Good Old Games Page 39

• Page

of 52 First / Last

• kentmonkey 12 Apr 2012 21:12:25 20,924 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I could never get out of the second hospital on Theme Hospital. I just couldn't do it, for some reason.
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Apr 2012 22:43:48 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    @Blerk

Just run it through Corsix. Play in window mode!
    Corsix is getting better with every release, but it's still missing several rather important gameplay elements. When it's done, it'll be amazing. Until then, you still can't beat the original.
  • LFMartins 13 Apr 2012 12:42:08 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Weekend promo : 50% off on Interplay titles

Battle Chess Special Edition
    Castles + Castles 2
    Conquest of the New World
    Descent + Descent 2
    Descent 3 + Expansion
    Die by the Sword + Expansion
    Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
    Earthworm Jim 3D
    Evolva
    F/A-18E Super Hornet
    Fallout
    Fallout 2
    Fallout Tactics
    Freespace + Expansion
    Freespace 2
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto
    Invictus: In the Shadow of Olympus
    Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business
    Kingdom: The Far Reaches
    Kingpin: Life of Crime
    Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
    M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2
    MDK
    MDK 2
    Messiah
    Redneck Rampage Collection
    Sacrifice
    Screamer
    Shattered Steel
    Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
    Stonekeep
    VR Soccer '96

Each game costs 2.99$ / 2.30 / 1.90 . There are some real gems in there like the Fallout titles, Kingpin, both MDKs and Shogo.
  • Stranded87 13 Apr 2012 12:46:56 1,006 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just picked up Stonekeep from the sale. Had it when it first came out and remember liking it but never getting very far.

Fallout, Fallout 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 are all essential at that price imo if anyone's not played them.
  • Deleted user 14 April 2012 05:03:19
    Blerk wrote:
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    @Blerk

Just run it through Corsix. Play in window mode!
    Corsix is getting better with every release, but it's still missing several rather important gameplay elements. When it's done, it'll be amazing. Until then, you still can't beat the original.
    This is true, however I just played it for several hours on my Kindle Fire through CorsixTH for Android, so I think it's bastard marvelous.
  • PenguinJim 14 Apr 2012 05:17:32 6,010 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    Fallout, Fallout 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 are all essential at that price imo if anyone's not played them.
    It's just JA2: Unfinished Business on sale this weekend, sadly - the linear mini-expandalone that adds a few guns but doesn't match the original JA2 for strategy/management/replayability. Certainly a good game for $3, though! :)
  • Hexagon 17 Apr 2012 00:39:56 352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Someone should edit the title of this thread to just be GOG as the folks at GOG themselves have said that that is the new brand. :p

GOG for Linux!

• Hexagon 17 Apr 2012 19:01:28 352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Get your free DRM-free back up copy of the Witcher from GoG. Go go go.
    I don't get it. I already own the game on GOG. Is this only for people who own the game on disk or with some other digital distributor?

GOG for Linux!

• onestepfromlost 17 Apr 2012 19:09:39 2,117 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    id like to get games from here but i think the site still wont accept my debit card. Unless its been changed recently which would be nice ( not like i dont have a million games to play already!)
  • Hexagon 17 Apr 2012 19:12:04 352 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    id like to get games from here but i think the site still wont accept my debit card. Unless its been changed recently which would be nice ( not like i dont have a million games to play already!)
    They also accept PayPal if that helps. If not, contact them. They tend to respond swiftly.

GOG for Linux!

• WinterSnowblind 18 Apr 2012 09:46:16 1,250 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mystery Bullfrog game coming shortly.
    Theme Park, maybe?
  • PenguinJim 18 Apr 2012 09:50:28 6,010 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe they mean a game with bullfrogs in it? There is definitely one strong contender given another of GOG's recent additions. :p
  • WinterSnowblind 18 Apr 2012 12:17:40 1,250 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Populous: the Beginning
    Hell yes!
  • Rens11 18 Apr 2012 13:14:13 1,464 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just Downloading the Fallout freebie time to see if it lives up to the legend

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• MetalDog 18 Apr 2012 13:17:37 23,920 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I spent this lunchtime playing Theme Hospital - woot.
    First time in months I haven't spent lunch working on non-work projects and TH was definitely the right fix for the time slot.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• PenguinJim 18 Apr 2012 13:33:19 6,010 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    Just Downloading the Fallout freebie time to see if it lives up to the legend
    I was sold by the demo after equipping an SMG and shooting someone with it.

I'm not sure it would have the same impact today, though... :p
  • Rens11 18 Apr 2012 13:52:05 1,464 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @PenguinJim

hopefully it will. Loved Fallout 3 starting out weak and vulnerable with a bb gun and finishing with a lincoln repeater that could put most things down in 1

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• MetalDog 18 Apr 2012 14:02:44 23,920 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Nurse needed in Pharmacy
    Its the sound of pooing and vomiting that tends to haunt me.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• dsmx 18 Apr 2012 14:09:43 7,727 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ahh theme hostpital been playing it most days since I got it on gog, some of the disease causes are rather funny, baldness is a good one to look for.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• preacherman69 18 Apr 2012 14:14:14 177 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Using corsixth you can get theme hospital running on android devices I have it running on a tablet
  • Rens11 18 Apr 2012 14:58:08 1,464 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Never really played an isometric RPG if you had to pick the best for trying out the genre which would it be Planescape torment or Baldurs gate 2?

@dsmx and bloaty head!

• Deleted user 18 April 2012 15:22:41
    Rens11 wrote:
    Never really played an isometric RPG if you had to pick the best for trying out the genre which would it be Planescape torment or Baldurs gate 2?
    If you value combat and RPG development over story - Baldur's Gate. If you value story first, Planescape Torment.

Though some would argue PS:T has more RPG development, given you can more or less get through it with almost no combat if you build the character right.
  • UncleLou Moderator 18 Apr 2012 15:24:55 35,851 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Rens11 I prefer PS:T, but Baldur's Gate 2 is an awesome game and a better introduction to the genre than PS:T for sure.

(And I disagree with the poster above me, the single-player mode of NWN 1 is probably the worst thing Bioware have released).
  • Deleted user 18 April 2012 15:46:56
    Baldur's Gate is definitely an easier place to start. PS:T is a bit of a strange setting to say the least.

Neverwinter Nights vanilla was shit. The 3D graphics looked awful compared to the Infinity Engine games.
  • WinterSnowblind 18 Apr 2012 22:04:26 1,250 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rens11 Fallout 1 is a very different game than FO3. New Vegas actually captured the original ideas and themes far better (probably because it was actually made by the same developers).

But assuming you have any tolerance at all for older games, you should have fun with it. Aside from having some very slow combat, it's aged surprisingly well. I also stand by my opinion that the original is better than the second.
  • pauleyc 19 Apr 2012 15:18:50 4,535 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The cycle is nearly complete: Ultima VIII Gold Edition is now available.

Easily the worst game in the cycle (I admit I've never played IX) but it's apparently patched to a certain level of playability.
  • Page

of 52 First / Last