Zeus Master of Olympus + expansion
    Quest for Glory I-V (yay!)
  • JBlokeUK 18 May 2012 13:15:13 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    50% off EA games this weekend only.

Am all over this.

• HisDudness 18 May 2012 13:27:58 983 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I want to get Alpha Centauri on sale, but I'm wondering if there are mods that modernize the resolution options. For example, is there a wide screen patch, etc.?
  • PenguinJim 19 May 2012 06:41:38 5,865 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HisDudness wrote:
    I want to get Alpha Centauri on sale, but I'm wondering if there are mods that modernize the resolution options. For example, is there a wide screen patch, etc.?
    From the wsgf:

Solution
    This solution works for two versions of the game: The Alien Crossfire version and the gog.com version.

Go to the gameDir and edit "Alpha Centauri.ini". Insert this line below the [Alpha Centauri] header (*NOT* below the [PREFERENCES] header):
    DirectDraw=0

Then launch the game, and it will use your desktop resolution for everything except the game selector screen (if you use it) and the FMVs.
  • HisDudness 19 May 2012 09:12:55 983 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PenguinJim wrote:
    HisDudness wrote:
    From the wsgf:

Solution
    This solution works for two versions of the game: The Alien Crossfire version and the gog.com version.

Go to the gameDir and edit "Alpha Centauri.ini". Insert this line below the [Alpha Centauri] header (*NOT* below the [PREFERENCES] header):
    DirectDraw=0

Then launch the game, and it will use your desktop resolution for everything except the game selector screen (if you use it) and the FMVs.
    Ok that sounds really easy. Thanks.
  • Deleted user 21 May 2012 14:58:41
    Heads up - the version of Dungeon Keeper 2 that GOG are peddling is totally fucking broken on Windows 7 (graphical glitches, frequent crashes).

The "Silver Edition" on torrent sites is loads better and runs a treat.
  • PenguinJim 21 May 2012 15:03:58 5,865 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are you using nVidia or AMD/ATi?
  • MetalDog 21 May 2012 15:04:02 23,697 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've seen a few graphical glitches (scenery flashing) while playing GOG's version of DK2 on Win7 64, but it hasn't crashed once on me and has been completely playable despite the odd flash and the slight 'floatiness' of the cursor.
    (NVidia for me, currently, ATI are going through a 'shit drivers' phase)

Edited by MetalDog at 15:04:40 21-05-2012

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Deleted user 21 May 2012 15:27:24
    Silver Edition worked worse for me under Win 7 - I had much the same as MD's experience with the GOG release, a couple of flashing glitches but nothing terrible, but the Silver Edition would only work in software mode. Totally black screen in hardware.

No matter how you go with it, DK2 is a game that utterly hates modern PCs.
  • Tiger_Walts 22 May 2012 11:11:00 16,593 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:ATI are going through a 'shit drivers' phase
    Which, by my reckoning is about 80% of the time.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• JBlokeUK 22 May 2012 11:18:09 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Glad I'm still running Vista. DK2 hasn't given me any problems.

I'd never actually played the game before getting it off GOG and I'm really enjoying it.

• Machetazo 30 May 2012 17:54:32 6,372 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    7 minutes to reach minimum safe distance. Through the link, for the GoG/CD Projekt Summer conference.
  • Page

of 50 First / Last